Real talk. What does it mean to love the U.

1983cane

Recruit
Premium
Seriously.

Prefise... I am a non graduate, yet donating fan.

Last time I flew out from CA 2 odd years ago against FSU at home. WEZ, that comeback was poopin.

On a serious note. The campus has the symbol to have pictures taken. It's a beautiful University, with the "U" pretty much all over.

The "U" if I am not mistaken is from a fan throwing it up back in either the 80's maybe 70's. Schnellenberger branded it. Even from the West Coast everyone knows the "U".

But do you see ANY other people, or college team that gets there symbol disrespected like we do? Seriously? No.

The University has got to make a serious decision. I guarantee you basic doners, merchandise, ticket sales, big bowls.. It's dried up brothers.

The "U" should either seriously step up and right the ship for it's Identity, or just pull the "U" off and just do the old 60's flag.....

Thoughts, man.

Advertisement
When Accountability ( on all levels ) goes missing so do the good times.

Saturday was a winnable ball game. Our run & pass game need to be better.

Our pregame preparations, they need to be better.

By Far the most pivotal improvements need to come in the form of Accountability to the Man next to you & the flag U fly.

If nothing changes, “ The Process “ = Insanity.

Go Canes

Seriously.

Prefise... I am a non graduate, yet donating fan.

Last time I flew out from CA 2 odd years ago against FSU at home. WEZ, that comeback was poopin.

On a serious note. The campus has the symbol to have pictures taken. It's a beautiful University, with the "U" pretty much all over.

The "U" if I am not mistaken is from a fan throwing it up back in either the 80's maybe 70's. Schnellenberger branded it. Even from the West Coast everyone knows the "U".

But do you see ANY other people, or college team that gets there symbol disrespected like we do? Seriously? No.

The University has got to make a serious decision. I guarantee you basic doners, merchandise, ticket sales, big bowls.. It's dried up brothers.

The "U" should either seriously step up and right the ship for it's Identity, or just pull the "U" off and just do the old 60's flag.....

Thoughts, man.

The split-U logo was developed by graphic artist Bill Bodenhamer in the early 1970s, who also designed the Miami Dolphins logo. The split-U was a logo that was used for all sports, with a different player or icon in the middle of the split-U (football player for football, etc.).

Michael Irvin used to do the U hand sign, but with just his thumbs and index fingers upraised. During the 1980s, when our student section would do the "F U SemenHoles" chant with extended middle fingers, our head of cheerleading (Connie Nickel) coordinated the whole "U hand sign" with all four fingers upraised whenever the band played the Imperial Death March from Star Wars.

Advertisement
Been a fan for almost 38 years. So it's very painful to watch us fall so far. Had plans on flying to two home games this season, but I can't burn any more money on this program until we're committed to winning.

I hear ya. 305 is one of the ruff, get down, raw, honest, living, get that ish, survive,

Best zip code in all USA.

Bank on it. From West Sac with love.

Zip code?

For the record, when my family moved to Orlando in 1972, our area code was 305.

Advertisement
Grew up in Buckeye Country, Columbus OH, and as a 9 year old I was drawn to the star personalities, the NFL stars, the trash talking, the winning. It was so different from big10 football, it was amazing. Miami captured my heart as a kid but has only disappointed me since. I try and quit the team but I just can't.

Grew up in Buckeye Country, Columbus OH, and as a 9 year old I was drawn to the star personalities, the NFL stars, the trash talking, the winning. It was so different from big10 football, it was amazing. Miami captured my heart as a kid but has only disappointed me since. I try and quit the team but I just can't.
I will never stop loving what Miami Football and my ultimate loving the School. It's honestly an absolutely beautiful school. They did accept me back in 94, but I don't have private money. Working class fool

I ask this big question, as should we continue to push them forward as fans and expect more..

Or do we just except the intentions of the University... And I am not sure they know what that actually is? Are we still a brand that wants meaning behind it.

Advertisement
Keep believing the program is getting better and just wait until next year. Donating money to the university, while believing it will make a difference.

The split-U logo was developed by graphic artist Bill Bodenhamer in the early 1970s, who also designed the Miami Dolphins logo. The split-U was a logo that was used for all sports, with a different player or icon in the middle of the split-U (football player for football, etc.).

Michael Irvin used to do the U hand sign, but with just his thumbs and index fingers upraised. During the 1980s, when our student section would do the "F U SemenHoles" chant with extended middle fingers, our head of cheerleading (Connie Nickel) coordinated the whole "U hand sign" with all four fingers upraised whenever the band played the Imperial Death March from Star Wars.
Roll that Green and Orange YAMMA YAMMA! RIP!

Advertisement
I'm of the opinion that ever since we starting calling Miami "The U" around 2003/04 - we've sucked.

I'd like to people to stop saying "The U" based on nothing other than superstition. I facepalm when I hear "The U". Just say Miami. That's my branding .02

I'm of the opinion that ever since we starting calling Miami "The U" around 2003/04 - we've sucked.

I'd like to people to stop saying "The U" based on nothing other than superstition. I facepalm when I hear "The U". Just say Miami. That's my branding .02

Advertisement
Back