RECEIPTS - Cam Ward/Mario

Advertisement
I think this thread is fun. I got "called out" but we finally got a QB that may be a difference maker so I'm cool with it. It's all in fun. I still would not have handled it this way but Ward was the top target and I definitely wanted him over Howard. For once though, can this team do something and execute a plan smoothly without drama? 😆 🤣
I posted where you owned up to it.... :):)

@PIPO

1705327271124.gif

Yawn, another Johnny come lately

Just one week ago, we barely had enough warm bodies at quarterback for spring practice, so on your way out please find the knee jerk “swing and miss“ thread by the owner of this site.

@SinisterCane … our friend @rberryjr the mope forgets how the internet works when it comes to knee jerk takes…

I left the one about needing a WR1 for him to reflect on in silence…

I love SeaWorld and our DL class BTW…

IMG_1188.jpeg

IMG_1189.jpeg

IMG_1190.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
This seems unnecessarily petty.

Cam literally announced that he was going to the NFL, idk how people should be expected to think anything other than what's coming out of the QB's mouth.

He changed his mind; therefore opinions can also be changed based on the information that's available.

Cam himself wasn't sure what he was going to do, fans who know nothing of him personally or the inner-workings of his decision making process aren't going to know sh*t either.

Cam wasn't a Cane until he was, which was 24 hours ago.

... everything you just said is from a fan perspective—not the coaches or the family who were part of the official visit and the conversations. Like everyone who thinks they're "in the know" today everything you just said is based on limited information.

All reports were that Cam loved Miami and the Canes were the leader in the clubhouse. We have no idea his conversations with Mario throughout the process.

"Hey, it's New Year's Day and I have to put something out as it's been a few weeks. I'm gonna declare for the Draft but I won't sign with an agent as that will give me to the 15th to make the official decision."

Mario just flipped Scott, Lightfoot and Lyle from Ohio State, Hayes from Florida and got Blount back from Florida State—another one fans flipped out over mid-season, while Cristobal just stayed focused on the job and closed the kid in December, knowing Miami was in his heart but that there was no reason to worry about it October.

Fans keep trying to figure everything out in real time and do it knowing only a fraction of the facts and behind-the-scenes—yet it still doesn't stop them from shutting the f up and just letting things play out.

To rant and rave like mental patients end of December about a quarterback option is as stupid at pulling your hair out down 7-3 at the end of the first quarter.

Not trying to prolong this, just stating a point.

Simply coming back and saying "I was wrong" was not really "owning up to it" by @mavericksouth . That guy went after Cribby and DMoney, he told them he hoped they learned a valuable lesson. He also claimed to have some special insight into Cam Ward because he is a "business man".

While it is hilarious entertainment to watch the most extreme attackers come back to try to rewrite history by minimizing what they actually said...it would be far more helpful if they would take responsbility for the specific words they said, rather than telling us about how much crow they intend to eat.

@mavericksouth is just a massive bull****ter, regardless of whether he tried to dash off a one-sentence generic apology.
STOP trying to make sense! It’s all about the pettiness in this post and Im here for it!

Advertisement
What, you don’t like a good Caveman football joke?

The jokes write themselves with Mario.

He needs to do more of this and less losing. CIS shouldn’t be an echo chamber for mopeness or slurperness but let’s have our God Mario do more of the winning and less losing. That part is up to him. Not the mopes.
The caveman jokes are warranted in Eye In The Sky, not the recruiting forum where Mario has earned his stripes.

Advertisement
This seems unnecessarily petty.

Cam literally announced that he was going to the NFL, idk how people should be expected to think anything other than what's coming out of the QB's mouth.

He changed his mind; therefore opinions can also be changed based on the information that's available.

Cam himself wasn't sure what he was going to do, fans who know nothing of him personally or the inner-workings of his decision making process aren't going to know sh*t either.

Cam wasn't a Cane until he was, which was 24 hours ago.
This is certainly true. But all these mopes gloated at the perceived failure, like if Mario is to put a gun to wards head for a commitment. They were happy to post how much of an idiot caveman he is. Well now that the situation has changed, are we not allowed to laugh at how stupid and female-like emotional they were?

Advertisement
I am going to end this charade because in reality, a lot of the receipts some of you folks said were out there were not out there from what I saw.

Post your own receipts if you all fee they should be posted. I prefer to enjoy and I am here for these types of receipts:

@TriStarCane

View attachment 278939
That’s because most people talking about pulling receipts in that thread are FOS. If he had committed before declaring for draft then they would have a point but once he did that no one besides the very few that were privy to sensitive inside information had any faith it would get done.

I even saw a couple of posters in there who never commented on Ward and average about 1 post a month on here encouraging others to pull receipts. Reality is this is the biggest surprise most of us have ever witnessed following this and definitely of Mario’s tenure. We are all better off for it and should all be celebrating it.

Advertisement
Back