Reasons the 2015 Canes can win the ACC

rok

Great Poster
I'll start

4 of the 5 toughest games we play are at home, where Kaaya has excelled.

VT
Clemson
Nebraska
GT

Advertisement
Lol we've had 1000 reasons why we should win the ACC every year and it hasn't happened yet. Just win.

eiula8.jpg

Magic.

Advertisement
The trick to winning the coastal is to avoid FSU and Clemson. We are one of two teams that can never do that. This year we hit both. No chance in ****. Cue Vince McMahon's theme song.

The only slim possibility would be to sweep the Coastal and win a tiebreaker hoping nobody else sweeps the coastal aside from losing to us. That would take us beating VT, GT, Duke, UVA, Pitt and UNC. Again. No chance.

Last edited:
Teams we should probably go ahead and beat

Bethune
@FAU
UVA
@Duke
@Pitt
@UNC
@Cincy

Games we could very well lose:

@FSU
Clemson
Nebraska
GT
VT

Advertisement
We should win the Coastal because we're the most talented team, which has been the case since we joined the ACC.

Advertisement
The trick to winning the coastal is to avoid FSU and Clemson. We are one of two teams that can never do that. This year we hit both. No chance in ****. Cue Vince McMahon's theme song.

The only slim possibility would be to sweep the Coastal and win a tiebreaker hoping nobody else sweeps the coastal aside from losing to us. That would take us beating VT, GT, Duke, UVA, Pitt and UNC. Again. No chance.

GT has to play Clemson and fsu too and Pitt and UVA suck even tho they beat us last year.

Why stop there Rok?

What about making the playoffs?

You mean the tournament? I don't see why not.

I always thought that if you win the Coastal, you have a good shot at winning the ACC. If you win the ACC, you should be in the national title picture.

Advertisement
Why stop there Rok?

What about making the playoffs?

You mean the tournament? I don't see why not.

I always thought that if you win the Coastal, you have a good shot at winning the ACC. If you win the ACC, you should be in the national title picture.

Five power conferences, Rok. Four slots. Winning the ACC is not a guarantee, but there's definitely a chance.

Would be nice to get back in the limelight.

Well. Someone once told me that you have to win the ACC to be in the National Title picture. He isn't wrong, so I guess everything else that comes out of his mouth is right. So I guess that means his wife's ***** is right?

If golden can't beat fsu this year he never will. Without cook fsu only has 2 returning starters on offense

This right here! If there were ever a year, it will be this year. It will depend two things: 1) OL and their ability to stay healthy and gel. 2) how our DL performs to save fatigue and injury on the back end as the season progresses.

If we run the same tempo of defense we did against VT, UNC & FSU (1st half) all season we will win the coastal.

From a talent standpoint our DL is the best it's been since Golden has been here. Obviously a dropoff at MLB with Perryman gone but I think we have more consistency in talent from sideline to sideline, especially with Grace out there. We have experience in the secondary and lots of it but zero depth. We need to stay healthy.

Offensively Kaaya is in my opinion the best QB in the ACC. With Yearby, Walton and Gus I see a steady level of production as long as our OL can run block (I'll touch back on this). WR & TE we have a great group for a very talented QB. Our OL frankly scares the **** out of me. Very little experience and thought of plugging Odogwu in for depth is terrifying. They're probably be better than I'm imagining but the unknown is frankly unnerving with this group.

Advertisement
Back