Reason why Banda could never be an Elite recruiter

Banned
Banned
This is a quote by Kamron Kitchens from Canesport.com

“He’s keeping it real with me, says I’ll have to work for my spot,” Kinchens said. “Coach Banda told me to have fun with your recruitment, that we’ll be waiting, as soon as you’re done with all that we’ll be ready for you to commit."

Im sorry but Banda should be recruiting this kid to being a leader for the 2021 class. You cant allow 4* DBs from Miami to "enjoy the process" The Miami kids who enjoy the process never really commit to Miami

Advertisement

“He’s keeping it real with me, says I’ll have to work for my spot,” Kinchens said. “Coach Banda told me to have fun with your recruitment, that we’ll be waiting, as soon as you’re done with all that we’ll be ready for you to commit."

Im sorry but Banda should be recruiting this kid to being a leader for the 2021 class. You cant allow 4* DBs from Miami to "enjoy the process" The Miami kids who enjoy the process never really commit to Miami
You're spot on. That's like encouraging your gf to date other guys & then come back to you when she's ready to be in a committed relationship. Not a good idea. She may never come back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is he wrong?
Yes Yes Yes Yes .

You guys bust the coaches **** left and right about taking kids 2 years out when they just keep making us look like clowns. Then a younger coach who has literally crushed it on defense tells the kids we have a new fresh aproach and you idiots want to skull fck him for it. Welllllll the other **** hasn't been working so shut the fck up.

Maybe this idea of hey do your thing and have fun is what south Florida kids want. Maybe just maybe the young coach is on ti something. Whats the worse we can get. Same old same old.

Yes Yes Yes Yes .

You guys bust the coaches **** left and right about taking kids 2 years out when they just keep making us look like clowns. Then a younger coach who has literally crushed it on defense tells the kids we have a new fresh aproach and you idiots want to skull fck him for it. Welllllll the other **** hasn't been working so shut the fck up.

Maybe this idea of hey do your thing and have fun is what south Florida kids want. Maybe just maybe the young coach is on ti something. Whats the worse we can get. Same old same old.

Well his tactic hasn't been working either since he whiffs on all the elite kids he trys to land.

What he's saying is exactly what you should say though. I'm sure everyone would rather a recruit take all the OV's and uOV's and be thorough and commit and shut it down when they are ready as oppose to committing early and having the fan base and coaching staff sweat worrying about a recruit possibly decommitting/flipping because he still wants to visit other schools although he's given a "pledge" to your school too soon. (sorry for the run on sentence)

Is he wrong?
What he's saying is exactly what you should say though. I'm sure everyone would rather a recruit take all the OV's and uOV's and be thorough and commit and shut it down when they are ready as oppose to committing early and having the fan base and coaching staff sweat worrying about a recruit possibly decommitting/flipping because he still wants to visit other schools although he's given a "pledge" to your school too soon. (sorry for the run on sentence)

Are you seriously here posting your opinions on proper recruiting this week?

Dude.

Wtf.

Advertisement

I see you hedged your bet with that word "could". Way to go out on a limb.

Advertisement
You're spot on. That's like encouraging your gf to date other guys & then come back to you when she's ready to be in a committed relationship. Not a good idea. She may never come back.
If she/he doesn't come back, they found a better place and you don't deserve them in spite of your inflated view of yourself.

My guess (purely my guess) is that the pressure on the kids heightens once they get closer to their senior year. So, Banda may use that approach for 2021/2022 kids but i wonder if he does it with 2020 kids. If that’s the case, I don’t have a big issue with the approach - I’m sure 2021/2022 kids are recruited like that in general.

Advertisement
Back