RECAP: The Opening Miami Regional

Advertisement
Who's the db from st. John bosco in California, his spare score was 137? And are we recruiting him?

A little off topic but you think scaife can play center?
Yes that's what I been saying all off season put your most athletic o lineman at center like Pouncey from Florida way back or like that center at bama that's about to go 1st round

Advertisement
Scaife is lean and athletic, too.

It would be a huge mistake to move Scaife inside, IMO. He is already a good tackle and is only getting better. I don't see the depth at tackle to merit that kind of move.
Remember that Scafie came in last year in the summer and did not have the 6-7 months of S&C that an EE would have had. This year he will have had the full S&C.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Scaife is lean and athletic, too.

It would be a huge mistake to move Scaife inside, IMO. He is already a good tackle and is only getting better. I don't see the depth at tackle to merit that kind of move.

He's going to play Guard in the NFL likely...why not move him there now...i think he's elite anywhere he plays on the OL.

He's going to play Guard in the NFL likely...why not move him there now...i think he's elite anywhere he plays on the OL.

IMO, he's the best tackle going into spring. If other tackles emerge, I'm fine moving him. But I suspect he will probably be further ahead than Kennedy and Campbell based on the way he was playing to finish the season.

also manny coaches a college team not an NFL team... if he's one of the best two we have at tackle that's where he should play

Advertisement
also manny coaches a college team not an NFL team... if he's one of the best two we have at tackle that's where he should play

Let's be for real now...we're not in the business of not getting guys ready for the NFL just bc it's a college job. That silly logic wouldn't ever go well on the recruiting trail.

IMO, he's the best tackle going into spring. If other tackles emerge, I'm fine moving him. But I suspect he will probably be further ahead than Kennedy and Campbell based on the way he was playing to finish the season.

I just rather have G-C-G ate elite levels when I have a mobile QB...just a difference in philosophy.

Let's be for real now...we're not in the business of not getting guys ready for the NFL just bc it's a college job. That silly logic wouldn't ever go well on the recruiting trail.

If he's an alright tackle, but a great guard, you play him at guard. If all you have is good or great guards, then unfortunately you move the best at tackle to that position. I'm not there to have a dog in the fight, so we'll see happens.

If he's an alright tackle, but a great guard, you play him at guard. If all you have is good or great guards, then unfortunately you move the best at tackle to that position. I'm not there to have a dog in the fight, so we'll see happens.

Great points...I agree

Advertisement
Back