Reality

Some of us put context behind things. #1 nothing would have changed our results in recruiting short of the death penalty. #2 while I'll agree football has passed him by and on his reasoning for exiting and on him embarrassing us last year, I ask you what was the alternative? Who else wouldve gave us as much progress OFF THE FIELD as he did? While most of yall were fooled by Malik's record breaking year, some people can see beyond wins and losses and yall were warned where this was headed. Last year we saw the outcome of that. The man is the sole reason for far bigger progress at this university than any coach EVER has been here. I'm a butch guy as most would know. I also love JJ. But please feel free to point out what any of them did for the UNIVERSITY, rather than what they did for themselves. There only legacies here since Howard begins and ends with winning or losing... I'm not gonna argue about all this stuff as I'm aware it's pointless. But at this rate the man is sick and a shell of himself. His last act with us was another selfless illustration of how foolish it is to say he set us back rather than the exact opposite... the man left almost 20 million on the table for us to be able to spend on necessities rather than hindering us. Dont disparage a man that LEADS by that level of class and dignity. Personally I'll be far happier knowing my nephew was reinforced by a coach who stood for something and showed him how to be a man than some douchebag who doesnt give three shyts bout nothing but his wallet. Oh and while ur saying all that without having a clue who we wouldve got after alfraud i hope you realize manny was a large part of the problems you emphasized as well... #justsayin
Nuff said!

Advertisement
Some of us put context behind things. #1 nothing would have changed our results in recruiting short of the death penalty. #2 while I'll agree football has passed him by and on his reasoning for exiting and on him embarrassing us last year, I ask you what was the alternative? Who else wouldve gave us as much progress OFF THE FIELD as he did? While most of yall were fooled by Malik's record breaking year, some people can see beyond wins and losses and yall were warned where this was headed. Last year we saw the outcome of that. The man is the sole reason for far bigger progress at this university than any coach EVER has been here. I'm a butch guy as most would know. I also love JJ. But please feel free to point out what any of them did for the UNIVERSITY, rather than what they did for themselves. There only legacies here since Howard begins and ends with winning or losing... I'm not gonna argue about all this stuff as I'm aware it's pointless. But at this rate the man is sick and a shell of himself. His last act with us was another selfless illustration of how foolish it is to say he set us back rather than the exact opposite... the man left almost 20 million on the table for us to be able to spend on necessities rather than hindering us. Dont disparage a man that LEADS by that level of class and dignity. Personally I'll be far happier knowing my nephew was reinforced by a coach who stood for something and showed him how to be a man than some douchebag who doesnt give three shyts bout nothing but his wallet. Oh and while ur saying all that without having a clue who we wouldve got after alfraud i hope you realize manny was a large part of the problems you emphasized as well... #justsayin
Your a Butch Guy??...****...Who would've thought??....Lol...

He helped more then hurt.....my thing is no more giving out contracts when there are red flags. We need to stop acting scared with our coaches like if there going somewhere.

He helped more then hurt.....my thing is no more giving out contracts when there are red flags. We need to stop acting scared with our coaches like if there going somewhere.
Yep, Play hard ball with Butch. Then comes Clappy who wasn't going anywhere, extension. Then radio who wasn't going anywhere, extension. Then Grohlden who wasn't going anywhere, extension. Then Rorcht who wasn't going anywhere, extension. Then Manny hadn't even moved to Philly and let's give him a contract within 10 hrs, without gauging interest or interviewing anyone else. LOL
I do hope Manny rights the ship but Lawd.

Yep, Play hard ball with Butch. Then comes Clappy who wasn't going anywhere, extension. Then radio who wasn't going anywhere, extension. Then Grohlden who wasn't going anywhere, extension. Then Rorcht who wasn't going anywhere, extension. Then Manny hadn't even moved to Philly and let's give him a contract within 10 hrs, without gauging interest or interviewing anyone else. LOL
I do hope Manny rights the ship but Lawd.
Facts

Signs of people up top not knowing how to do there jobs.

Advertisement
Why does richt have to be either some kinda hero or a complete disaster?

He coached here for 3 seasons and was good in some areas and not good enough in others.

No need to crown him no need to bury him.

Advertisement
Richt set us back a couple years. We could be on the doorstep of perennial top 10 and he screwed us.

Sentiment makes no sense.

Program was a dumpster fire when he took over—months removed from a 58-0 home pasting courtesy of Clemson, which got Al Golden fired in the middle of year five.

How did the program get on the doorstep of being some perennial Top 10 contender if he didn't help orchestrate the comeback post-Golden?

Richt was well-intended when he took the job and a few years in realized it was too much of an uphill battle for a guy who just did 15 years in the SEC and seriously contemplated retirement when Georgia parted ways with him.

Besides the fact he graciously bowed out and left a $20M buyout on the table—the man orchestrated the building of an indoor practice facility (and pitched in $1M of his own money), he lobbied hard to get assistants more money (which ultimately brought Manny Diaz south, which led to his eventual takeover) and he changed the culture regarding nutrition at UM, bringing the program into the modern era.

All that said and you're still complaining about the man with some nonsensical would've, could've, should've garbage. Get over it.

1000% true.

Blake James wasn't championing an indoor practice facility, Julio Frenk is hands off and Al Golden sure as **** wasn't thinking that way.

It took a veteran coach, a proven SEC entity and a football alum to lead the charge that Miami needed to get with the times and get this project rolling—jumpstarting efforts with a $1M check out of his own pocket.

You're really gonna try and discredit a guy who gave $1M of his own money—and one who graciously stepped down, leaving a $20M buyout on the table? Richt also changed the culture and admin's attitude towards paying assistants big money—something he fought hard for upon his arrival.

The guy was hardly some middle-of-the-road three-year hire. The things he did behind the scenes were more influential, instrumental and quantifiable than anything the past three athletic directors—Hocutt, Eichorst and James—did for Miami football, combined.

1000% true.

Blake James wasn't championing an indoor practice facility, Julio Frenk is hands off and Al Golden sure as **** wasn't thinking that way.

It took a veteran coach, a proven SEC entity and a football alum to lead the charge that Miami needed to get with the times and get this project rolling—jumpstarting efforts with a $1M check out of his own pocket.

You're really gonna try and discredit a guy who gave $1M of his own money—and one who graciously stepped down, leaving a $20M buyout on the table? Richt also changed the culture and admin's attitude towards paying assistants big money—something he fought hard for upon his arrival.

The guy was hardly some middle-of-the-road three-year hire. The things he did behind the scenes were more influential, instrumental and quantifiable than anything the past three athletic directors—Hocutt, Eichorst and James—did for Miami football, combined.
I’m not discrediting anybody but you. When richt was hired James was very clear that IPF plans were already drawn up and the process to get it built and financed was underway. The BOT had already decided to invest in the program and coaches when Gorlden was fired. As a result of that decision, Richt and his staff were hired. This was all in print at the time, even prior to richt leaving uga. He def helped tho a lot with his donation and fundraising.

I’m not saying richt wasn’t a good man, im not saying he was a good football coach. I’m just saying he did some good things and some not good things.

No need to embellish on either side.

Last edited:
Advertisement
OP just wants to beat a dead horse. And then he wants to **** on it. And then he wants to beat on it some more. And then he wants to stab the carcass. The rest of us have moved on.

Only purpose of this thread is so that he can take some more gratuitous shots at Rick.
Wrong. We are in the heart of recruiting season. I see certain schools popping up for elite kids and we aren’t mentnioned for any of them. Why cause we went 7-6 and flat out EMBARRASSED during several of them. We sensationalize our kids so much and they just aren’t good enough. Forgive me for wanting to be elite again or even in the conversation. Instead we barely crack the top 25 in some polls.

NO ONE had the resources Richt had in 20 years and he literally **** the bed on us. I was down on the Diaz hire but him going out and doing what he did firing the whole offensive staff and then the ultimate F U by bringing back Jeff. Then cleaning up Richts shortcomings in recruiting by hitting the portal hard. Open your **** eyes. Enough with the IPF, that would’ve been done regardless.

Advertisement
Wrong. We are in the heart of recruiting season. I see certain schools popping up for elite kids and we aren’t mentnioned for any of them. Why cause we went 7-6 and flat out EMBARRASSED during several of them. We sensationalize our kids so much and they just aren’t good enough. Forgive me for wanting to be elite again or even in the conversation. Instead we barely crack the top 25 in some polls.

NO ONE had the resources Richt had in 20 years and he literally **** the bed on us. I was down on the Diaz hire but him going out and doing what he did firing the whole offensive staff and then the ultimate F U by bringing back Jeff. Then cleaning up Richts shortcomings in recruiting by hitting the portal hard. Open your **** eyes. Enough with the IPF, that would’ve been done regardless.

You’re fūcking boring me to death.

**** OP still taking parting shots. Then there's that **** post I see up there on that Midget King's show - can football get here fast enough? This is a brutally tough offseason with posts like these to suffer through.

I’m not discrediting anybody but you. When richt was hired James was very clear that IPF plans were already drawn up and the process to get it built and financed was underway. The BOT had already decided to invest in the program and coaches when Gorlden was fired. As a result of that decision, Richt and his staff were hired. This was all in print at the time, even prior to richt leaving uga. He def helped tho a lot with his donation and fundraising.

I’m not saying richt wasn’t a good man, im not saying he was a good football coach. I’m just saying he did some good things and some not good things.

No need to embellish on either side.
Keep preaching facts and inform the uninformed. Although our opinions of him as a coach differ, I still respect your decision cause you are bright.

Give it a rest, neither Richt’s are here anymore nor did he take the school to the cleaners which he could very easily have done. He’s been gone for almost 6 months now and the new coaching staff is/has been in place since then. Go find your buried horse, dig it back up yet again, beat on it, then bury it back one last time. Everyone else is focused forward while you remain behind. Worse that a scorned woman who’s man up and left her. Let it go
Amen brother. That Clown is still figuring, how to ride the dead horse....

Advertisement
Back