Really Really OT...Kind of: Future of Miami

Advertisement
FFS, we used coal and oil in the industrial revolution. These are outdated energy sources and they are only being propped up bc decrepit billionaires in these industries are acting as sugar daddies to our politicians.

There is no debate about this issue. To say otherwise and try to be a contrarian makes you look like those folks who used to push science that said cigarette smoking was actually healthy. Especially for pregnant women.

Now the big talking point against drastic action is that othet r countries pollute, too. Since when does the US point to China and India to justify its actions on energy policy? What a ridiculous excuse, especially when you consider that the US is the world's second largest polluter and nearly double that of third place India. To say us curbing our emissions wont have an effect is insanity.

We are supposed to be leaders, but sadly our leaders for some time have been happy to follow on this issue. I'm a big time Obama guy, and yet, he was horrendous on energy (never forget the US became the worlds leader in oil output due to his administration's embrace of fracking. Ugh).

We put a man on the moon 60 years after the first flight, but transitioning to renewables in a decade is somehow ludicrous and unrealistic?

JFC, we have people actually arguing in the EPA that CO2 emissions are a good thing, and then we have others arguing that its Gods will to rise the seas.

I hate us some times.

What a whiny post. The US IS a leader. It's one of the leaders, if not the leader, in reducing co2 emissions and other pollutants in the world. https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapie...es-in-reducing-carbon-emissions/#5755ec073535

America is doing it's part in combating pollution. The talking point is not that we don't want to take drastic action or do nothing simply because other countries pollute also (even while places like China make no effort to reduce), the talking is point is why should we take such drastic action as to cripple our economy and industries just to virtue signal and martyr ourselves when other countries won't do their part. Not to mention as everyone has been saying, there is no definitive answer on what will actually have an effect or not.

… and according to the NOAA link it has more to do with the land sinking than sea level rising. Don't know how much can be done about technic shifts.
Amazing how all of the sudden multiple coastal land masses on the same planet are sinking.
Hollow earth theory gaining evidence day by day.

FFS, we used coal and oil in the industrial revolution. These are outdated energy sources and they are only being propped up bc decrepit billionaires in these industries are acting as sugar daddies to our politicians.

There is no debate about this issue. To say otherwise and try to be a contrarian makes you look like those folks who used to push science that said cigarette smoking was actually healthy. Especially for pregnant women.

Now the big talking point against drastic action is that othet r countries pollute, too. Since when does the US point to China and India to justify its actions on energy policy? What a ridiculous excuse, especially when you consider that the US is the world's second largest polluter and nearly double that of third place India. To say us curbing our emissions wont have an effect is insanity.

We are supposed to be leaders, but sadly our leaders for some time have been happy to follow on this issue. I'm a big time Obama guy, and yet, he was horrendous on energy (never forget the US became the worlds leader in oil output due to his administration's embrace of fracking. Ugh).

We put a man on the moon 60 years after the first flight, but transitioning to renewables in a decade is somehow ludicrous and unrealistic?

JFC, we have people actually arguing in the EPA that CO2 emissions are a good thing, and then we have others arguing that its Gods will to rise the seas.

I hate us some times.
What kind of electric car do you drive?

Advertisement
Amazing how all of the sudden multiple coastal land masses on the same planet are sinking.
Hollow earth theory gaining evidence day by day.

Meanwhile Alaska is rising. It'll soon be time for the great northern migration. Land is cheap now north of the artic.

I have lived in Florida since the 40's. In the 50's I did a school report on "The Carbon Dioxide Theory". It was the forerunner of the garbage we hear today. Carbon Dioxide was going to trap heat in the atmosphere causing the ice caps to melt. Thawing ice removes heat so we would have an ice age with temperatures dropping drastically. The rise in the water would flood Florida and the entire east Coast by 1980. Today the coast of Florida is identical to when I was born, erosion has been a factor during hurricanes, otherwise there has been no change. In the 20's the water in Fort Lauderdale flooded all the way to US1 but subsided quickly. What people fail to realize is that the Arctic is an Ocean. Take a glass of water, put ice in it and the ice floats. Mark the level of the water and then let the ice melt. Ice floats because it is frozen and when it melts it returns to the same liquid level it displaced so the level will not change. We are NOT going to flood Florida and these reports of places going under water are fraudulent as most are exaggerated or sinking. If any place would show the effects being reported it would be New Orleans since it is already below seas level and, yes they did flood with hurricane Katrina just as any hurricane surge would. Relax folks even the youngest of us will die before the flood, oh wait...God said Noah's flood would not repeat so chill. Meanwhile those creating hysteria (mainly Gore) fly around in jets and have huge carbon footprints, think they are worried as they profit?
Now imagine starvation if we kill all the cows that fart? Lose crops because farm equipment gas powered stops running, you can't get electric because power plants are shutdown, yes they will go after Turkey Point with a vengeance too! The flood will be all your sweat. Park your car and turn off your AC for a week and then ask me to change my habits based on fake science. Need I go on

lol, we got a lot of amateur environmental scientists dropping dumbassery in here. lot to unpack, but for starters this whole “buhhhhh China” thing is an excuse from people who can’t bear to imagine the US taking a shred of accountability. if you factor in historic emissions, which of course are just as much of a contributor to global climate change as current emissions, the US is the world leader. not to mention china and india have both been far more proactive on climate action than the US in recent years (though neither country is doing enough).

and no, it’s not about changing individual consumption patterns, it’s about changing the systems that drive them. it’s entirely possible to limit warning to manageable levels, but frankly neither political party is proposing solutions that are even close to adequate, because **** near every politician in this country is in the pocket of the massive oil companies that put us in this mess in the first place.

LOL..you’re a freaking clown.

I guarantee - you’re no expert.

“Historical emissions”..you have no clue.

Just stick to porsting about sports and skip the political talking points.

Advertisement
lol, we got a lot of amateur environmental scientists dropping dumbassery in here. lot to unpack, but for starters this whole “buhhhhh China” thing is an excuse from people who can’t bear to imagine the US taking a shred of accountability. if you factor in historic emissions, which of course are just as much of a contributor to global climate change as current emissions, the US is the world leader. not to mention china and india have both been far more proactive on climate action than the US in recent years (though neither country is doing enough).

and no, it’s not about changing individual consumption patterns, it’s about changing the systems that drive them. it’s entirely possible to limit warning to manageable levels, but frankly neither political party is proposing solutions that are even close to adequate, because **** near every politician in this country is in the pocket of the massive oil companies that put us in this mess in the first place.

More political talking points.

Lexus hybrid. Trying to trade up to a Tesla by xmas. Amazing investment. And yourself?

Oooh...major league virtue signaling.

Only way to answer this question is with a picture of your car and you flipping the bird. If not, you don’t own this car. But if you do, it’ll be a classic post.

Advertisement
Advertisement
OT, this may make you run out and get a bigger kayak and some new Birkenstocks, but I think it may be already too Late!!

Meanwhile, higher CO2 levels have led to Global Greening because plants love CO2. New growth traps carbon. Its almost like nature responds to events and things work in cycles.

A radical change that will destroy the economy and cause poverty and famine is a bad idea all around. Maybe look at common sense solutions like not taking private jets to global conferences on climate change would be a start.

Advertisement
Back