REALIGNMENT MEGGGGAAAA THREAAAD

This stinks like ESPN leveraging these guys. Basically the longhorn network deal has lost about $50M for ESPN and they are likely already telling Texas they aren’t going to renew and driving them to the SEC instead.

Advertisement
Been saying we should join the SEC for years…but of course Blake James fails as usual. Now it looks like we’re stuck in a basketball conference with the lowest revenues and mediocre matchups…unless someone at UM wakes up and decides to think big

You need your head examined if you think James has one iota of say on this.

Advertisement
OU and Texas are low key petty. They both havent won ish for years and think they own the world. Now they’re dumb enough to think they’ll be big dogs in the SEC.
In reality the only thing OU hasn't done recently is beat the NC teams like bama, Lsu, and Clem ( who has ?)

OU has dominated their conference going back to the days when the big 12 was considered cfb deepest league ( a&m was a member). They have been clearly superior to the texas program. One could project OU fitting right in after the usual adjustments.

Yes Texas has the brand but the outright results have been lacking

Last edited:
Honestly….they might be (the big dogs in the SEC)
Definitely not texas. The ou history suggest they will be a real player

Though they are often lumped together due to the rivalry - ou has enjoyed more national success with a history of winning more conference championships save the lost 90s

Since the 70s texas has struggle to string along conference ships in the old swc, old big 12, and current setup. Don't see them suddenly doing that in sec

Last edited:
If this happens, the Domers would be best served by joining the Big 10. Sure, the ACC is a better academic fit, but so is the Ivy.

Not that I care what their fans think, but I would be flat out ****ed at an ACC conference slate over Big 10.
ND is contractually committed to joining the ACC in football if they ever join a conference.

Advertisement
Don't care about UCF that much but TCU, Houston, and Penn State would hit 3 of the 5 largest TV markets in the country. Add ND and that is going to be tough for any conference to beat in viewers.
But we’re at 14 now, not including ND. So if 16 is the number and you’re adding ND, you only get one more to move to the logical number of 16.

But we’re at 14 now, not including ND. So if 16 is the number and you’re adding ND, you only get one more to move to the logical number of 16.
If the need to build a true super conference arises you'd need to dump wake and duke to make room for more competitive teams to match the SEC. Truth is there aren't enough true powerhouses that have geographic fits to match the top heavy SEC becoming even more top heavy.

You have wisky OSU mich and PSU in the B1G and the 3 or 4 legit PAC12 teams and that is it

and that is looking at it from solely a football perspective but there are other sports that would warrant consideration when discussing conference affiliations, as well as, longstanding traditional rivalries.

if the NCAA was smart they would just hammer all the cheating *** SEC teams to oblivion and reset the game. If Bama, LSU, A&M, etc all get slammed with big time sanctions the SEC loses its ability to throw its weight around like this.

I wonder how much last year's canceled/abbreviated season played into this, revenue-wise.

ACC would be best served with ND and Baylor.

Advertisement
If the need to build a true super conference arises you'd need to dump wake and duke to make room for more competitive teams to match the SEC. Truth is there aren't enough true powerhouses that have geographic fits to match the top heavy SEC becoming even more top heavy.

You have wisky OSU mich and PSU in the B1G and the 3 or 4 legit PAC12 teams and that is it

and that is looking at it from solely a football perspective but there are other sports that would warrant consideration when discussing conference affiliations, as well as, longstanding traditional rivalries.

if the NCAA was smart they would just hammer all the cheating *** SEC teams to oblivion and reset the game. If Bama, LSU, A&M, etc all get slammed with big time sanctions the SEC loses its ability to throw its weight around like this.
I'm sorry, but if you think the ACC is dumping Duke and Wake Forest, then there is no sense even discussing the rest. They would be quicker to somehow dump us twice than either of those teams.

I wonder how much last year's canceled/abbreviated season played into this, revenue-wise.

ACC would be best served with ND and Baylor.
Would TCU being in the DFW metro area push them above Baylor? Athletically, I think Baylor is clearly better in recent year. Academically interchangeable. I guess Waco is not too far from DFW. I just hope they do not do something stupid like go for Kansas and lean into basketball even more.

Advertisement
Would TCU being in the DFW metro area push them above Baylor? Athletically, I think Baylor is clearly better in recent year. Academically interchangeable. I guess Waco is not too far from DFW. I just hope they do not do something stupid like go for Kansas and lean into basketball even more.
You can make an argument for them being interchangeable, but I think Baylor's recent athletic success makes them more of a splash announcement.

If the B1G takes 2 out of the PAC 12 there is no 4th super conference. Could make an argument there ain't even 3 super conferences when u look at the potential ACC compared to the other two.

Again, I don't see a scenario where Miami gets left out being one of the biggest brands in one of the biggest markets.

Brett McMurphy thoughts this morning;

• He believes they (OU & UT) are gone
  • They could join the SEC as soon as 2022
  • ACC grabs WVU and keeps a spot for ND
  • B10 adds Kansas, ISU

• B12 has 3 options
  • Baylor, TTU, OSU, TCU- P12 (poor KSU)
  • SMU, HOUSTON, TULANE, MEMPHIS, TULSA, UCF, USF, CINCINNATI, BYU, BOISE, CSU join BAY, TTU, OSU, TCU
  • B12 goes all out and keeps ISU and KU and courts NEBRASKA, CU, BYU, BOISE. UTAH, HOUSTON, SMU, ARIZONA, ARIZONA ST

The biggest problem for the ACC is Miami, FSU, and Va Tech have been down for years. If this was 2000 the ACC would rival the SEC and nobody would care what OU and Texas did. It's funny to think of a world where Miami, FSU, Va Tech, Clemson are all still top 10 teams and the ACC adds Notre Dame. That would be the SEC basically.

Advertisement
Back