REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
Interesting topic TF

Let's say just for discussion's sake we're talking about a random Saturday in September.

The "Big 3" is all doing well and so are their opponents for that week's game -- none of which are decided until the last couple minutes.

7:30: Alabama vs Florida (CBS)

7:30: Ohio State vs Florida State (FOX)

7:30: Notre Dame vs Miami (ABC)

How do those TV ratings shake out for:

Dade/Broward/Palm Beach?

The state of Florida?

Nationally?

That's a very interesting hypothetical. Obviously rankings would come into play even if this was in September. Assuming everyone is a top 10 team and undefeated I like us in that spot nationally especially with Notre Dame (not sure locally). The one that is more tough for me are the remaining two as Ohio State does draw monster ratings but for some reason I think ABC and CBS generally gets more eyeballs than Fox for college football so I might give the edge to Baga if they're still winning championships during this hypothetical timeframe.

SEC is 1939 Germany right now. Their broken promises and blitzkrieg are taking the rest of the world by surprise. All the other conferences can wake up, band together, and immediately stop the SEC in its tracks by forming a new football association that excludes the SEC, or everyone can sit on their hands and wait for a racist organization to sweep the continent .
This could be the worst analogy I have ever heard

Advertisement
And this makes so much sense, especially since in CBB there’s a good partnership between both conferences. It’s called the ACC vs Big 10 Challenge. It would make sense we would partner in someway in CFB, as well.
Yep... total low hanging fruit here. It actually sounds like the other conferences may be patient. Who knows if that is a front. But if they are, then use that as an intermediate step to test the waters. If it really takes off, then combine. If not, then go separate ways.

Every decision they make is about their bottom line. Will Miami bring in the doe or not. Texas is just as big of a sleeping giant as Miami and they got voted in unanimously.
Seems like South Florida blue chips are more prevalent on these Bama rosters than Texas but I could be wrong on that

We'll need a helping hand from ESPN to get an SEC invite and belong to a conference with both UF and FSU, each of which are key elements to any realistic chance of competing successfully in the increasingly money-driven world of athletics.

Why would the four-letter network help UM?

Because ESPN cares most of all about $$$$ and "Miami" and "The Canes" is/are still a national brand in the College Football world despite nearly two decades of horrible leadership and brand mismanagement.

With conference realignment moving full speed ahead, it would be great to put our best foot forward and finish the season with our first Top 10 ranking since 2003 and first ACC championship ever.
We had a chance at the SEC in 91 and went with the Big East instead

Advertisement
I’d wager many of the BOT wouldn’t care, and dropping down to a G5 conference would suit them just fine.

Conference USA? AAC?
Yes, as long as tomato man gets his son to keep his HC job and the SWJs get a free reign to cut the balls off men's sports, they don't care which conference we are in..

We had a chance at the SEC in 91 and went with the Big East instead
Spot on according to a retrospective in the Jacksonville paper a few years ago.

SEC was determined to add two teams.

Texas and Texas A&M couldn't leave the Southwest Conference (RIP) due to Lone Star State politics

Arkansas was glad to get away from all those Texas schools and took the 11th spot.

Florida State had the 12th spot locked up, but the ACC did a much better job of making FSU's decision-makers feel wanted and Bobby Bowden saw an easier path to success than in the SEC.

Sam Jankovich was worried how Miami would fit in the SEC as a smallish private school and thought the Big East was more suitable as many UM students came from the Northeast.

So South Carolina ended up with the last spot.

Last edited:
Now that the SEC has said OU and UT will play in 2025, has anyone formally announced who they will play until then? If the Big 12 wanted to inflict pain, it could declare that Both schpools have forfeited all games in all sports starting today. It’s schools could then reach out for replacement games and the Big 12 could list UT and OU as 0-8 (or the like) in all of its standings…….

Advertisement
Also remember, more recently we hired Radio after a national search while Bama waited a few weeks and hired Saban right from our backyard after Dolphins fired him..

....that's how to kill a legendary program dead
Bama big ****ed the Phins and took him. He wasn't fired. CFB was completely changed because of it too.

"I will not be the Alabama head coach."

Now that the SEC has said OU and UT will play in 2025, has anyone formally announced who they will play until then? If the Big 12 wanted to inflict pain, it could declare that Both schpools have forfeited all games in all sports starting today. It’s schools could then reach out for replacement games and the Big 12 could list UT and OU as 0-8 (or the like) in all of its standings…….

I saw today that the reason why they are staying till 2025 is to honor schedules. If the big 12 kicked them out - the SEC would make it work.

I still think at this point - the best and only choice is to have a 40-50 team league and have relegation with the bottom 10 or so teams. It is an excellent model and I’m not a soccer nut. Would mirror the portal and NIL ideology as far as transfers and also recruiting. (If a guy balls out at Michigan Tech - he’d have suitors at the next level. It basically is 8/10 already there.

Bama big ****ed the Phins and took him. He wasn't fired. CFB was completely changed because of it too.

"I will not be the Alabama head coach."

Probably the best hire in college football of all time...
Brought back a perennial underachieving loser team to one of best runs in any sport

Advertisement
SEC doesn't want Miami for one simple reason. They don't want to give up South Florida recruiting ground. They let Miami in and the state of Miami is reestablished. No 5 star would leave the area if they can play in the SEC at home.
This is honestly laughable. In S FL there are MAYBE five 4/5* guys that go SEC each year. It’s pretty much the same as would leave during our heyday.

Do you really think if adding Miami meant $3-5M more a year per school that recruiting would ever come into the conversation?

This might be of interest. College football rider and the athletic list of these as the most important football programs in the country that would be part of any super league:

Alabama
Auburn
Clemson
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Iowa
LSU
Miami
Michigan
Michigan State
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Oregon
Penn State
Tennessee
Texas
Texas A&M
USC
Virginia Tech
Washington
Wisconsin

Gotta think the Big XII officials will give every close call to whoever Texas and Oklahoma play. Anything close or judgement…. Goes against the Longhorns and Sooners.

Advertisement
Back