Reality has finally sunk in.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 1823
  • Start date
Lol christ this website really sucked in the bottom of the barrel from the ether.

Advertisement
Alabama was mediocre from tge early 90s to 09...

Clemson...

OSU... Before Tressel? After tressel?

UF after spurrier

Our biggest problem is we whiffed by being cheap... AND made bad hires. Other schools made bad hires but didn't suffer from frugality

College Football is fickle and cyclical. Michigan State won 13, 11 and 12 games the past three years and are now 2-7. Oregon was in the National Championship Game less than 2 years ago and will probably be looking for a new coach at the end of the month.

Now flip it around. Alabama was mediocre to average for much of the 90s and 2000s (save for one Orange Bowl appearance) before Saban got there. Clemson wanted to run off Dabo after going 6-7 his third year there, but he's won 10+ games every year since. Washington hasn't won 10 games since 2000 and they may very well be in the playoff this year - They went 7-6 last year FYI.

My point is, it's extremely difficult to sustain consistency.

PREACH!

If you think the worry about Miami never getting back is legitimate, then you're just not being realistic.

Miami's in danger of finishing unranked for the 7th straight year. If we do, Miami will have finished ranked 1 time in the last 11 seasons. It's been 10 years since we won a Bowl Game.

Other major schools have gone through droughts, but it's hard to say any were worse or as long as what Miami's going through right now.

The kids we're recruiting were 6 or 7 years old the last time Miami was really good. This board may remember the glory years, but they don't.

It's gonna be very hard for Miami to get back.

Advertisement
College Football is fickle and cyclical. Michigan State won 13, 11 and 12 games the past three years and are now 2-7. Oregon was in the National Championship Game less than 2 years ago and will probably be looking for a new coach at the end of the month.

Now flip it around. Alabama was mediocre to average for much of the 90s and 2000s (save for one Orange Bowl appearance) before Saban got there. Clemson wanted to run off Dabo after going 6-7 his third year there, but he's won 10+ games every year since. Washington hasn't won 10 games since 2000 and they may very well be in the playoff this year - They went 7-6 last year FYI.

My point is, it's extremely difficult to sustain consistency.
Oregon and Michigan State are not marquee programs. They have no recruiting base.

They had a few good years for different reasons. Oregon feasted on Kelly introducing a new offensive system to college football that no one had answers for.

Michigan State hired an excellent HC who benefited by big brother Michigan being down for so long. He also benefited from a little downturn at Ohio State and a prolonged downturn at Notre Dame. With Michigan and Ohio State being back as the bullies, and Notre Dame recruiting better, Michigan State is back to fighting for recruiting scraps.

Talk to me about marquee programs that have won multiple NCs in the modern era. All of those programs have gone in the toilet for extended periods when they hired the wrong HCs. And they turned it around quickly when they hired the right guy.

such a losing mentality

oh boo hoo kaya sucks just like he always has

it took richt 4 games to straighten the offense out up to this point because of kayaa's inability to read a simple R.P.O

get a grip people

Advertisement
Not a doubt that this program can compete at a high level again with proper investment and leadership. It doesn't help that you're looking at it from perspective emanating from 10 years of misery and terrible leadership under TrannyTroll. The program's greatest resource: proximity to the boundless athletes of South Florida, still remains.

However, this is a different, new era in college football. For the most part, big money programs rule with almost no exception. While Miami doesn't lack for resources, we're far from the Ohio State, Texas, and Alabamas of the landscape. While I can't visualize a future of endless mediocrity...I think the ceiling on the program is lower than it once was. We'll never win again like we once did, at least, not with the current realities of the sport.

I have been a fan since 1983 and have always felt that the U can be a dominate program if they have the right coaching staff in place. As I watched Duke beat UNC last night, I thought about how bad the Coastal has been the last 10+ years and how we have NEVER won it. It is mind boggling for sure but it made we wonder if the the landscape of college football recruiting has changed so much that we may never be able to get back to being a top 10 team every year. I will always love the U but I am worried that our glory days are permanently behind us. I hope coach Richt is able to right the ship in the next 2-3 years but I am starting to think that it might be an impossible task. Maybe I am just being an impatient wussy.....at least they fixed our uniforms!

:q3XKXeX:

Wussy all the way..

OP says we suck and gets slammed by the same people who say are expectations are too high.

The most talent in the country comes from Florida, specifically south Florida.

Yes, how could we ever become relevant again?

I have been a fan since 1983 and have always felt that the U can be a dominate program if they have the right coaching staff in place. As I watched Duke beat UNC last night, I thought about how bad the Coastal has been the last 10+ years and how we have NEVER won it. It is mind boggling for sure but it made we wonder if the the landscape of college football recruiting has changed so much that we may never be able to get back to being a top 10 team every year. I will always love the U but I am worried that our glory days are permanently behind us. I hope coach Richt is able to right the ship in the next 2-3 years but I am starting to think that it might be an impossible task. Maybe I am just being an impatient wussy.....at least they fixed our uniforms!

Advertisement
Miami is always going to get everybody's best game just because we're the U and everyone wants to beat the U. So until we realize this as a team and embrace it, we won't win the coastal. We've got to be good enough and prepared to play good football every game of the season and it's just been too long since Miami has put a good offense, defense, and ST game all together in ACC play

The last time that comes to mind is 2014 VT when we dominated them

Nobody is playing their best game because it's Miami. Those days have passed. Plenty of teams have played half asz games against Miami and still won. Every team on the schedule knows this and sees this program for what it currently is.

Disagree. It's still Miami and everyone wants to beat Miami. I know a few guys on VT and UNC that still say Miami is the biggest game on their schedule year in and year out. No matter how bad we are it's going to be the same. It's probably even more so now because they enjoy beating Miami and knowing they can beat us.

We got VT best game of the year, we got UNCs best half of the year, we got NDs best game of the year.

Your words have Wisdom grasshopper...

Not even a year with this new staff and THEIR recruiting classes...our fan base is full of cry babies.

Advertisement

Not even a year with this new staff and THEIR recruiting classes...our fan base is full of cry babies.

Yeah, we've only sucked for 13 years, people are so impatient.

Alot has to do with recruiting. Every school is doen here crootin. Back in the hey day very few teams came down here. Social media amd its impact on recruiting has been insane as well. Also in my opinion- the talent level in sofla is watered down compared to yeara past. Too many kids are worried about Twitter and getting recruited then actually playing ball. Times have changed and the days of us getting "Miami guys" are long gone. We don't have 5 kids that play with an edge.

I agree with almost all of that M3N.

I would also add that there has been a big explosion across the country with regards to high school strength and conditioning programs. There are elite kids coming out of every state who are ready to compete from day one. There are most certainly great athletes and apeed in S. FL, but the gap has narrowed nationwide.

Advertisement
Back