Reality has finally sunk in.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 1823
  • Start date
Miami is always going to get everybody's best game just because we're the U and everyone wants to beat the U. So until we realize this as a team and embrace it, we won't win the coastal. We've got to be good enough and prepared to play good football every game of the season and it's just been too long since Miami has put a good offense, defense, and ST game all together in ACC play

The last time that comes to mind is 2014 VT when we dominated them

Nobody is playing their best game because it's Miami. Those days have passed. Plenty of teams have played half asz games against Miami and still won. Every team on the schedule knows this and sees this program for what it currently is.

Disagree. It's still Miami and everyone wants to beat Miami. I know a few guys on VT and UNC that still say Miami is the biggest game on their schedule year in and year out. No matter how bad we are it's going to be the same. It's probably even more so now because they enjoy beating Miami and knowing they can beat us.

We got VT best game of the year, we got UNCs best half of the year, we got NDs best game of the year.

Your words have Wisdom grasshopper...

No they don't. Miami isn't even a contender in this horrible division. Nobody has respect for Miami. You guys need to wake up.

Advertisement
Miami is always going to get everybody's best game just because we're the U and everyone wants to beat the U. So until we realize this as a team and embrace it, we won't win the coastal. We've got to be good enough and prepared to play good football every game of the season and it's just been too long since Miami has put a good offense, defense, and ST game all together in ACC play

The last time that comes to mind is 2014 VT when we dominated them

Nobody is playing their best game because it's Miami. Those days have passed. Plenty of teams have played half asz games against Miami and still won. Every team on the schedule knows this and sees this program for what it currently is.

Disagree. It's still Miami and everyone wants to beat Miami. I know a few guys on VT and UNC that still say Miami is the biggest game on their schedule year in and year out. No matter how bad we are it's going to be the same. It's probably even more so now because they enjoy beating Miami and knowing they can beat us.

We got VT best game of the year, we got UNCs best half of the year, we got NDs best game of the year.

Your words have Wisdom grasshopper...

No they don't. Miami isn't even a contender in this horrible division. Nobody has respect for Miami. You guys need to wake up.

It has nothing to do with respect. It's like a bully, everyone wants to beat us because we're down yet no one takes us lightly because we're still Miami. We still continue to get a lot of teams best games, we're circled on every team in the coastals schedule as the team to beat if they're going to win the coastal. That's just how it works and how it will always work because we're Miami, we'll be hyped up in the preseason to win the coastal by someone until we finally do, and teams like VT and UNC are going to keep coming all out to beat us while they can

Advertisement
The soul of this program went down with the OB

Sorry you're just now realizing it

Yeah I mean we were 5-7 that year. It was definitely the OB that was saving the program.

You act like 2007 was the first time we had a losing record in the OB lulz

There's no coming back without a soul. And the OB was our soul.

That's what you want to lulz about? I'd much rather lulz at Randy Shannon or Al Golden winning championships at Miami if and only if we had stayed at the OB. That's lulzworthy.

We averaged 47k fans in 2001, heavily weighted by our 1 sold out game that year. It was more than likely the HOF talent we had playing in the OB than the OB itself. I don't think AJ Highsmith turns into a HOF safety if he was playing in the OB instead of JRS.

Yeah I mean we were 5-7 that year. It was definitely the OB that was saving the program.

That's what you want to lulz about? I'd much rather lulz at Randy Shannon or Al Golden winning championships at Miami if and only if we had stayed at the OB. That's lulzworthy.

We averaged 47k fans in 2001, heavily weighted by our 1 sold out game that year. It was more than likely the HOF talent we had playing in the OB than the OB itself. I don't think AJ Highsmith turns into a HOF safety if he was playing in the OB instead of JRS.

Calm down big guy, not everything has to turn into a ****ing contest on here and ruin a thread.

That's just how I feel. It's ok to debate without turning into ****ed off 16 yr olds. The spirit that made us special went down with the old girl, putting the final nail in the coffin.

Now am I saying we'll never be good again? Sure, we probably will.

Will we never win a ship again? We could.

What I'm saying is that our little 1983-2003 run won't ever happen again by us. It's over.

Nobody has to agree with me, I won't be mad if you don't. Just my OPINION.

Speaking of, do we play today?

Calm down big guy, not everything has to turn into a ****ing contest on here and ruin a thread.

That's just how I feel. It's ok to debate without turning into ****ed off 16 yr olds. The spirit that made us special went down with the old girl, putting the final nail in the coffin.

What I'm saying is that our little 1983-2003 run won't ever happen again by us. It's over.

I think we can turn into a powerhouse program again and replicate what we've done before. And it won't have anything to do with the stadium we play in but will have to do with keeping the South Florida talent home. I'm sorry if offering an opinion contrary to yours violated your safe space and made you think I was trying to ruin a thread.

Advertisement

Soul? In a crumbling structure whose "soul" was so strong we got assraped and embarrassed by a mediocre Virginia team 48-0 in a fanfare-filled nationally televised last game.

This mystical nostalgia about that shīthole is humorous to me. Like children believing in fairies and unicorns.

Pedo state is back competing at a high level a lot faster than us. With all those scholarships taken away and given back to them in 3yrs

Recruit well enough like buma and get an OC to get the offense going

Pedo state is back competing at a high level a lot faster than us. With all those scholarships taken away and given back to them in 3yrs

Penn State lost to Pitt. Put us in the Big 10 and we'd be "competing at a high level" too.

Advertisement

They're the biggest fraud by far in the rankings. We'd whip them 8 times out of 10.

They're the biggest fraud by far in the rankings. We'd whip them 8 times out of 10.

We'd only lose when our QB throws like 8 picks.

Advertisement
Back