REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Advertisement
It occurs to me that this whole "secession" of UT and OU to the SEC likely started back in Dec. At least according to the word coming out now. I have to wonder if it was used as a selling point for Steve Sarkisan to take the UT job..

All of this is about getting the NCAA out of CFB (at least big boy CFB). Four super conferences with 16 - 18 teams each is where it will net when all is said and done IMO (based on whether teams favor pod or division model) . Think the four conferences will try to maintain some semblance of geography (since I think the importance of big urban TV markets less when talking specific teams vs. CFB overall) Biggest question is how best Power 5 teams come into play. Do they become teams 17 and 18 (or even 15 and 16, with current conference members getting the boot?)

Each league I bet will get its own TV deal with a conference eliminating cross-league broadcasting you see now (ESPN/ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX, unless NBC bows out and ESPN takes two leagues), and then bid out playoffs or rotate like Super Bowl.

Two powers, two cupcakes. SEC has its collective crap together. ACC is playing with crayons and a ball of yarn.
That may be true but there was a time when tennesse had its stuff together and was the class of the conference. The pendulum always swings back and forth

Advertisement
Only chance for survival is the ACC and Big 10 need to merge and drop dead weight.

miami
Fsu
Clemson
V tech
Unc
ND
G tech
BC or cuse- both are average

Wisconsin
Iowa
ohio st
Pedo
Illinois
Nebraska
Michigan
Mich st
That’s a murderers row. Clemskn fspoo lame unc. All have a shot to be good to great. Great schedule. I’m tired of our home schedule being crap. No one wants to see Duke. Let’s play some good comp and the cream will rise to the top. I think our boys playing a better schedule will build us up maybe even if the record doesn’t show it

KU really adds nothing valuable to the Big 10. Sure, it's a great bball school, but football drives all the revenue.
KU basketball drives plenty of revenue. Everyone in the **** state has KU swag.. Even in Manhattan.

Advertisement
KU basketball drives plenty of revenue. Everyone in the **** state has KU swag.. Even in Manhattan.
That revenue goes to KU, not the conference. A conference's desire to add a team is all about whether that addition will add intrigue and therefore revenue. KU doesn't do that in football. Sure, it will give a marginal bump because of basketball, but it's not moving the needle.

You’re joking right? College football has been making a ton of money for decades. It’s already a corporate cesspool, if that’s what you want to call it. What makes it different now? It already makes billions and will continue to make billions. This is just a restructure. Pure and simple. We just don’t want to be left out that’s all.
That part ☝️

If ND is off the board id grab two Texas schools…

TCU for the Dallas/ft worth market
Houston for the well Houston market

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pay the players…
Pay the players…
Pay the players…

51% of all earnings (TV, bowl, merchandise, ticket sales, etc) should go to the footballer team so they can split it 85 ways. And 49% should go to the athletic departments

Then athletes can also leverage NIL as well

Spot-on. The programs and the conferences are such big major players because of the revenue problems that arise. Give every player the same payout across the board and take all of this money out of the hands of the conferences,...or say hello to more and more disparity.

You’re joking right? College football has been making a ton of money for decades. It’s already a corporate cesspool, if that’s what you want to call it. What makes it different now? It already makes billions and will continue to make billions. This is just a restructure. Pure and simple. We just don’t want to be left out that’s all.
We’ll see. It’s going to be like a second pro league, that’s the direction it’s headed and that will turn many people off. There’s a reason people watch college sports over professional.

Advertisement
Back