Reasons the 2015 Canes can win the ACC

I'm curious how our talent compares to the rest of the ACC in a vacuum. Take out our history, coaching, etc...where does our talent rate? Is it 1. FSU 2. Miami like we always think? Or our we just being homers.

If you go off of recruiting rankings then we out recruit every team in the coastal. Fsu had had better classes then us but that's about it

Advertisement
I'm curious how our talent compares to the rest of the ACC in a vacuum. Take out our history, coaching, etc...where does our talent rate? Is it 1. FSU 2. Miami like we always think? Or our we just being homers.

Even if the rest of the ACC were in a vacuum, Golden still couldn't win the conference.

Hard question to answer. I would argue that one of the factors of 'talent' is the ability to be molded by the staff guiding you through your college career. Unfortunately our program is currently that scene from 'Ghost', and D'No/Moore and Golden/Swayze are doing the molding.

If you want to argue pure/raw talent, we aren't light years ahead of any teams in the ACC. They have just as many great players as we do. Everyone gets South Florida recruits, and even if it is one of the most talent rich areas in the nation, really good players go to their local state school and compete against us in the ACC.

Hard question to answer. I would argue that one of the factors of 'talent' is the ability to be molded by the staff guiding you through your college career. Unfortunately our program is currently that scene from 'Ghost', and D'No/Moore and Golden/Swayze are doing the molding.

If you want to argue pure/raw talent, we aren't light years ahead of any teams in the ACC. They have just as many great players as we do. Everyone gets South Florida recruits, and even if it is one of the most talent rich areas in the nation, really good players go to their local state school and compete against us in the ACC.

Agreed. From about 2004 - 2012 I was still in denial that just about every time we stepped out on the field, we were the more talented team by a lot. I was largely basing this off of recruiting rankings. Slowly but surely I've come to the conclusion that while we still have a very talented roster, the talent gap has closed significantly.

I'll start

4 of the 5 toughest games we play are at home, where Kaaya has excelled.

VT
Clemson
Nebraska
GT

Yes with the GREAT HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE that even our guys have not played in..

ROk you might get me back to a few games this year with all our upbeat talk

Advertisement
Well, look at it like this. If we finish with the record Rok threw out there, and lose 4-5 at home this year. That alone should be grounds for firing. I think this team should win the coastal, as we should have for years. Unfortunately, like everyone has so nicely put, this staff loses the team chemistry every year and the team quits on them. I think the OL will be the major downfall this year. We have some + talent there but not nearly enough of it. Guys will go down, they always do. And if we have no one of quality to step in then it gets ugly fast. The excuses will be all over the place for AG as he builds them in for himself, so I will root for the team to win in spite of him and just hope and pray there is enough there for the BS admin to pull the trigger and can him!

I'll start

4 of the 5 toughest games we play are at home, where Kaaya has excelled.

VT
Clemson
Nebraska
GT

Wouldn't come close to saying we can win even the Coastal. Primarily because of coaching and a silly defensive scheme. Honestly, I mean with all sincerity, I'd be scared to bet on an Al Golden led team against anybody on out schedule except Cincy and BCC. I do believe we can win 2 of those games, VT & Nebraska, but I wouldn't put good money on Al to beat GT or Clemson. Not because we can't but because we just aren't coached and recruited to win against top 20 teams.

Win the ACC?! I only know one guy that should even be allowed to say those words...

16365697-mmmain.jpg

If you go off of recruiting rankings then we out recruit every team in the coastal. Fsu had had better classes then us but that's about it

Clemson?

Advertisement

Clemson?

247 sports has us with the number two class in the ACC behind Florida State every year but one Clemson ranked second one year since 2012

FSU and Clemson- Pretty solid stone cold lock that we lose both (Dabo will be fired if he loses to UM, he is on the seat)

VT and GT- We lose 1, maybe both, very unlikely we go 2-0, VERY unlikely

UNC, Pitt, Duke and UVA- 3-1 at best, 2-2 according to Golden's history.

Thats 4-4 (throw in a fluke win and 5-3), 3-5 i or even 2-6 if the team quits on Golden earlier than usual.

No better than 3rd in the Coastal.

This team will NOT be better than 2014. We lost HUGE playmakers at WR, TE, RB and our OL will be worse. IMO, Coley is awful, and our playcalling will be worse. Defense will be worse. Teams have already figured out and skooled this staff on game day for 4 years. Look for more of the same.

The trick to winning the coastal is to avoid FSU and Clemson. We are one of two teams that can never do that. This year we hit both. No chance in ****. Cue Vince McMahon's theme song.

The only slim possibility would be to sweep the Coastal and win a tiebreaker hoping nobody else sweeps the coastal aside from losing to us. That would take us beating VT, GT, Duke, UVA, Pitt and UNC. Again. No chance.

GT has to play Clemson and fsu too and Pitt and UVA suck even tho they beat us last year.

VT and Duke play no one on the other side.

QB position is big.
We know Kaaya is pretty good. Does he reach the next level?
If so, some of those toss-up games go our way.

Advertisement
Back to reasons why we take the Coastal.
We are expected to do so poorly that there is no pressure on the Canes. They might actually perform to their potential.

Advertisement
team unity is the only chance we have...have any leaders come forward? Leaders that can actually get thru to ALL the players no just his 5 buddies

0-12 if you truely care about the canes should be your only wish. If you disagree or feel any other way you're an imbecile & an enemy of the program. Period end of story.

Teams we should probably go ahead and beat

Bethune
@FAU
UVA
@Duke
@Pitt
@UNC
@Cincy

Games we could very well lose:

@FSU
Clemson
Nebraska
GT
VT

Bruh have we even beat Virginia since golden been here??

LMFAO! why should we win those games? what since Golden has taken over gives anybody the sense any win is a lock? We lost every major contributer from a 6-7 team. Now what? This is our most coal-shovlerest team yet.

Advertisement
Back