REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

Grabbing ND and PedoState (if possible) would be a legitimate move in response to the $EC adding Texas and OU. I suspect PSU would be a hard pull w/ the B10 sitting unblemished at the moment. Poaching from the B12 will be much easier.

Of the remaining teams, WVU probably makes the most sense geographically and as far as rivalries/history (notwithstanding the fact they are worthless hill people). Baylor has been more successful more recently (compared to WVU), but makes the least sense geographically and as far as their history/rivalries are concerned.

IMO, the ACC will need to bring in ND at this point along with some other halfway decent team (likely from the remnants of the B12). Sad times.

Advertisement
Wishful thinking and yes, I'm drinking before noon. 🍻

I don't think it's crazy to think that. I think that's the inevitable outcome. We may end up with two super conference (AFC and NFC) and those two play each other for a national championship. The other teams would have to form a sub division, as they probably should.

Advertisement
Just waiting for acc news now lol
Live look at ACC headquarters:

Sad Pablo Escobar GIF by NETFLIX

Last edited:
Advertisement
We're going to be on the outside looking in when the dust settles unless something crazy happens. For example...

Clemson
Miami
FSU
UNC/VT
Ohio State
PennSt
Michigan
Wisky
MichSt
Nebraska
Oregon
USCw
Washington
ASU/Zona
OkieSt
Baylor/TCU

Convince ND to join if you can and boot MichSt.

You make a football-only super-conference out of that, surround the SEC geographically make it NWO vs WCW 2.0, Saturday Night Wars. Let ESPN bankrupt itself on the SEC media rights while CBS, Amazon etc. bid against each other to cover the only other game in town.

Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

Wishful thinking and yes, I'm drinking before noon. 🍻

That kind of 'wishful thinking' is what makes people billionaires. That's the way Miami admin ought to be thinking, instead of thinking small and penny-pinching.

What you have there would be an amazing product, and way more people would tune in to watch that league than your average game on the ACC or BIG network.

Advertisement
KU really adds nothing valuable to the Big 10. Sure, it's a great bball school, but football drives all the revenue.
Kansas City is pretty close to Lawrenceville. I think it makes sense, even though they are terrible at football. Their deal is already bringing in so much money.

Agree w/'68, not sure what KU brings to that relationship aside from BB.

And I'd be surprised if the ACC hasn't had or made plans to speak with ND and another team.

Advertisement
All good things come to an end. People watch college sports because it’s not a corporate cess pool and professional and boring. Anyone not in these super conferences will stop caring quickly and not watch. Look what happened in europe with soccer, nobody wanted a super league.

If Texas and OU had any balls they would join the ACC to compete with the SEC. OK, that may be me just hoping The ACC can pull off a miracle. If the ACC schools said no to that arrangement, they would get what they deserve.

At least one thing is clear now - the whole line that Miami could never have joined the SEC because the in-state school, Florida, would "block" it was a bunch of garbage.... as I said all along.

I was proved 100% right on that point.

A&M tried that tactic and were not able to block UT. Like I said the first time I made the point... where there's money to be made, people will find a way to make it happen.

At least one thing is clear now - the whole line that Miami could never have joined the SEC because the in-state school, Florida, would "block" it was a bunch of garbage.... as I said all along.

I was proved 100% right on that point.

A&M tried that tactic and were not able to block UT. Like I said the first time I made the point... where there's money to be made, people will find a way to make it happen.
I don't think you can use that transitive logic though. UF may have had enough other teams in the old conference set up to block us.

Advertisement
Back