Realistic Targets (2015)

Lol at anyone putting a hefty amount of stock from those 1-on-1's today at the opening. Pretty lopsided match up for the DBs, especially when playing off

Advertisement
Heard it!

Is there anything on gallimore that youre hearing, or just a gut feeling?

Realistic additions to UM's DT list I would say are Gallimore, Ryslik, and Alabi.

Neville Gallimore ( I really like UM's chances with him)

David Ryslik ( visiting this week or next and should be offered on visit. He is a classic blue collar type plugger)

Joshua Alabi ( will be tough to pull him from MSU, but very doable if UM can get family on board)

Darrion Daniels ( tough pull from Texas, TTech, and OU)
http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/75200-Miami-offers-Rivals100-DT-Darrion-Daniels

Addition to the Realistic LB list would be

Ben Humphreys ( Brad Kaaya is recruiting this kid)

Go Canes

...we need to land a CB. The only one we got last year was Ryan Mayes and he wasn't very highly regarded.
None are committed yet, but any combination of 3-4 corners out of the 6-7 we are in on will help tremendously. Plus, we run at least 5 deep at CB on the current roster...Gunter/Howard/Burns/Crawford/Elder at least...and all can/will likely rotate in.

We are talking about recruiting the class of 2015, so recruits from the class of 2012 are irrelevant. Even 2013 doesn't help much. Miami will be very thin at CB in 2016 if we don't pull a few good ones now.

Exactly how I see the situation. CB is a much bigger,need than many seem to realize. Gunter is gone after this season and Tracy may declare. I think the following are very,realistic targets at need positions to round out 2015

CB:
1) Devonte Davis. I have been a huge fan of his for quite some time. The best pure CB prospect in So FL.

2) Terek Cole. Great insticts and football IQ.

3) Marcus Lewis. A CB class of these three would be epic and absolutely within reason.

Safety:

1) Jaquan Johnson. Nothing more needs to be said.

2) Tim Irvin. See above

3) Carlton Davis.

4) Shawn Burgess Becker(ATH).

LB:

1) Tevon Coney. I truly believe we can reel him in with a strong showing this year.

2) Ben Humphries. I love this kids film. Very polished from a technical standpoint. His playing style seems like a great fit for what we want do defensively. Needs to add more good weight.

3) Dominic Sheppard. Very underrated prospect that makes plays. Needs to get much stronger however.

NT/DT:

1) Nevin Gallimore. Really like his potential. I think we get him if we want him.

2) David Rysilik. Tough blue collar plugger like someone said. He's no Jerome Brown, Warren Sapp or Vince Wilfork but he doesn't need to be. We don't ask our interior DL to be playmaker. They just need the size and strength to do the dirty work.

Give me 2-3 CBs preferably 3. Add 2 Safeties, 2 LBs and 2 NT/DT types and I'm ecstatic.

It would be awesome if we could land 2/3's of those guys...but some current commits are going to have to make way, we aren't taking a class of 30. I know the numbers tend to sort themselves out and there is 0% chance that all the current commits hang around till Feb, it never happens, but there will be some casualties along the way

Advertisement
We have to drop some of the dead weight... in order to get these guys... the OL group I really dont like. We do have 3 extra schollies tho due to the departure of 2LBs and 1DE... I think we should add 2 more DTs 1DE, 2LB 2CBs and 2 Safeties... but like I said we need to drop at least 3 more kids and some underclassmen may leave the team after the season so, we may just have the space to fit these guys in...

...we need to land a CB. The only one we got last year was Ryan Mayes and he wasn't very highly regarded.
None are committed yet, but any combination of 3-4 corners out of the 6-7 we are in on will help tremendously. Plus, we run at least 5 deep at CB on the current roster...Gunter/Howard/Burns/Crawford/Elder at least...and all can/will likely rotate in.

We are talking about recruiting the class of 2015, so recruits from the class of 2012 are irrelevant. Even 2013 doesn't help much. Miami will be very thin at CB in 2016 if we don't pull a few good ones now.

Exactly how I see the situation. CB is a much bigger,need than many seem to realize. Gunter is gone after this season and Tracy may declare. I think the following are very,realistic targets at need positions to round out 2015

CB:
1) Devonte Davis. I have been a huge fan of his for quite some time. The best pure CB prospect in So FL.

2) Terek Cole. Great insticts and football IQ.

3) Marcus Lewis. A CB class of these three would be epic and absolutely within reason.

Safety:

1) Jaquan Johnson. Nothing more needs to be said.

2) Tim Irvin. See above

3) Carlton Davis.

4) Shawn Burgess Becker(ATH).

LB:

1) Tevon Coney. I truly believe we can reel him in with a strong showing this year.

2) Ben Humphries. I love this kids film. Very polished from a technical standpoint. His playing style seems like a great fit for what we want do defensively. Needs to add more good weight.

3) Dominic Sheppard. Very underrated prospect that makes plays. Needs to get much stronger however.

NT/DT:

1) Nevin Gallimore. Really like his potential. I think we get him if we want him.

2) David Rysilik. Tough blue collar plugger like someone said. He's no Jerome Brown, Warren Sapp or Vince Wilfork but he doesn't need to be. We don't ask our interior DL to be playmaker. They just need the size and strength to do the dirty work.

Give me 2-3 CBs preferably 3. Add 2 Safeties, 2 LBs and 2 NT/DT types and I'm ecstatic.
Becker should be #1 or #2 after Jaquan. Becker is stud, can play both ways.

Different perspectives. I know Gunter's gone after this year, and maybe Howard...but I think we'll end up with 3-4 CB's in this class between the likes of D. Davis/Cole/M. Lewis/C. Davis/R. Causey/R. Fenton. They just haven't committed yet, was my point. It's worrisome only because they haven't committed yet. Tie some of those guys to the likes of Irvin/Johnson/SBB at the S spot, and we're in business.

Two guys on the current roster that could end up playing some CB are Dortch and RL3, in addition to the 5 I mentioned earlier. We're OK for this year, but yes--we need CB's for this class and 2016 (which I think we'll end up getting).

Advertisement
I think we will see a lot of movement within this 2015 class. If we continue the momentum there will be guys we stop recruiting. Happens every year and every where, nature of the business.

Advertisement
I'm not in love with any of our WR commits or OL commits. I think room can be made.

OL is not miami caliber or even close. WR I really like Grossier and I think spence can play.

Yeah, but if a Gibson (as an ATH), Ridley or Peete wants in, who are you taking?

I'd take all 3 and make room. We are in no position to pass on elite talent.

I agree we have kids on our current roster who is never going to see the feild, time to make room. Especially on the OL we have kids who will fall in the depth chart each year as we continue to add studs at the OL. DE is another spot where people about to fall in the depth chart

Could see Chatman being expendable, because hes out of state, bu I could also see him blowing up this year.

See Gossier and Spence staying and I think it's almost guarantee they blow up.

Really I think plan is, we land Peete and work on Ridley which is a good chance. And Gibson as an athlete.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back