REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Georgia Tech in the SEC

Latest Whaaat GIFs | Gfycat

Advertisement
Getting a Big 10 invite would be a massive longshot IMO. For geographic and fit reasons, but most importantly because I think that that the SEC and Big 10 would rather just see us die.

A lot of things would need to go wrong, but don't think the life of the Miami program isn't at stake right now in at least some small way.

Ready? Imagine if the SEC took:

OU
Texas
FSU
Clemson
UNC
UVA

The ACC would be gutted. UNC would have to cut their Tobacco Road ties, which are powerful, but it might be do this or lose your seat. We'd be whatever the Big 12 is about to become, at best. The SEC would basically own college sports for the rest of time. They would dominate the Big 10, completely, and forever. Maybe there is a small chance the SEC would take Miami over UVA, but I doubt it. Their inherent racism would preclude adding us, IMO, and we're a small, private "**** school" in a lawless wasteland in their bigoted eyes. It's a bad fit, both ways.

UVA with SEC money (prestigious state school, good population, well-heeled resort areas, DC TV market, and you know they would love that Thomas Jefferson shiit) would become a lot more legit than you think.

Having Texas, UNC and UVA, along with Vanderbilt and less so UGA and UF would put the conference academic ridicule to bed forever.

Honestly if I was the ruthless leader of the SEC, that is what I'd do. Maybe I'd even boot Arkansas and Mizzou so everyone gets a bigger piece of the pie. Neither add much, neither can't hurt me if I let them go, and they were both recent additions anyway. They aren't legacy, they aren't inside.

I try to game things out in life, see the whole field. And I am telling you, it's treacherous out there for us right now. Ok, I am going to go cry now.
If the other conferences had any balls, they would band together and take the best of what they've got and give a big middle finger to the SEC. Imagine if the Big10, PAC, ACC and what's left of the Big12 created their own league and told they SEC they can either come to the table and play ball or they can go it alone and see who comes out ahead.

I’d like to see the ACC and Big 10 do a strategic partnership where the only play each other out of conference and sell the ACC/Big10 challenge out separate from their conference tv deal. Get ND in that mix, and cherry pick three other solid fits. Let the SEC have fun with the PAC 12.
Even better. The ACC, Big10, PAC and the remains of the Big 12 band together and only play each other. Let the SEC have fun all by itself. See how long they last.

The concept I laid out adds only two more teams than they are about to have. And if they don't kick Arkansas and Mizzou to the curb, they can essentially have two power conferences within the SEC. They won't destroy CFB, they will dominate it. They will have the best, and second best conferences in the country INSIDE the SEC. Can you imagine the TV revenue? My god. Then the additional revenue from a monster SECCG, merch, etc. Everything will supercharge. With a 12-16 team playoff, there is still room for other conferences to do their thing. But they will get eaten alive in the playoffs and on the trail.

Why would they want to take it all for themselves and murder others? Human nature and greed, sadly. Be scared.
Why would that possibly increase the revenue per team? I don't think turning college football into regional sport dominated in the poorest region of the country is a good play for the SEC. Once they have 16 teams, adding further teams, even really solid programs and new markets, are not increasing the size of each piece of the pie.

Advertisement
Lol at anyone saying let’s talk to the B1G.

But back to ur point, OP….The B12 was on life support a couple yrs back. They’ve lost Colorado, Nebraska, and A&M. Them losing UT & OU?? Bruh; they’re doneskis. They might as well fold up shop.

Now, back to this asinine theory of joining The B1G. If we can’t handle UNC, and struggle w/ VT, GT, and ****, even Duke, then how in THEE BLUEST OF FCKS r we going to beat Wisconsin, OSU, Indiana, and Meeechigan on a yearly basis??? Somewhere Jonathan Taylor is still running down our throats. Be logical. Not only is it not a geographical fit, it’s not a cultural fit, either.

Last edited:
Advertisement

But back to ur point, OP….The B12 was on life support a couple yrs back. They’ve lost Colorado, Nebraska, and A&M. Them losing UT & OU?? Bruh; they’re doneskis. They might as well fold up shop.

Now, back to this asinine theory of joining The B1G. If we can’t handle UNC, and struggle w/ VT, GT, and ****, even Duke, then how in THEE BLUEST OF FCKS r we going to beat Wisconsin, OSU, Indiana, and Meeechigan on a yearly basis??? Some where Jonathan Taylor is still running down our throats. Be logical. Not only is it not a geographical fit, it’s not a cultural fit, either.
Rell, hear me out, don’t turn off the tube lol

Big 12 adds back Nebraska, TAMU is super petty ands goes back to the Big 12: now added 2 members with prior rivalries

Now, add Miami, FSU, Clemson, Colorado, Utah, and SMU (couldn’t think of another team) (16 teams)

Now am I crazy, or am I KRAZY lol 😂

Georgia Tech in the SEC

Latest Whaaat GIFs | Gfycat
I figured it would make sense geographically, they may not be a team you’d think is SEC because the SEC is suppose to be “BiG bOy FoOtBaLl” but again they fit geographically so I said what the ****. I also tried to spread a few SEC teams out and add a few smaller teams to keep parity a little more present

Advertisement
Here's more on the 4 pod graphic. My older brother's friend works in the lsu athletic dept in "alum fundraising". They recently just brought him in from GA. Not hard to guess his purpose lol. Anyway he sent him an email today saying the grand plan of the sec (what they ARE REALLY shooting for) is this: the 4 pod system you mentioned, with the 4 champs of those having their own sec playoff. The Champion of that would play the champ from the rest of the country in basically a college football Super Bowl. Not saying it will happen, but I swear on my Mother's grave that he said that's their plan they really want to carry out and have discussed.

This actually makes a lot of logical sense.

The missing piece is "the champ from the rest of the country".... which we're all just assuming is the ACC/BIG10/PAC/whoever champ. But I think what will probably happen is those three leagues consolidate somehow, merge and drop a lot of the dead weight.

With the addition of OU and Texas, the SEC probably has as many bluebloods as the rest of college football combined. And they have 7 of the top 10 revenue schools. Sucks that this is where we are, but so be it.

So the question is, what does the rest of the college football world do.

I mean this in a sincere and helpful way: DO NOT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB!

UAB in the SEC? WTF
You guys have been complaining that the SEC has too many powerhouses so I decided to give them a few smaller yet successful teams. I took out Missouri, Mississippi state, South Carolina and added App state, UAB, and G Tech, UAB is in Alabama which fits, App state in Tennessee which fits because of tennesse/Kentucky and Gtech is in the middle of all of that. They are also 3 teams, that are all capable of providing upsets every week, especially when they get the recruiting perks that come with being in the SEC

I figured it would make sense geographically, they may not be a team you’d think is SEC because the SEC is suppose to be “BiG bOy FoOtBaLl” but again they fit geographically so I said what the ****. I also tried to spread a few SEC teams out and add a few smaller teams to keep parity a little more present
I hear you... Just seeing all these realignment scenarios is killing me vibe.

Advertisement

Now, back to this asinine theory of joining The B1G. If we can’t handle UNC, and struggle w/ VT, GT, and ****, even Duke, then how in THEE BLUEST OF FCKS r we going to beat Wisconsin, OSU, Indiana, and Meeechigan on a yearly basis??? Some where Jonathan Taylor is still running down our throats. Be logical. Not only is it not a geographical fit, it’s not a cultural fit, either.
Yeah I’m not for one side or another. The benefit of the big12 would be hopefully the “Oklahoma syndrome” winning 10-11 games a year winning conference and getting into the playoff. Just looking at football there’s pros.

for those of you who are saying geographically it doesn’t make sense with travel…. Boston college/syracuse/Pitt is the same distance as Texas for a flight..

Pretty sure it was LCE said a while back that he’d be interested in Miami in the Big12..

Now that everything is going wild in cfb and big 12 losing their two babies in Texas and Oklahoma, would y’all be for it or against it?

Curious to hear y’all thoughts.
When he suggested it, the rationale made sense. Then they went full bytch over Covid, now this.

Advertisement
Back