Realistic Targets (2015)

Consigliere

All-American
After 2 LBs were thrown out of school yesterday, we're going to need some more defensive players in 2015. Good news is more ships opened up.

Would this be a realistic guess of top targets for this class? Please add more.

DT (2):

Joseph Wicker,
Jeremiah Ledbetter (JUCO),
Shy Tuttle,
Joshua Alabi, and
Darrion Daniels

DE (0):

Jason Strowbridge,
Marquavius Lewis (JUCO)

LB (3):

Dominic Sheppard,
Tevon Coney,
Quarte Sapp
Jordan Fox, and
Daniel Fennell

CB (2):

Tyrek Cole,
Davante Davis,
Josh Butler,
Rashad Fenton,
Carlton Davis

S (2):

JaQuan Johnson,
Tim Irvin,
Shawn Burgess-Becker

Last edited:
Advertisement
Add Tyrek Cole to the CBs and Tim Irvin is more of a S/Nickel CB than a CB, so I would list him with Jaquan Jonson as the 2 safeties at the top of our board.

Throw in Ridley and SBB and Cole and Gibson and Peete.

If this is only for defense targets, just add SBB and Cole.

Advertisement
Farrell from TOS seems to think we have a pretty good chance of flipping Marcus Lewis

That would be big. Corner class of Cole and Lewis. Safeties of Irvin and Jaquan. Then top it off with SBB as an athlete. Just what the doctor prescribed.

Obviously Irvin plays more of a honey badger like nickel/safety role. SBB could play safety or receiver.

Think it's realistic, and can happen with a good season.

Farrell from TOS seems to think we have a pretty good chance of flipping Marcus Lewis

That would be big. Corner class of Cole and Lewis. Safeties of Irvin and Jaquan. Then top it off with SBB as an athlete. Just what the doctor prescribed.

Obviously Irvin plays more of a honey badger like nickel/safety role. SBB could play safety or receiver.

Think it's realistic, and can happen with a good season.
That would be massive.

And if we got SBB, Ridley will likely follow. Give me all of those, a DT (Preferably Wicker or Tuttle, would settle for Gallimore)...and call it a day. May have to force some other kids out of the class to make the #'s work, though.

Advertisement
Realistic additions to UM's DT list I would say are Gallimore, Ryslik, and Alabi.

Neville Gallimore ( I really like UM's chances with him)

David Ryslik ( visiting this week or next and should be offered on visit. He is a classic blue collar type plugger)

Joshua Alabi ( will be tough to pull him from MSU, but very doable if UM can get family on board)

Darrion Daniels ( tough pull from Texas, TTech, and OU)
http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/75200-Miami-offers-Rivals100-DT-Darrion-Daniels

Addition to the Realistic LB list would be

Ben Humphreys ( Brad Kaaya is recruiting this kid)

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
OP add Marquedous (sp?) Lewis

I want the kid, but we need the positions above. We have 2 DEs committed (McIntosh and Patchan) and we have 2 others who are DE/LB (Gordinier and George), I don't think we need more DEs.

I can add him to the list.

Advertisement

I want the kid, but we need the positions above. We have 2 DEs committed (McIntosh and Patchan) and we have 2 others who are DE/LB (Gordinier and George), I don't think we need more DEs.

I agree we are loaded at DE but Jason Strowbridge is a take somehow based on the versatility he brings.

Go Canes

I would think Lewis is a pretty high priority. He would be an immediate starter at our 3-4 DE spot. We lose both starters, Pierre and Chick, and don't have a lot of guys on the roster that can fill that spot.

I'm still curious what we are going to do with the million DE/LB guys we have now.

Once Pierre and Chick leave who do we have next year to play 3-4 DE besides Kamalu and Jelani Hamilton?

Behind them will be freshmen.

Advertisement
Back