Reasons why Mario is struggling to find a staff?

The Miami Herald said that ESPN as well as Arkansas SB Nation reported he was offered the job and he declined. Why is this truth so hard to accept?

It doesn't mean Mario failed. It doesn't mean anything.
Tom Hanks Dipshit GIF

Advertisement
The Miami Herald said that ESPN as well as Arkansas SB Nation reported he was offered the job and he declined. Why is this truth so hard to accept?

It doesn't mean Mario failed. It doesn't mean anything.

So the Miami Herald reported that ESPN reported something. And ESPN reported that Arkansas SB Nation reported something. And Arkansas SB Nation obviously got its information from Jimmy Sexton ("yeah, man, that SECOND offer that Mario made, it was tough, it was a really close decision").

The sports press Human-Centipede routine doesn't make a lie told by Jimmy Sexton "the truth". Why is this so hard for you to accept? It doesn't mean that you failed, it just means that you are so gullible that you believe anything that a sports reporter blasts out on Twitter.

Man this is silly as U know what, lmao…coordinators move on and are fired all time and a new coordinator is brought in…never have I ever heard of the HC firing all his position coaches bcs the coordinator wants his own…or a coordinator refusing to come bcs he didn’t select his position coaches…the coordinator works for the HC, if the HC elects to allow him to select position coaches, it’s a privilege

And Mario is not struggling to find a staff…he will announce others (including coordinators) when he’s ready to do so…there is no rush, we’re in January…spring ball isn’t until what, April, and season doesn’t start until September…take a chill pill
Yes. Been saying this for a while. Based on what other people are saying, a school that loses its OC is screwed because no good OC is going to go there because they have to inherit the previous staff. A HC is not going to risk his success because an OC wants to bring in his guys. It’s more likely that a HC is going to bring in his guys and they adapt to the style of the OC. Position coaches have usually been in multiple systems and can adapt. If the OC wants to run a zone blocking scheme, Mirabal will teach zone blocking.

So the Miami Herald reported that ESPN reported something. And ESPN reported that Arkansas SB Nation reported something. And Arkansas SB Nation obviously got its information from Jimmy Sexton ("yeah, man, that SECOND offer that Mario made, it was tough, it was a really close decision").

The sports press Human-Centipede routine doesn't make a lie told by Jimmy Sexton "the truth". Why is this so hard for you to accept? It doesn't mean that you failed, it just means that you are so gullible that you believe anything that a sports reporter blasts out on Twitter.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
For some people that don't want attention they sure do like to argue with people back and forth. Kind like, someone seeking attention.

He was not offered the job. He was interviewed and broad terms if he were to be offered were established. His agent leaks to reporters to then get his client more cash snd thrn himself in turn off thr backs of it. It’s how it’s played all the time. Nice try thiugh.
How do you know this?

Advertisement
I'm not sure what some of you guys infatuation is with Manny but I never mentioned him. He's in Pennsylvania. Now if he banged your girlfriend, mother, sister or declined your advances I understand, but that's your issue. He didn't do it me, so I'm staying on task.

I'm saying the press reported that Briles declined the job. Now if you have a factual reason why thats not true, I'm open to that but don't make ish up.
No, SOME press reported he was offered the job, most of them simply piggy backing off the first one to report it. Other press, including Ruiz who thus far has shown to have more insider knowledge than the national press, said he wasn't offered, they simply had talks, but Candle was the only one to actually get an offer.

Give us examples of head coaches allowing OCs and DCs to fill out their staffs

Not taking sides on this topic but oftentimes HC allows his new coordinator to bring an assistant or two, especially if they are overhauling existing philosophy/scheme. Note how HC often fires an assistant or two alongside the OC in order to give his new coordinator some leeway in new staff. Also, as was the case with Enos and Lashlee, HC will allow new coordinator to bring a grad assistant or two....I'm sure you already know this, just trying to show off my pingon at the beach time.

Advertisement
This thread is crazy. Folks, you don’t even need to be some connected insider to know that Briles did not turn our job down. The press isn’t exactly some beacon of truth and accuracy. A few Razorbacks tweeted it along with the Razorback school newspaper. So what.

Briles would kill for this job. He would be set up with the best roster he has ever had, make more money he has ever had and put in a conference where he could run up some numbers. There is a reason he didn’t sign any extension right after the season. He was a backup option. Realized he probably wasn’t getting the offer and so he and Sexton worked the press to save face and get that extension. Good for him

Moving on.
Briles easily couldve turned down the job. See us Miami fans, just likr other fan bases can be delusional and dismiss other factors. ARky is not considered a blue blood. Therefore Ppl who don’t know might say “briles would kill for this job”..? Why. Arkansas isn’t pinchin pennys over there. and Pittman has them with momentum rn. He has a QB his familia with and a culture in that offensive room that’s established..in the best conference and division in cfb..so wtf would he move In a lateral manner professionally. His next destination is to be a HC Im sure. So it makes perfect sense for him to take that Miami offer sheet ( if numbers was indeed exchanged) and bring it right to his HC and likely get it matched if not more..he stays where he built the culture with pieces he’s familiar with.

Not taking sides on this topic but oftentimes HC allows his new coordinator to bring an assistant or two, especially if they are overhauling existing philosophy/scheme. Note how HC often fires an assistant or two alongside the OC in order to give his new coordinator some leeway in new staff. Also, as was the case with Enos and Lashlee, HC will allow new coordinator to bring a grad assistant or two....I'm sure you already know this, just trying to show off my pingon at the beach time.
Don't we have coaching positions still vacant on both sides for the ball? QB and DB coaching positions among others or I'm mistaken?

Advertisement
Yes. Been saying this for a while. Based on what other people are saying, a school that loses its OC is screwed because no good OC is going to go there because they have to inherit the previous staff. A HC is not going to risk his success because an OC wants to bring in his guys. It’s more likely that a HC is going to bring in his guys and they adapt to the style of the OC. Position coaches have usually been in multiple systems and can adapt. If the OC wants to run a zone blocking scheme, Mirabal will teach zone blocking.
Wow. 459 post and you've "been saying this for a while". I've never seen so many people that know everything and really know nothing. So you are repeating what others are saying. Which is baseless BS

Advertisement
Back