REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
Advertisement
ACC should drop Wake and Syracuse.
Force ND to go all in, invite WVU, TCU and Cinci.

You can't "force" ND to do squat. Unfortunately, they have all the leverage. The Big 10 would love to snap them up. Let's not drive them into their arms. I think the ACC needs ND to survive this, being honest. We have to improve and it doesn't get better. It's a great fit, too. The SEC and Big 10 are already significantly ahead of the ACC financially and are only going to grow stronger, as we're seeing right now. The only way the ACC can continue to compete anywhere near (not at) that level is to pull ND in IMO. Then you'd have ND, Clemson, Miami, FSU, UNC... some cornerstone football programs to go along with strong hoop and baseball teams (optics).

The problem is you just can't give ND special treatment. It has to be equitable. And I don't think ND is ready to accept that.

Honestly, if the SEC wanted to take over and kill the ACC for good they could make a run at Clemson and FSU tomorrow. I really don't think we control our own destiny right now as a conference or an AD, which is frightening.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes

IF

they add

Florida
Florida St
Notre Dame

what Cane wouldn’t want those three on the schedule every year

Honestly, if the SEC wanted to take over and kill the ACC for good they could make a run at Clemson and FSU tomorrow. I really don't think we control our own destiny right now as a conference or an AD, which is frightening.
This would be the death blow if they wanted to kill the ACC, and Miami would be left on the outside looking in holding its **** in its hand, praying the B1G would reach out to us.

Geographically, it’s not a fit and I don’t see how it helps us in recruiting and finances.

Right now, I believe the ACC is our best fit.

If there’s a 12 team playoff, joining the sec doesn’t make it harder to make it in. It’s about the same plus they get more money and better recruiting, in theory
That wasn't point IF the playoffs expand...the point was you could see the same 2 reams play each other 3 times. My point wasn't debating money or recruiting

Advertisement
any chance espn somehow pushed this behind the scenes? We all know the affinity they have for the SEC and of course the LHN deal they have
Of course they did. They had the 4 POD graphic ready an hour after the news broke lol

Of course they did. They had the 4 POD graphic ready an hour after the news broke lol
Here's more on the 4 pod graphic. My older brother's friend works in the lsu athletic dept in "alum fundraising". They recently just brought him in from GA. Not hard to guess his purpose lol. Anyway he sent him an email today saying the grand plan of the sec (what they ARE REALLY shooting for) is this: the 4 pod system you mentioned, with the 4 champs of those having their own sec playoff. The Champion of that would play the champ from the rest of the country in basically a college football Super Bowl. Not saying it will happen, but I swear on my Mother's grave that he said that's their plan they really want to carry out and have discussed.

Advertisement
no. there are no academic/cultural fits in the big 12 for the ACC.

it's bad enough that the ACC has NC State and FSU and Clemson.

unless Vanderbilt is thinking about leaving the SEC, I'm not seeing any ACC expansion in the near future.

what MAY happen, and it's a long shot, I you get Vandy and Notre Dame. But I'm not holding my breath.

Here's more on the 4 pod graphic. My older brother's friend works in the lsu athletic dept in "alum fundraising". They recently just brought him in from GA. Not hard to guess his purpose lol. Anyway he sent him an email today saying the grand plan of the sec (what they ARE REALLY shooting for) is this: the 4 pod system you mentioned, with the 4 champs of those having their own sec playoff. The Champion of that would play the champ from the rest of the country in basically a college football Super Bowl. Not saying it will happen, but I swear on my Mother's grave that he said that's their plan they really want to carry out and have discussed.
Good lord, what an overwhelmingly boring idea.

This would be the death blow if they wanted to kill the ACC, and Miami would be left on the outside looking in holding its **** in its hand, praying the B1G would reach out to us.

Getting a Big 10 invite would be a massive longshot IMO. For geographic and fit reasons, but most importantly because I think that that the SEC and Big 10 would rather just see us die.

A lot of things would need to go wrong, but don't think the life of the Miami program isn't at stake right now in at least some small way.

Ready? Imagine if the SEC took:

OU
Texas
FSU
Clemson
UNC
UVA

The ACC would be gutted. UNC would have to cut their Tobacco Road ties, which are powerful, but it might be do this or lose your seat. We'd be whatever the Big 12 is about to become, at best. The SEC would basically own college sports for the rest of time. They would dominate the Big 10, completely, and forever. Maybe there is a small chance the SEC would take Miami over UVA, but I doubt it. Their inherent racism would preclude adding us, IMO, and we're a small, private "**** school" in a lawless wasteland in their bigoted eyes. It's a bad fit, both ways.

UVA with SEC money (prestigious state school, good population, well-heeled resort areas, DC TV market, and you know they would love that Thomas Jefferson shiit) would become a lot more legit than you think.

Having Texas, UNC and UVA, along with Vanderbilt and less so UGA and UF would put the conference academic ridicule to bed forever.

Honestly if I was the ruthless leader of the SEC, that is what I'd do. Maybe I'd even boot Arkansas and Mizzou so everyone gets a bigger piece of the pie. Neither add much, neither can't hurt me if I let them go, and they were both recent additions anyway. They aren't legacy, they aren't inside.

I try to game things out in life, see the whole field. And I am telling you, it's treacherous out there for us right now. Ok, I am going to go cry now.

Advertisement
Back