Realous & Cook

are you drunk?. Dalvin Cook sleep walks better than Kamara. You really tripping lol.
James Cook is an above average route runner and pass catcher. Has a similar running style to Kamara..ill say thats a good comp.
South Florida bias, I think Very highly on dalvin cook but I know Alvin kamara is a beast and he’s been since he played at norcross in Georgia

I wouldnt be surprised if james cooks best position is actually at cb or receiver tbh

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kamara averaged over 6 yards a rush in the NFL. Cook averaged 4.8 before the ACL tear. You never know how a guy will bounce back after an ACL. Look at Edge, he never was the same running back after tearing his ACL. Kamara also averaged 2 yards more per reception than Cook in the league.

As Jay-Z so eloquently said, "men lie, women lie, numbers don't". Kamara > Cook

Dalvin Cook played in 4 games and you around here touting numbers.lol

Dalvin Cook is exponentially better than Kamara as a player...likely still is coming off the acl. He's a different kind of elite. Has nothing to do with s.fla bias or anything.

South Florida bias, I think Very highly on dalvin cook but I know Alvin kamara is a beast and
Has been since he played at norcross

Dalvin Cook is exponentially better than Kamara as a player...likely still is coming off the acl. He's a different kind of elite. Has nothing to do with s.fla bias or anything.
hes not exponentially better than the rookie of the year in football. I think Dalvin cook can be an elite back in the league but kamara is a dog too now

Advertisement
hes not exponentially better than the rookie of the year in football. I think Dalvin cook can be an elite back in the league but kamara is a dog too now
Well said. Cook might be what we know Kamara already is in the league. If they did a 2017 NFL Draft redo, Kamara could go top 10 in the first round: http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orlea...ight-be-a-Top-10-pick-if-we-did-a-draft-re-do

I had him on my fantasy team, I watched just about every Saints game. Kamara got much better than he was on the Vols (and remember he transferred from Bama). I hope Dalvin Cook of all people never has the same NFL success, but hey if he does I'll be the first to say I was wrong. Just can't root for that ****, I don't care if he's from S. Fla.

Well said. Cook might be what we know Kamara already is in the league. If they did a 2017 NFL Draft redo, Kamara could go top 10 in the first round: http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-orlea...ight-be-a-Top-10-pick-if-we-did-a-draft-re-do

I had him on my fantasy team, I watched just about every Saints game. Kamara got much better than he was on the Vols (and remember he transferred from Bama). I hope Dalvin Cook of all people never has the same NFL success, but hey if he does I'll be the first to say I was wrong. Just can't root for that ****, I don't care if he's from S. Fla.

hes in the perfect scheme for his skillset. Love what new orleans does with him.

Crazy statement. Kamara is a beast. He is more versatile than Cook and has more Wiggle. Cook definitely has more straight line speed.

Crazy statement. Kamara is a beast. He is more versatile than Cook and has more Wiggle. Cook definitely has more straight line speed.

Cook is faster, stronger, and has better vision. He has more wiggle yea...Im not sure on the more versatile thing either. Cook couldve switched over to defense and made it to the nfl from the defensive backfield.

Advertisement
Comparing Cook and Kamara with stats is not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Let's take a look at college.....
Kamara:
- He only played in 2 seasons (24 games)
- In his college career, Kamara has carried the ball 15 times or more only 5 times (3 in 2015, 2 in 2016).
- Over those 2 years, he averaged 8.75 carries per game (with 3.1 receptions per game).
- Averaged 6.2 ypc over his career.
- The games in his career where he averaged more ypc than his career average (8 games), the opponents were Bowling Green, Western Carolina, Kentucky (twice), South Carolina, North Texas, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt.

Cook:
- He played in 3 seasons (38 games)
- In his college career, Cook carried the ball 15 times or more 27 times. Of the 11 games he didn't, 9 were as a true freshman.
- Over those 3 years, he averaged 18 carries per game (with 2.1 receptions per game). In his final 2 years, he averaged 20.7 carries per game).
- Averaged 6.5 ypc over his career.
- The games in his career where he averaged more ypc than his career average (17 games), the opponents were NC State, Louisville (twice), Miami (twice), Oregon, Texas State, South Florida (twice), Wake Forest, Clemson (twice), Chattanooga, Florida, Charleston Southern, Syracuse, and Michigan.

Kamara had little mileage on his body in college and coming into the NFL because he didn't have the workload. A bulk of his stats came against lesser competition and he never had to grind out yards late in games where space is limited.

Let's look at the NFL.....
Kamara
- In 16 games this year, Kamara never carried the ball more than 12 times (11 games less than 10).
- He averaged 7.5 carries per game and 6.1 ypc.
- Kamara did catch a TON of balls, 81 total, to increase his touches per game to 12.6
- Mark Ingram, the equivalent to Cook in the Saints running game, averaged 18 touches per game (14.4 carries per game @ 4.9 ypc).

Cook
- In 4 games this year, Cook never carried the ball less than 12 times.
- He averaged 18.5 carries per game and 4.8 ypc before getting hurt.
- Cook caught 11 balls to increase his touches per game to 21.3
- After Cook got hurt, the Vikings replaced him with Murray and McKinnon. Those guys averaged 3.9 and 3.8 ypc respectively.

Kamara is a dynamic player no doubt, as proven by his rookie campaign in the NFL. That said, the systems each guy plays in are completely different and Kamara is not a true RB comparison because he gets so few carries, in the NFL or back in college. His body does not take a beating. He has more space to operate. His legs are fresh. Ingram is the guy who pounds the teams and Kamara is the change of pace guy. If Cook carried that ypc avg through the remainder of the season, he would have ranked tied for 5th in the NFL behind only Kamara, Dion Lewis, Ingram and Hunt....and ahead of guys like Gurley, Zeke, Bell and McCoy. Ingram and Kamara being top 3 shows you how good NO was.

If you want to compare them as RBs, compare the tape, physical skills, clips, etc......not just the stats. That's like saying Kenyon Drake is a better RB than a lot of other top guys because he had a few good games against Denver and NE at the end of the season once he took the job over and finished with a 4.8 ypc for the year.

Too my knowledge, Dalvin NEVER trolled UM. I cant think of one occassiom of him disrespecting Miami outside of wbat he did to Goldens defenses.

His baby bro def cut from a different cloth.

Hold on @Gogeta; Cook was not doing that great when he was healthy. Kamara was exponentially better in his 1st season then Cook at the NFL level. I had Cook on my fantasy team and w the exception of one game (his first game), he gave me crap.

Now, that doesn’t mean in the long run Cook wouldn’t be better, but ur giving So Fla bias if you think, right now, Cook is better then Kamara.

Comparing Cook and Kamara with stats is not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Let's take a look at college.....
Kamara:
- He only played in 2 seasons (24 games)
- In his college career, Kamara has carried the ball 15 times or more only 5 times (3 in 2015, 2 in 2016).
- Over those 2 years, he averaged 8.75 carries per game (with 3.1 receptions per game).
- Averaged 6.2 ypc over his career.
- The games in his career where he averaged more ypc than his career average (8 games), the opponents were Bowling Green, Western Carolina, Kentucky (twice), South Carolina, North Texas, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt.

Cook:
- He played in 3 seasons (38 games)
- In his college career, Cook carried the ball 15 times or more 27 times. Of the 11 games he didn't, 9 were as a true freshman.
- Over those 3 years, he averaged 18 carries per game (with 2.1 receptions per game). In his final 2 years, he averaged 20.7 carries per game).
- Averaged 6.5 ypc over his career.
- The games in his career where he averaged more ypc than his career average (17 games), the opponents were NC State, Louisville (twice), Miami (twice), Oregon, Texas State, South Florida (twice), Wake Forest, Clemson (twice), Chattanooga, Florida, Charleston Southern, Syracuse, and Michigan.

Kamara had little mileage on his body in college and coming into the NFL because he didn't have the workload. A bulk of his stats came against lesser competition and he never had to grind out yards late in games where space is limited.

Let's look at the NFL.....
Kamara
- In 16 games this year, Kamara never carried the ball more than 12 times (11 games less than 10).
- He averaged 7.5 carries per game and 6.1 ypc.
- Kamara did catch a TON of balls, 81 total, to increase his touches per game to 12.6
- Mark Ingram, the equivalent to Cook in the Saints running game, averaged 18 touches per game (14.4 carries per game @ 4.9 ypc).

Cook
- In 4 games this year, Cook never carried the ball less than 12 times.
- He averaged 18.5 carries per game and 4.8 ypc before getting hurt.
- Cook caught 11 balls to increase his touches per game to 21.3
- After Cook got hurt, the Vikings replaced him with Murray and McKinnon. Those guys averaged 3.9 and 3.8 ypc respectively.

Kamara is a dynamic player no doubt, as proven by his rookie campaign in the NFL. That said, the systems each guy plays in are completely different and Kamara is not a true RB comparison because he gets so few carries, in the NFL or back in college. His body does not take a beating. He has more space to operate. His legs are fresh. Ingram is the guy who pounds the teams and Kamara is the change of pace guy. If Cook carried that ypc avg through the remainder of the season, he would have ranked tied for 5th in the NFL behind only Kamara, Dion Lewis, Ingram and Hunt....and ahead of guys like Gurley, Zeke, Bell and McCoy. Ingram and Kamara being top 3 shows you how good NO was.

If you want to compare them as RBs, compare the tape, physical skills, clips, etc......not just the stats. That's like saying Kenyon Drake is a better RB than a lot of other top guys because he had a few good games against Denver and NE at the end of the season once he took the job over and finished with a 4.8 ypc for the year.
This is very well thought out and I appreciate the breakdown. That said, Murray and McKinnon aren't every down backs and I believe Drake is. We simply don't know how Cook's torn ACL will affect him, but I'm 100% sure that Kamara will be expected to put up better numbers next year even sharing the backfield with Ingram and it'll be reflected in just about every fantasy football draft.

Advertisement
Kamara averaged over 6 yards a rush in the NFL. Cook averaged 4.8 before the ACL tear. You never know how a guy will bounce back after an ACL. Look at Edge, he never was the same running back after tearing his ACL. Kamara also averaged 2 yards more per reception than Cook in the league.

As Jay-Z so eloquently said, "men lie, women lie, numbers don't". Kamara > Cook

Numbers without any type of context certainly do lie.

Cook and Kamara have different roles, different offensive styles, different QB's, and different OL's.

You're just being lazy instead of trying to do some real in depth analysis, so don't come in with this "numbers don't lie" ****.

People saying a player did bad bc he didn't help their fantasy team is the epitome of idiocy.

Dont know why any of you give a **** about either of the cooks when we just grabbed the best back in the state with out a doubt.

Advertisement
Don't mean to derail, but isn't there a Fr/So RB at Central that tore it up on limited carries this year? Cook is way overrated imo. Soft. I bet he transfers to Marshall after being passed over by younger kids.

Go Canes!

Amari Daniels is the truth. After watching 2 of the Central games on ESPN, it was clear that Amari Daniels is the best running back on the Central squad. I remember Richt had Daniels and another Central player on campus in August the day after he ran for 105 yards against Hollywood Chaminade-Madonna. He's visited campus several times last year

Hope he becomes a Cane!!!!

are you drunk?. Dalvin Cook sleep walks better than Kamara. You really tripping lol.
James Cook is an above average route runner and pass catcher. Has a similar running style to Kamara..ill say thats a good comp.

What I saw from that all-star game is Cook will be a good 3rd down back for Georgia, which is interesting because other than Swift they really don't throw to their backs. Cook will never be the feature back at Georgia.

Numbers without any type of context certainly do lie.

Cook and Kamara have different roles, different offensive styles, different QB's, and different OL's.

You're just being lazy instead of trying to do some real in depth analysis, so don't come in with this "numbers don't lie" ****.
Well if it isn't another so-called Cane fan slobbering over Dalvin Cook coming out of the woodwork. Lazy? I provided a link that shows some in NFL circles think Kamara would have gone top 10 in the draft if there was a do-over. Yeah, 4 games for Cook is too small a sample size to judge how their careers will unfold, but you know what else is a small sample size? Zero. Which is the number of games you've seen from a post-torn ACL from Cook, yet you're thinking he's better than the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Advertisement
Back