Reasons why Mario is struggling to find a staff?

If you read the Oregon board for the past few years you would see they have had the same issues.

With OC, supposedly, Moorehead almost quit after being micromanaged by Cristobal and they had issues ever since. Supposedly, according to them, this is a common theme with him.

Also, if you go back to their DC search last year everyone was freaking out because he kept whiffing on his DCs. They even tried to play the same game with "we didn't want that guy" and they even have slurpers all the way up until Mario quit defending him with "Tim DeRuyter was our #1 choice all along!".
Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

Ser can you plz change your Avatar

Advertisement
Advertisement
The OC hire delay is what’s craziest, to me.

He was going to need to replace Moorhead at Oregon, anyway. You’d think he would have already had this process underway …
Yeah I’m sure you’re right he definitely didn’t have the process underway fly the **** plane

I have no inside info, but to me its weird that they hired position coaches prior to putting the coordinators in place regardless of who you have set in those roles.
For the 1527th time in this thread I don’t know why all of you guys think that at the college level the coordinators pick all of their staff it’s just not a ******* fact at most schools.

Spoiler also not true at the nfl

He's not... Some of y'all really need to calm the fvck down. If your canes than all you're doing is feeding the trolls by posting nonsense. Nothing productive comes of this. There's one spot on the staff not filled and it's cb. My understanding that'll be filled by the end of the weekend. There's a reason those of us that don't want attention simply said sit back and enjoy the process. This is something that has been planned for since the beginning. Y'all are acting like cattle right now and simply following the pack. Whether you like him or not Mario is an alpha and he has planned for each and every step meticulously. Complaints won't change that.
Repped just for referring to us as Canes rather than canes fans. Thank you.

Advertisement
MARIO IS NOT STRUGGLING TO FIND A STAFF

NO ONE HERE KNOW'S WTF IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

TAKE A KNEE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS

ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT THE FEW INSIDERS HERE SAY

STOP MAKING UP THINGS IN YOUR HEAD THAT YOU ARE IGNORANT ABOUT

YOU ARE NOT "A(N) OC WITH A HANDPICKED STAFF"
A version of this should be pinned to most threads.

Last edited:
For the 1527th time in this thread I don’t know why all of you guys think that at the college level the coordinators pick all of their staff it’s just not a ******* fact at most schools.

Spoiler also not true at the nfl
It's just my observation, if I am managing a team I want to vet the guys working for me; no idea why the hostility here

It's just my observation, if I am managing a team I want to vet the guys working for me; no idea why the hostility here
That's because the coordinators aren't managing the team, Mario is. That's just how it works in football basically all levels.

Advertisement
That's because the coordinators aren't managing the team, Mario is. That's just how it works in football basically all levels.
Even if just an illusion of control, as the headcoach aren’t you managing more at a macro level, you can’t be micromanaging bc the football operation is too large. Of course, most coaches are involved in the positional hires, but the idea is to bring someone who aligns with your view and let them rock. As head man you will even interview the guys brought to you by the coordinators and you have final sign off but you can’t get involved in every individual aspect because you’ll create voids in the operation, no?

I know if I was a OC with a handpicked staff I would not want to go to a school unless I could bring my guys (those who want to come) with me.

Does this play a factor with some guys as we have several guys already hired?

Anyway, what might be some other reasons why we are approaching month two since Mario’s hire and have no OC or DC and have lost our DB coach.
When did coordinatitors picking their position coaches become a thing?
Mason just got hired at OK st...is he bringing his position coaches?
When Obrien got the Bama gig...did he decide who the position coaches should be?
Just wandering

Advertisement
Coordinator hires don’t usually get the opportunity to bring the position coaches they want in. Nobody on the offensive staff last year was hired by Rhett Lashlee.

Even if just an illusion of control, as the headcoach aren’t you managing more at a macro level, you can’t be micromanaging bc the football operation is too large. Of course, most coaches are involved in the positional hires, but the idea is to bring someone who aligns with your view and let them rock. As head man you will even interview the guys brought to you by the coordinators and you have final sign off but you can’t get involved in every individual aspect because you’ll create voids in the operation, no?
Give us examples of head coaches allowing OCs and DCs to fill out their staffs

Advertisement
Back