Realistic Step if Donofrio is let go

I personally have a hard time conceiving of Golden firing Dono and it would be laughable to see him try to explain it. He spent years trying to convert us to a multiple 3-4 team and telling the fanbase to be patient. He finally got us there system-wise, we finally showed some modicum of improvement, and then he FIRES THE COORDINATOR? He fires the coordinator whose unit showed substantial improvement while the team went backward. How does that make any sense? This would be a true instance of scapegoating far more than the firings of guys like Kehoe, Soldy, Werner, and Whipple all of which could be easily justified at the time. It would honestly be comical to watch Golden try to conduct a press conference that puts together (1) how he's still here, (2) why he kept Dono until now, and (3) why he decided to fire him when we finally got better.

Advertisement
I personally have a hard time conceiving of Golden firing Dono and it would be laughable to see him try to explain it. He spent years trying to convert us to a multiple 3-4 team and telling the fanbase to be patient. He finally got us there system-wise, we finally showed some modicum of improvement, and then he FIRES THE COORDINATOR? He fires the coordinator whose unit showed substantial improvement while the team went backward. How does that make any sense? This would be a true instance of scapegoating far more than the firings of guys like Kehoe, Soldy, Werner, and Whipple all of which could be easily justified at the time. It would honestly be comical to watch Golden try to conduct a press conference that puts together (1) how he's still here, (2) why he kept Dono until now, and (3) why he decided to fire him when we finally got better.

I agree. I think it makes no sense to fire Donofrio and Al knows he can't justify it.

If he does fire him, he will look dumber than he does now.

I think Jim Leavitt is a realistic option. The guy completely built the usf program and had them in the top 5 at one point i remember. Guy can recruit, hes been in the 3-4 system with the 49ers for a few years, and hes a hard nosed greg schiano type that would get the most out of his players. He and Golden have some sort of connection ive read multiple times that he told kirby when he was searching for head coaches that golden was the guy. Especially if Harbaugh takes another job the dude could be looking for somewhere to coach.

I think his only hope is to find dorito another job, and fast. We learned that Al begged Temple to take a look at dorito for their head coaching spot last year. We also know that Al nominated dorito for the Broyles Award. IT seems clear to me that golden is trying to find a PR exit for the situation you noted above.

Advertisement
Y'all crazy if you think Goldens parting from his ****toy... I can't believe this is even a topic of conversation.

What if golden fires himself and hires nick saban instead? That's as plausible as firing dorito.

What's the matter with Orgeron? Took over last year for an underachieving team (3-2) & went 7-2 down the stretch... He went 2-2
against Top 25 opponents.. More then I can say for our Head Coach or Defensive Coordinator...

I don't get why people are so enamored with Orgeron as a DC. That is something he's NEVER done before. He was always a DL coach (and had a failed stint as HC).

We are a team that constantly gets out-coached because we lack savvy football minds and you all want to bring in a DC who's biggest strength is recruiting? GTFOH

Bring in coach O as a DL coach and I'm all aboard. But I don't get those that want him as DC

Advertisement
Back