Realistic Step if Donofrio is let go

Advertisement
Since people can't understand hypotheticals, and the unfortunate reality that golden isn't being fired, I'd guess he'd still look for someone in his tree - which makes me want to vomit. Maybe he'd go for Tenuta. It may be a lateral move for him but London's seat is hotter so perhaps he'd be willing to take the job.

I don't see him going for anyone not running or experience running a 34. But honestly, this is all depressing because he should not be given the "last chance" of scapegoating his staff after the constant downward spiraling disasters that have been the end of each season. I wish we had an admin with balls and vision. **** it it sucks being a cane right now.

OP
Here's my "realistic overview" of your question:

Anyone considering this job has to look at it as a one year gig. Not sure what that would be worth in the market. There's a few guys who are unemployed, likely for a reason (Al Groh, Ed Orgeron, etc.) Those guys are older doritos with better networking skills.

If you want a name for message board fodder (in an effort to distract from the inevitable need for a head coaching change) - Jim Leavitt. Currently the linebackers coach for the 49ers. Harbaugh could be heading to Ann Arbor after the season. He might be looking for work. Guy can coach and recruit.

we cant out bid Michigan that is for sure for Harbaugh

Yeah because canning No D will fix our deplorable special teams, horrible penalty issues and fix all the attrition and missed recruits. #firedF.A.G........now

He needs to hire Jim leavitt and keep his ******* hands off the defense. Well he should be fired.

Advertisement
good luck getting someone worth a ****. No way will they want to waste a season on a head coach that has one foot out the door. Ed Orgeron may be the best option bc he's older and he prob just needs a job.

Totally agree. Similar to Coker when he fired half the staff before his last year. Had to settle for Rich Olson as OC. No way Golden brings in anyone who can make a difference. Best to let him keep the present staff and after we finish 4-8 next year the whole bunch will be gone.

no coordinator is going to come here that is worth a **** knowing Al is one leg out the door.

Advertisement
I've been saying Jim Leavitt since 2012. Could still run a 3-4 like the 49ers (he is lb coach there now) but actually put some emphasis on teaching our guys how to play LB and just imagine Chad Thomas or AQM or Mccord in the roll of Aldon Smith...

Here's a little tip for the football illiterate: When you suck in all 3 phases and manage to lose 6 games despite improving the defense from 80th to 15th, it's the HC that is the problem.

Here's a little tip for the football illiterate: When you suck in all 3 phases and manage to lose 6 games despite improving the defense from 80th to 15th, it's the HC that is the problem.

Here's a tip to those with little to no reading comprehension skills: the premise of this thread is probable DC hires assuming our ball-less admin cannot fire the buffoon HC. No one here is arguing that AG is not the problem.

Not disagreeing...just saying that if I had to bet money I would say they won't fire AG when we won't have a new Prez til after NSD

Advertisement
Orgeron has also been an interim head coach something we may need by game 5 next year. He will keep the players motivated and should improve recruiting. He and Carroll would be unstoppable in the recruiting game and they know eachother from time at USC. His track record of producing ELITE DTs speaks for itself. Coach O will instill some serious attitude on D. His X's and O's are shaky at best

Here's a tip to those with little to no reading comprehension skills: the premise of this thread is probable DC hires assuming our ball-less admin cannot fire the buffoon HC. No one here is arguing that AG is not the problem.
Here's a tip for morons who entertain useless hypotheticals: Go find something worthwhile to do to exercise your atrophied pea brain.

Here's a tip for morons who entertain useless hypotheticals: Go find something worthwhile to do to exercise your atrophied pea brain.

Cool man...

Advertisement
How does that even happen. If I remember correctly we had the top rusher in the ACC, top passer in the ACC, Dorsett had nice numbers, defensive rank improved significantly and somehow we lost 6 games? How is that even possible.

How does that even happen. If I remember correctly we had the top rusher in the ACC, top passer in the ACC, Dorsett had nice numbers, defensive rank improved significantly and somehow we lost 6 games? How is that even possible.
Because most of our offensive stats were piled up in the first half of games. Once opponents adjusted our incredible staff failed to, and thus we got owned in the second half of most games, even ones we won.

Advertisement
Back