Reality

Not saying that but hiring a guy who got fired wasn’t smart either. Especially someone who’s severely underachieved with everything he needed to succeed and more.

He was an upgrade in every conceivable way, and he didn't leave us holding the bag with tens of millions in buyout.

Was he what we (except the bbb crew, they wanted him to fail more than they wanted Miami to succeed) hoped? No, he was not.

Did he put us back several years? No, not at all. He moved us forward, just not as much as he should have.

Advertisement
He was an upgrade in every conceivable way, and he didn't leave us holding the bag with tens of millions in buyout.

Was he what we (except the bbb crew, they wanted him to fail more than they wanted Miami to succeed) hoped? No, he was not.

Did he put us back several years? No, not at all. He moved us forward, just not as much as he should have.
Moved us forward? The day he stepped down was no different than the day Golden was fired minus an IPF that was already being built. Reality.

Moved us forward? The day he stepped down was no different than the day Golden was fired minus an IPF that was already being built. Reality.

First off, don't move the goalpost. You said he set us back several years, now you're going with were no better off than when al got fired.

But even if we do change to "no different than the day golden was fired", you're still wrong. The IPF alone puts us ahead of where we were, and don't act like Richt had nothing to do with that. He gave his own money, and the excitement he brought loosened people's purse strings and help fund the thing...and you know al had no goodwill left so he wouldn't have helped in fundraising at all. On top of that, Richt recruited better (overall), and managed to beat fsu twice. AND as I said before, he didn't make us pay him when he left.

There's just no conceivable way we aren't better off than after al was fired, let alone being set back several years.

Your original point makes no sense, and I'm baffled as to why you're still defending it.

Advertisement
First off, don't move the goalpost. You said he set us back several years, now you're going with were no better off than when al got fired.

But even if we do change to "no different than the day golden was fired", you're still wrong. The IPF alone puts us ahead of where we were, and don't act like Richt had nothing to do with that. He gave his own money, and the excitement he brought loosened people's purse strings and help fund the thing...and you know al had no goodwill left so he wouldn't have helped in fundraising at all. On top of that, Richt recruited better (overall), and managed to beat fsu twice. AND as I said before, he didn't make us pay him when he left.

There's just no conceivable way we aren't better off than after al was fired, let alone being set back several years.

Your original point makes no sense, and I'm baffled as to why you're still defending it.
Are you that dumb? How did I move the goalpost I responded to you. Actually both go hand in hand considering what that 58-0 shellacking did to us, the LSU game was comparable. I don’t recall losing 4 games in a row with Golden, especially to teams like Duke, Virginia, BC and GT. Bottom of the ******* barrel power 5 teams at that. Might I add it was his 3rd 4 game losing streak in 3 years. A sad miserable nightmare that is finally over.

As with any University, a new hire brings excitement. Look at the excitement with Diaz. The Wharf event was a positive as was Orlando. Willie donated a million, I guess that makes him a **** of a coach too.

Some of us put context behind things. #1 nothing would have changed our results in recruiting short of the death penalty. #2 while I'll agree football has passed him by and on his reasoning for exiting and on him embarrassing us last year, I ask you what was the alternative? Who else wouldve gave us as much progress OFF THE FIELD as he did? While most of yall were fooled by Malik's record breaking year, some people can see beyond wins and losses and yall were warned where this was headed. Last year we saw the outcome of that. The man is the sole reason for far bigger progress at this university than any coach EVER has been here. I'm a butch guy as most would know. I also love JJ. But please feel free to point out what any of them did for the UNIVERSITY, rather than what they did for themselves. There only legacies here since Howard begins and ends with winning or losing... I'm not gonna argue about all this stuff as I'm aware it's pointless. But at this rate the man is sick and a shell of himself. His last act with us was another selfless illustration of how foolish it is to say he set us back rather than the exact opposite... the man left almost 20 million on the table for us to be able to spend on necessities rather than hindering us. Dont disparage a man that LEADS by that level of class and dignity. Personally I'll be far happier knowing my nephew was reinforced by a coach who stood for something and showed him how to be a man than some douchebag who doesnt give three shyts bout nothing but his wallet. Oh and while ur saying all that without having a clue who we wouldve got after alfraud i hope you realize manny was a large part of the problems you emphasized as well... #justsayin

This is perhaps the biggest takeaway. Meanwhile Golden is suing the university for like 3 million while he is still a coach in the NFL, Richt essentially is at retirement age and walked away from 20 mil.... that is security for him, his family, children and **** prob even grandchildren. He also gave a mil of his own cash for the IPF, he did a ton off the field.

Advertisement
Are you that dumb? How did I move the goalpost I responded to you. Actually both go hand in hand considering what that 58-0 shellacking did to us, the LSU game was comparable. I don’t recall losing 4 games in a row with Golden, especially to teams like Duke, Virginia, BC and GT. Bottom of the ******* barrel power 5 teams at that. Might I add it was his 3rd 4 game losing streak in 3 years. A sad miserable nightmare that is finally over.

As with any University, a new hire brings excitement. Look at the excitement with Diaz. The Wharf event was a positive as was Orlando. Willie donated a million, I guess that makes him a **** of a coach too.

When you ask if I'm that dumb, do you mean dumb enough that I can't remember what my OP was about?

"Richt set us back a couple years."

When you ask if I'm that dumb, do you mean dumb enough that I can't remember what my OP was about?

"Richt set us back a couple years."
Preseason top 10 to 7-6 and the 39th ranked recruiting class on the day he stepped down. The perception of the program was “We back”. Now we back to hopefully getting votes in the preseason polls and finishing with a top 15 class.

Advertisement
Back