REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
Ok, makes cents. Three schools would have to vote against it to kill it. TA&M, Missouri maybe, and _________.

Interesting. But Canedog don’t like nun of this super conference mess.
Im pretty sure it came from same article I responded to Rell about.

But it was the one take that made the most sense to me of all this.

Right on. The article/post I read made it seem more imminent and saying OU/UT was ready to pay whatever to get out. **** scares me if it can happen that fast.

Yeah man;

Imma be honest, w/ all ya’ll…I really don’t like the direction CFB is going, man. Even in our down yrs, I could sit back & watch CFB all day. The NCAA has provided zero leadership at all, and that’s b/c Emmert is a str8 stooge. These conferences r acting like independent conglomerates. I read that if this happens, the ACC, B1G, and Pac-12 might get to together to figure out how to compete w/ the SEC & maybe go in together on a super TV deal. It was in a ESPN article. Basically like we’ve all said here, The B12, a once prominent conference will essentially become like a G5…its value will be completely diminished. That’s wild.

totally, it's more money and that typically means more power. But the SEC (and the top of the sport at large) is at the threshold of diminishing returns.

What does more money do for Bama? Nothing. What does it do for UGA? Maybe -- maybe -- remove every last excuse for not winning the ship? The SEC is now competing almost exclusively with itself, there's nowhere else to go or grow. Now they have another juggernaut in OU they have to fight off, and a sleeping giant they have to keep snoozing in UT. More money doesn't equate to greater opportunity, imo.

Yep. In the end, it’s just more money. And more power. Also, the SEC has developed a weird cult among themselves. The last time I was around a bunch of them was at the Miami versus LSU game in Dallas. You should’ve heard those people talking, they were talking more about SEC SEC almost than they were talking about LSU after the game. It’s that real and that weird.

But…again, who doesn’t want more money. They will take it.

Advertisement
There will be a negotiation to reduce the buyout and leave early. Big 12 knowing their days are all but done will be willing to negotiate to get something out of it rather than wait until 2025 and get nothing.

The SEC has:

Oklahoma - blue blood
Texas - blue blood
Alabama - blue blood
Arkansas - average
Auburn - blue blood
The SEC has:

Oklahoma - blue blood
Texas - blue blood
Alabama - blue blood
Arkansas - average
Auburn - blue blood
Florida - blue blood
Georgia - blue blood
Kentucky - garbage
LSU - blue blood
Mississippi State - garbage
Missouri - average
Ole Miss - average
South Carolina - average
Tennessee - blue blood
Texas A&M - blue blood
Vanderbildt - lol

Everybody else needs to blow up the ACC, the Big 10, and the PAC, and form a similar 16 team league:

Miami - blue blood
Florida State - blue blood
Clemson - blue blood
North Carolina - average
Virginia Tech - average
Michigan - blue blood
Nebraska - blue blood
Ohio State - blue blood
Penn State - blue blood
Wisconsin - average
USCw - blue blood
UCLA - average
Oregon - average
Washington - average
Arizona - average
Notre Dame - blue blood

That would make two balanced leagues, 32 teams total. Then you have your 4 pod system, so Miami would be in a 'pod' with FSU, Clemson, UNC, Va Tech... and you have the pods play each other in a league playoff, and the SEC champion plays the new league champion in a college football superbowl deal.

That's really the only way to bring balance. Otherwise it's the SEC and everyone who isn't SEC. And that will kill college football over time.

Florida - blue blood
Georgia - blue blood
Kentucky - garbage
LSU - blue blood
Mississippi State - garbage
Missouri - average
Ole Miss - average
South Carolina - average
Tennessee - blue blood
Texas A&M - blue blood
Vanderbildt - lol

Everybody else needs to blow up the ACC, the Big 10, and the PAC, and form a similar 16 team league:

Miami - blue blood
Florida State - blue blood
Clemson - blue blood
North Carolina - average
Virginia Tech - average
Michigan - blue blood
Nebraska - blue blood
Ohio State - blue blood
Penn State - blue blood
Wisconsin - average
USCw - blue blood
UCLA - average
Oregon - average
Washington - average
Arizona - average
Notre Dame - blue blood

That would make two balanced leagues, 32 teams total. Then you have your 4 pod system, so Miami would be in a 'pod' with FSU, Clemson, UNC, Va Tech... and you have the pods play each other in a league playoff, and the SEC champion plays the new league champion in a college football superbowl deal.

That's really the only way to bring balance. Otherwise it's the SEC and everyone who isn't SEC. And that will kill college football over time.

I'm sorry yes UGA is good but they are not a true blue blood until they win another ship. Gotta be 2 ships or more in my opinion.

Yeah man;

Imma be honest, w/ all ya’ll…I really don’t like the direction CFB is going, man. Even in our down yrs, I could sit back & watch CFB all day. The NCAA has provided zero leadership at all, and that’s b/c Emmert is a str8 stooge. These conferences r acting like independent conglomerates. I read that if this happens, the ACC, B1G, and Pac-12 might get to together to figure out how to compete w/ the SEC & maybe go in together on a super TV deal. It was in a ESPN article. Basically like we’ve all said here, The B12, a once prominent conference will essentially become like a G5…its value will be completely diminished. That’s wild.
Same

Even better. The ACC, Big10, PAC and the remains of the Big 12 band together and only play each other. Let the SEC have fun all by itself. See how long they last.
They could and pay good group of 5 teams big bucks for out of conference home games.

Advertisement
Ok, makes cents. Three schools would have to vote against it to kill it. TA&M, Missouri maybe, and _________.

Interesting. But Canedog don’t like nun of this super conference mess.
I’ll go with the gaytor for $500. That puzzy school doesn’t want conference change that will send Bama over to their annual schedule and they need allies - like aTm - when FSU comes knocking on the SEC door.

What this tells you, if it’s true, is that those schools have reached out to the SEC…not the other way around.

First, conferences can’t reach out to schools.

Second, the SEC kept OU/Texas quiet for over six months, so why would they start leaking now?

So if this is true, the source is the schools.

Sure would be nice to have a real AD who is proactive about this stuff, and an admin who actually gave a ****. I doubt our BOT is even aware the SEC is adding OU/Texas

Yeah man;

Ive been drinking so I'll try to make sense here lol. Right there with you(I would wager a lot, I agree with the sentiment of your posts 100% of the time). The amount of money in it has had me concerned for some time now, not because miami dont have money to play, we got plenty money, but football has never been a priority and especially with how poorly the (Emmert) I mean NCAA has adapted, college football has changed much faster than we would have expected 20 years ago. The problem now is we cant expect losses to count anymore or winning the conference, ots a popularity contest(money). My concern is I thought(15 years ago) we'd be pushing for change yet I fear we'll be on the wrong side again.

Edit: I know I didnt articulate my self that well but fck it.

Advertisement
Ma'am, I'll have what he's having. But make mine a single. I don't want to get sloppy like that.

I'll repeat what I wrote earlier today BEFORE this Clemson/FSU/OSU rumor started, when people thought this was just an OU/ Texas thing, in response to a poster who proposed Miami to the Big 10:

Getting a Big 10 invite would be a massive longshot IMO. For geographic and fit reasons, but most importantly because I think that that the SEC and Big 10 would rather just see us die.

A lot of things would need to go wrong, but don't think the life of the Miami program isn't at stake right now in at least some small way.

Ready? Imagine if the SEC took:

OU
Texas
FSU
Clemson
UNC
UVA

The ACC would be gutted. UNC would have to cut their Tobacco Road ties, which are powerful, but it might be do this or lose your seat. We'd be whatever the Big 12 is about to become, at best. The SEC would basically own college sports for the rest of time. They would dominate the Big 10, completely, and forever. Maybe there is a small chance the SEC would take Miami over UVA, but I doubt it. Their inherent racism would preclude adding us, IMO, and we're a small, private "**** school" in a lawless wasteland in their bigoted eyes. It's a bad fit, both ways.

UVA with SEC money (prestigious state school, good population, well-heeled resort areas, DC TV market, and you know they would love that Thomas Jefferson shiit) would become a lot more legit than you think.

Having Texas, UNC and UVA, along with Vanderbilt and less so UGA and UF would put the conference academic ridicule to bed forever.

Honestly if I was the ruthless leader of the SEC, that is what I'd do. Maybe I'd even boot Arkansas and Mizzou so everyone gets a bigger piece of the pie. Neither add much, neither can't hurt me if I let them go, and they were both recent additions anyway. They aren't legacy, they aren't inside.

I try to game things out in life, see the whole field. And I am telling you, it's treacherous out there for us right now. Ok, I am going to go cry now.

I don’t think anyone has it out for Miami. Nobody wants to see us die. The reason we’re not in discussion for the SEC is probably because we haven’t reached out. We don’t have a good AD who is on top of the situation IMO. We have Blake James.

The other thing that will hurt us is the fact that we haven’t won anything in years, and that we don’t have a stadium. That’s very bush league, and not a good look for the conference.

I would bet if the Big 10 or SEC does take us, building a stadium would be a requirement.

Really we’ve done this to ourselves by being cheap for 30 years and killing the golden goose. 1980’s Miami gets an SEC invite yesterday

Dan Patrick had an interesting take on the radio. Have a system of relegation like European soccer. Have 40 teams in a league and the bottom 10 teams are subject to relegations. Align the 40 teams in 2 conferences E and W and top (12 make the playoffs which is expected to happen)

Advertisement
Are we sure Oklahoma and Texas are making the right decision? Oklahoma has won five straight Big 12 titles and goes to the playoff almost every year. Now they’ll be lucky to win an SEC title once every 5 years. And Texas could become the new Tennessee unless they turn it around.

It doesn’t matter how strong your schedule/conference is, teams with 3-4+ losses are always going to be discounted in the rankings. Seems like a program would be better off in the long-run winning conference titles consistently and getting 11+ wins every year.

But now players can earn $$$,....so that just flat out changes everything. Because unless all student athletes are to receive the same payout equally,...you're about to see year by year the NBA and the money that goes along with that brand separating itself from remnants that will command CBA money. As a HS kid, which league would you rather be a part of?

We are in an age where perception really is reality.

In the end, this is all about the players and enticing them to come on board. Exclusive leagues are now going to pitch that they're even more exclusive. Don't be fooled by anything that suggests any different.

Last edited:
This makes the rich powerful teams richer. They will have more money to pay better coaches and whatever else teams spend money on that gives them an advantage over teams that don’t have as much money. In my opinion this makes it harder for us to compete.

Ive been drinking so I'll try to make sense here lol. Right there with you(I would wager a lot, I agree with the sentiment of your posts 100% of the time). The amount of money in it has had me concerned for some time now, not because miami dont have money to play, we got plenty money, but football has never been a priority and especially with how poorly the (Emmert) I mean NCAA has adapted, college football has changed much faster than we would have expected 20 years ago. The problem now is we cant expect losses to count anymore or winning the conference, ots a popularity contest(money). My concern is I thought(15 years ago) we'd be pushing for change yet I fear we'll be on the wrong side again.

Edit: I know I didnt articulate my self that well but fck it.

Brother; U’re post w/ liquor in ur system was more coherent than a lot of these sober numbnuts post. Lol.

I also don’t like this change for fear of recruiting. This SEC bias that’s being propaganda’d will now be 10x stronger. UT & OU $ being brought over to the $EC?? Man….that would be on some real bull chit. I can see why A&M don’t want UT to come over. I’m sure one of their recruiting tactics have been ‘we play in the best conference, that produces the most NFL players’, to local Texas kids. Well, that advantage will be gone.

The pod concept gives us a chance to "fully include" Notre Dame without the outright need for them to play a full slate. With kids receiving money, everything is all about money now. If you don't get this concept, you're being left in the pre-pandemic era.

Without anyone else defecting,...1 major school to fill the void would give us enough cover to still pitch a 16-team league that competes with the SEC and B1G.

Sell the IMAGERY that Notre Dame really is in the conference. It only makes the ACC's pitch to kids stronger. Them choosing to be left out of championship games can simply be a footnote.

Purposely keep 1-2 yearly cross rivals in other pods. Have ND's 2-3 additional games outside of their pod count as NConference games, yet have the other 3 teams within their pods battle it out for a yearly Semifinal match.

conferece logo pods.jpg

We can then have a much better chance at premier matchups for conference games that we've envisioned for the conference, but have had yet to develop. Hate to say it, but it's all about convincing the kids to not simply go to an SEC school at this point.

Will repost in a couple threads instead of starting a new one (there are enough).

Advertisement
Back