REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
Maybe us going independent will get the higher ups off their azzes and actually try to win and cheat.
You realize that by doing independent, we would be dooming ourselves, right? It's almost like you haven't been paying attention to the last 30+ years of collegiate athletics, and the fact that there are few independents left for a reason. You can't survive that way, unless you are Notre Dame and even they are going to be forced into a conference, due to the fact that they won't be able to have anyone to play once these super conferences take root.

I'm just curious, do you think that being independent had a major role in our rise? Or was it a unique happenstance(Making 4 good/great coaching hires in a row within a 25 year span) that really made the difference?

You realize that by doing independent, we would be dooming ourselves, right? It's almost like you haven't been paying attention to the last 30+ years of collegiate athletics, and the fact that there are few independents left for a reason. You can't survive that way, unless you are Notre Dame and even they are going to be forced into a conference, due to the fact that they won't be able to have anyone to play once these super conferences take root.

I'm just curious, do you think that being independent had a major role in our rise? Or was it a unique happenstance(Making 4 good/great coaching hires in a row within a 25 year span) that really made the difference?
Yea your probably right. With how big cfb is we would be crushed cause we have puzziez in control literally. Tbh we are who we are and it's super tough to accept it. We get some guys but we will possibly always be middle of the road cfb team with some occasional good seasons. We may have good seasons like a UCF or UNC then get pushed back then rebuild again then drop rebuild again. That's just who we have been and it's probably who we are in this new era.

Tbh I think what made us was playing the bag game. We were willing to do what we wanted cause we played the game. Now we want to be the good guys or even if we cheat (which all teams do) we can't flex like the big boys. Kids chase money in our society everyone does....they r taught chase money and the highest bidder always wins 95% of the time.

SEC isnt dumb they know Miami would be a good pull... our games always pull big time tv ratings.

Plus it puts a 2nd solid top rated private school in their conference
The problem is that the SEC would get everything and the Program would be basically a nicer version of Vanderbilt. Guess what? Vanderbilt is extremely similar to Miami, a small private school that is hampered in the SEC because of academic standards, being in a major city and having a small donor/alumni base. I'm convinced a lot of our "Fans" just want things, without putting thought into them. Miami has to hope that the ACC adds teams, becomes a Super Conference in its own right. That's the only rational way Miami is able to stay in this hunt. Moving to the Big Ten makes zero sense geographically and in regards to fan interest. Moving to the Big XII is a nonstarter, that league is most likely done. The Pac 12 is a nonstarter as well.

Advertisement
Yea your probably right. With how big cfb is we would be crushed cause we have puzziez in control literally. Tbh we are who we are and it's super tough to accept it. We get some guys but we will possibly always be middle of the road cfb team with some occasional good seasons. We may have good seasons like a UCF or UNC then get pushed back then rebuild again then drop rebuild again. That's just who we have been and it's probably who we are in this new era.

Going independent means we would have to have some deal like ND got and you know it wont happen...

The problem is that the SEC would get everything and the Program would be basically a nicer version of Vanderbilt. Guess what? Vanderbilt is extremely similar to Miami, a small private school that is hampered in the SEC because of academic standards, being in a major city and having a small donor/alumni base. I'm convinced a lot of our "Fans" just want things, without putting thought into them. Miami has to hope that the ACC adds teams, becomes a Super Conference in its own right. That's the only rational way Miami is able to stay in this hunt. Moving to the Big Ten makes zero sense geographically and in regards to fan interest. Moving to the Big XII is a nonstarter, that league is most likely done. The Pac 12 is a nonstarter as well.

I agree with that. I would hope the ACC goes after schools and makes ourselves a super conference

Miami is just fuqed...we get into a conference we will be Vandy and get crushed. We and alot of us including me need to realize we are who we are....we need to stop pretending it's 20 plus years already. I have tiny hope but I have to be drunk when I do have hope.

Advertisement
It's not about having "puzzies" in charge, it's about economic and political realities. This is the part people like yourself refuse to admit. Miami would love to be able to do the same sketchy crap everyone else does, provided there are people with deep enough pockets to do it. The problem is that the MOMENT Miami even considers that, that's the end of the program. Look at SMU. They **** near tried to do that with this program.

This fanbase wants to be Alabama, they just want the small alumni base to pay for it, to do all of the heavy lifting. Guess what? That isn't happening, nor should it. You want to run with the big dogs? Spend some money on the program, help us overcome the fact that there aren't 250000 living UMiami alumni, like there are for Alabama, UTexas and Penn State....

It's not about having "puzzies" in charge, it's about economic and political realities. This is the part people like yourself refuse to admit. Miami would love to be able to do the same sketchy crap everyone else does, provided there are people with deep enough pockets to do it. The problem is that the MOMENT Miami even considers that, that's the end of the program. Look at SMU. They **** near tried to do that with this program.

This fanbase wants to be Alabama, they just want the small alumni base to pay for it, to do all of the heavy lifting. Guess what? That isn't happening, nor should it. You want to run with the big dogs? Spend some money on the program, help us overcome the fact that there aren't 250000 living UMiami alumni, like there are for Alabama, UTexas and Penn State....
Can't argue against this man ....u right

Advertisement
Advertisement
So now we're Vandy lmao yall kill me

The old clichés of "inner strength" that names like ours have are just that -- old, compared to how fast things are changing in CFB. We're not Vandy,...but everyone here's probably itching to be Alabama again.

Exactly no one would be obligated to schedule us. We would be scurrying around the country looking for games ..
It goes beyond the schedule. That doesn’t include the loss of the crazy amount of guaranteed income generated by the ACC (which I hate).

Advertisement
Back