REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

I am wondering if the SEC may not be that enamored with Miami because if we did join it seems our top local recruits who they raid periodically who want to play against the best (arguably the SEC) could stay home instead of going to Georgia, Bama, etc. The conference revenue would also help bolster our finances to upgrade coaching and facilities, etc. They really want to awaken and feed the giant?
Every decision they make is about their bottom line. Will Miami bring in the doe or not. Texas is just as big of a sleeping giant as Miami and they got voted in unanimously.

Advertisement
I am wondering if the SEC may not be that enamored with Miami because if we did join it seems our top local recruits who they raid periodically who want to play against the best (arguably the SEC) could stay home instead of going to Georgia, Bama, etc.
No doubt about it, especially UF and FSU who'd frame their programs to recruits as the best spots to "stay home" but also play (and prepare for the NFL) in the best and most high-profile conference in college football.

if FSU and Clemson bail out is check mate for us. the acc better go big and poach PSU and ND Or go the f home

The silver lining is that if the rug gets pulled out from under Miami and the ACC collapses, maybe the BOT will finally wake the f#ck up and realize that Blake James is a ding dong who isn't even qualified to be a lifeguard at UM, let alone the AD.

Advertisement
Seems our rival Florida State has found itself a new partner ...

"I just want us to be prepared. My point to (FSU athletic director) David Coburn and to (new ACC commissioner) Jim Phillips is I don’t want Florida State to be left behind. I consider us part of the ACC, but I also know that we have a marquee name, Clemson has a marquee name. I think there might be people coming after us, I don’t know, but we’ve got to be prepared no matter what the options are ... The Oklahoma, Texas thing, in my opinion, is the tip of the iceberg. It's there, but it's certainly going to be much broader than that when it's said and done."

-- FSU president John Thrasher, Tallahassee Democrat, 7/29/21

Just like Oklahoma and Texas, it's become mutually beneficial for Clemson and FSU to be joined at the hip — and that's the messaging already being fed to the media

Think once they do get their SEC invite, the Noles will do anything other than conspire with the Gators to make sure the Canes don't get in the SEC, too??

"The SEC doesn't need THREE schools from Florida"

"Miami is a small private institution that plays in an NFL stadium it rarely fills"

"The culture in South Florida is nothing at all like Gainesville, Tallahassee, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Athens ... "

Hope to God people with a lot more brains and passion than Blake James are working day and night to make we're not left dazed and confused in a pile of rubble when the ACC inevitably crumbles.
Compare those quotes with those from

1627665576543.png

I am wondering if the SEC may not be that enamored with Miami because if we did join it seems our top local recruits who they raid periodically who want to play against the best (arguably the SEC) could stay home instead of going to Georgia, Bama, etc. The conference revenue would also help bolster our finances to upgrade coaching and facilities, etc. They really want to awaken and feed the giant?

Miami is a bigger brand than FSU and Clemson could ever wish to be. The problem is we've put out a mediocre product since arriving in the ACC so there's no real incentive to bring the school onboard. Had Miami had even a handful of 11 win seasons, couple of ACCCG appearances (a couple titles), and a national championship appearance the SEC would definitely take Miami over FSU or even Clemson.

Advertisement
We'll need a helping hand from ESPN to get an SEC invite and belong to a conference with both UF and FSU, each of which are key elements to any realistic chance of competing successfully in the increasingly money-driven world of athletics.

Why would the four-letter network help UM?

Because ESPN cares most of all about $$$$ and "Miami" and "The Canes" is/are still a national brand in the College Football world despite nearly two decades of horrible leadership and brand mismanagement.

With conference realignment moving full speed ahead, it would be great to put our best foot forward and finish the season with our first Top 10 ranking since 2003 and first ACC championship ever.

Advertisement
SEC doesn't want Miami for one simple reason. They don't want to give up South Florida recruiting ground. They let Miami in and the state of Miami is reestablished. No 5 star would leave the area if they can play in the SEC at home.
I think that's oversimplifying it. A top ranked Miami running the SEC would mean more money and ratings for Miami and the SEC. Plus weekly premiere matchups of Miami vs UGA, Miami vs Texas/OU, Auburn etc would be humongous for a 20 team SEC.

Let's say we have Miami, UiF, FSU and a reasonable team of your choice all ranked 1-4 but in no particular order.

Let's say UiF and FSU are playing the same Saturday as Miami vs Team X.

Which game is getting higher ratings if put up against each other on network TV?

My money is almost certainly on our game in almost every rational scenario.

Let's say we have Miami, UiF, FSU and a reasonable team of your choice all ranked 1-4 but in no particular order.

Let's say UiF and FSU are playing the same Saturday as Miami vs Team X.

Which game is getting higher ratings if put up against each other on network TV?

My money is almost certainly on our game in almost every rational scenario.
Interesting topic TF

Let's say just for discussion's sake we're talking about a random Saturday in September.

7:30: Alabama vs Florida (CBS)

7:30: Ohio State vs Florida State (FOX)

7:30: Notre Dame vs Miami (ABC)

The "Big 3" are all doing well and so are their opponents for that week's game, All three go down to the wire to keep the viewers watching.

How do those TV ratings shake out for:

Dade/Broward/Palm Beach?

The state of Florida?

Nationally?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The silver lining is that if the rug gets pulled out from under Miami and the ACC collapses, maybe the BOT will finally wake the f#ck up and realize that Blake James is a ding dong who isn't even qualified to be a lifeguard at UM, let alone the AD.
I’d wager many of the BOT wouldn’t care, and dropping down to a G5 conference would suit them just fine.

Conference USA? AAC?

I said on Friday that the ACC needed to do a strategic partnership with the Big 10 and be aggressive in doing so. Granted we don’t know what happened behind closed doors, maybe the ACC is moving in silence, but that’s an obvious move for them to make.

And this makes so much sense, especially since in CBB there’s a good partnership between both conferences. It’s called the ACC vs Big 10 Challenge. It would make sense we would partner in someway in CFB, as well.

Advertisement
Back