Realistic Step if Donofrio is let go

grogz26

Junior
Banned
I know everyone will attempt to throw out unrealistic names as a new Defensive Coordinator but I heard Ed Orgeron is still unemployed....great recruiter and after Kiffin was fired last year did a real nice job with that USC team....just an idea

I know everyone wants Golden gone but according to Sports Buzz last week James will retain him...

Advertisement
good luck getting someone worth a ****. No way will they want to waste a season on a head coach that has one foot out the door. Ed Orgeron may be the best option bc he's older and he prob just needs a job.

Advertisement
If that's the realistic next step, then just go ahead and shut the program down. Firing assistants will just be wasting everyone's time and money. Those that still care twelve months from now will be here wondering why it didn't work. I'll be laughing at those people.

Advertisement
Assuming a change is made:

Who is going to want the job? These are bad circumstances to be hiring a DC. Everyone knows AG is going to get fired the following year. Whoever comes in needs to double as an assistant HC, acting as a HC in waiting. Anyone worth a **** will know that they'll probably be a casualty in a major program overhaul. This is stupid. The administration is flaking. This will just serve as a bandaid while time continues to tick on AG's contract. I hope people see through this.

Advertisement
Ellis Johnson (Aub DC) is looking for work now. He was let go a few min. ago. Would be a huge upgrade over NoD. Of course, my grandma prolly could do just as good as NoD.

Does anyone really want a DC who is willing to come onto this lame duck staff?

only way I could get somewhat excited is if Gorlden brought in a guy like Schinao to run the defense but that won't ever happen. Gorlden needs to go. ******* corch

I don't get why people are so enamored with Orgeron as a DC. That is something he's NEVER done before. He was always a DL coach (and had a failed stint as HC).

We are a team that constantly gets out-coached because we lack savvy football minds and you all want to bring in a DC who's biggest strength is recruiting? GTFOH

Bring in coach O as a DL coach and I'm all aboard. But I don't get those that want him as DC

Advertisement
I don't get why people are so enamored with Orgeron as a DC. That is something he's NEVER done before. He was always a DL coach (and had a failed stint as HC).

We are a team that constantly gets out-coached because we lack savvy football minds and you all want to bring in a DC who's biggest strength is recruiting? GTFOH

Bring in coach O as a DL coach and I'm all aboard. But I don't get those that want him as DC

give me Schiano to run the D. Gorlden would never do it becAuse Greg would take his job mid season.

Golden nominated him for the BROYLES ******* AWARD. He ain't gonna fire him!!!

LOCK THIS DUMB *** THREAD

Advertisement
Back