REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
So the big whale out there for us is Notre Dame. Give a national program with few equals in national exposure and following. So who is team 2 to get us to 16. What about adding Navy from the AAC. It’s a natural rival for ND and with help them play the 3 main teams they play every year. The other 2 being Stanford and USC. Thoughts. They are not a national powerhouse, but would it help get ND on board?
If the ACC (+ND) and PAC 10 merged, East and West divisions, you’d have 3/4th of the vaue of media markets in the U.S.

They could call it the ‘actual college students playing football’ conference.

Last edited:
ACC would need to add whatever 6 teams they can to stay in the competition if the Big 12 disbands. Remember that the bigger TV contracts that the SEC and Big 10 have means they get first dibs on what teams they select, and that the PAC 10 will get theirs as well. We don't want UCF or USF in the ACC, although it may not be our choice. Doubt Miami would get an invite to the SEC, but that may be a possibility because A&M is against Texas to the SEC just like UF is against Miami to the SEC. yet it is still a possibility. If the SEC is looking to expand to 20 then Miami, FSU, Clemson and others are viable options from the ACC to the SEC, on top of OU and Texas. Highly doubt the SEC can snag any Big 10 teams because their TV contract is on par with the SEC.

The ACC and PAC 10 will be fighting for the scraps that the SEC and Big 10 don't take. Big 10 may even snatch ND unless they continue to stay independent. Beggars can't be choosers. Whoever is left from:

ND
WVU
OSU
Houston
SMU
TCU
Iowa St
Cinncinati
UConn
Memphis
ECU
Temple
Kansas
Kansas St
Baylor
etc

It's a decent program, but the big 12 has been on life support for years, they only have 10 teams and you need 12 teams for a conference championship game. If they were two decent schools available, they would have taken them by now. Houston can't go to bid despite begging for one

Houston was all set to join the Big12 but Texas killed it because they didn't want competition in the Houston market. The books weren't open for the big10 or SEC.

If the ACC (+ND) and PAC 10 merged, East and West divisions, you’d have 3/4thof the media markets in the U.S.

They could call it the ‘actual college students playing football’ conference.

I think you could take it a step further and the new mega conference should set up its own national championship, then relentlessly mock the SEC as having functionally illiterate paid players who are no longer amateurs. The AFL and NFL once existed separately, the ABA and the NBA were separate, and the American League and National League were totally separate. I would keep the "actual students playing football league" separate. Let Bama win its semi-pro championship every year, the ASPFL would actually have some real competition and be fun to watch again.

Advertisement
If UT and OK leave the Big12, it's finished. ACC, Pac12, Big10 will take some of the leftovers to get to 16 to mirror the SEC (unless they go bigger then everyone else follows suit).

With the 12 team playoff, I don't see the incentive for ND to join a conference unless the conferences start playing 9-10 conference games leaving ND struggling to fill a legitimate schedule. The goal for most teams is to get to 10-2, 9-3 and hope to sneak in the playoff. Why bother scheduling a difficult OOC game when you'll theoretically have a good schedule already?

I keep going back and forth as to what the ACC should do if they can't get ND. WVU and Ok State makes sense as they wont have a home and they are respectable P5 teams. If we go to 20, pick up Houston and Cincy as they'll be competitive in the ACC and get you into new markets. Hard no on USF & UCF. They bring no value from a football or market perspective.
Yea. The only “value” of USF and UCF, is cheap travel for us and FSU. That’s not gonna cut it.

The only two teams that make any sense are ND and Kentucky. Kentucky is good enough to compete in football and baseball, and basketball could really take off playing Duke, UNC, and Louisville trice a year as conference rivals.

BS. They used to play Army every year too, back in the day.

Do your research.

If you did you'd know why one has NOTHING to do with the other. ND doesn't owe Army squat in total contrast to their relationship with Navy

The ND Navy annual game is and will always stay solid.

Advertisement
Why not create the Coastal Conference of the top 8 ACC teams and the top 8 from the PAC? Who cares about the fly-over states anyway…….
For football only and only big schools that say **** the need for near campus revenue?

State college, Gainesville, College Station may actually not want games being played away from those small university towns vs Miami playing off campus

Skyline chili is the worst tasting shlt I have ever had. Some people swear by it, I just don’t get it. Looks like diarrhea, taste like what I imagine diarrhea would taste like
Diarrhea....with a touch of cinnamon.

It's seriously the worst city-specific food in this country by a country mile. They somehow franchised outside of Ohio and there was a spot in Lauderdale. It closed and is becoming a Jiffy Lube. I view Jiffy Lube as a clear culinary upgrade.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Texas and OU are SEC-bound. Almost a done deal.

In my fantasy CFB realignment, the ACC convinces ND to join for football and poaches Penn State from the BIG10.

Thing is, unless you can name one,...there's just literally no reason or incentive for Notre Dame to join a more-restrictive conference format.

They can get their own broadcasting deals w/TV networks to be on every week. They get to play virtually anyone and everyone as OOC opponents.

If and when they have this 12 game playoff format, they have even less of an incentive at that point, given the BCS deals they've had in the past.

Only teams having no room for OOC games could force them to do something (e.g.,...all teams starting their conference games AFTER a mini nonconference schedule year after year).

They'd be doing it at this point specifically to solidify the ACC conference,...that could then see a team jump to the SEC. So why do that instead of waiting for the College football world to explode? They're in a pretty comfortable spot in all this chaos.

Which is why I say go to a pod format with 1 more team and include them in the 16.

Gotta be OSU and PSU.. or PSU and meat chicken because academics still mattter to most big 10 schools.

Oklahoma still won't win **** and neither will Texas. Now once Saban retires in 3 years the SEC will go back to mediocre football and Bama will fall back down.

Advertisement
Back