Realistically we are a 4-5 loss team

This thread doesn’t seem so far off now does it?
nailed it. people are losing it because of how the GT game went (and, like, that's very fair lol) but we never really had the horses to keep up with UNC. this team just isn't all that good yet! CBs are bad, pass rush isn't there yet, and WRs while improved are mid and not difference makers vs good teams. we knew this coming into the season and that's basically how things are. it just hurts more because of how the GT game went down, imo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We have 4 tough games Texas AM, UNC, Clemson, FSU. I am guessing we are 1-3 in these games but could possibly be 0-4. Then we always lose a game we shouldn’t so I think it’s going to be another year before we start winning big games. I think Colorado and FSU are showing college football that you need to rid your roster of JAGs and go through the portal.
Ain't Colorado 4-7?

Nonsense... this is the best first game performance that we have seen from canes Offensive and Defensive Lines in 2 decades.
We will get better. The protection from the OL itself is worth 2 to 3 more victories...
I see 2 losses at the most.

This program is built on beating teams we weren't supposed to.
That's our DNA. That's our heritage..
That's our blueprint ... embrace it !!
Lmfao

Advertisement
Here's the thing:
Football is played in the trenches and right now. Right now, today, that OL can beat any team we face.
FSU: DL is suckitude.
Clemson: weaker than yo granny
UNC: about to FAFO
UL: Don't even get me started.

So what's the deal? Running game (injuries) could derail it because if you have to drop back and pass and you do, then a RB has to pick up the blitz. An inexperienced RB will miss a blitz every time. Every time. 60% of the time.

The QB is really good. He's an NFL draft pick. I don't care which round, neither apparently did Brock Purdy (Selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the 7th round with the 262nd overall pick.)
If he gets injured, then the backup, while good, won't win a game for you when things aren't working out. FSU might be that game if it were to happen because they will be forced to blitz TVD a lot to win. Like every down blitz. the DL is that thin. IMO this is why they wanted Jackson so badly to play and asked the Fla Legislature to write a stupid bill to enable him to play this year. (Cue laughter)

Get thru those games and they are clean but they will be the weakest of the conf championship game participants just based on previous years and youth.
Injuries are the unknown factor right now. (See Kim Kinchens, All-American Safety, Univ of Miami)
Lmfao

Advertisement
Back