Real talk about this L-villa game

The total is still under 60, I think, which means at least Vegas thinks their defense has improved.

Advertisement
They had better hope they improved by a lot and they had better hope Miami got a lot worse because last year's game wasn't even close.
You realize last years game ha nothing to do with this years. We lost to FIU as well.

Somebody please tell me I’m not wasting my time and money by going to this game tomorrow night.

You realize last years game ha nothing to do with this years. We lost to FIU as well.
Considering they’re returning a majority of the guys who played in last year’s game along with pretty much every coach, they haven’t really changed that much.
I get it. You want Louisville to win. You hate Miami. Whatever.

Advertisement
We've heard many times that a team makes it's biggest performance jump from week one to week 2. We're about to find out.

I expect Lashlee to open up the playbook more and he's already shown his ability to adjust during the game. I wouldn't be surprised if Loserville does on D what UAB did last week - throw looks at us that they haven't shown before.

Baker needs to stay the **** away from getting cute. We have the dogs to beat them straight up. Our D-Line should feast and we should be able to see the turnover chain a couple of times.
Regarding Baker, that's just it. The guy doesn't know how to stop being cute. He doesn't know any other way. Baker literally cannot comprehend a concept like "beat them straight up." Expect the same Baker we have seen before. There's no reason to think the guy is going to all of sudden say "Hey! I've got an idea! I might not need to blitz all out on 3rd and 15 and instead I can drop my Linebackers into coverage and pressure with my elite front 4!" or "Hey! I think I've got something! If I'm blitzing or getting pressure on the QB and he has to hurry his delivery then maybe instead of having my entire secondary play 10 yards off the receivers I could go to press man or bump and run and get some interceptions that way!" I seriously doubt that. Unless Diaz decides to intervene. it who knows.

I feel much better about this offense and Lashlee's ability to game plan especially with King at the controls. I would assume that the Louisville DC Brown will go into the game planning on stopping our running game thus making King beat them with his arm. I'm confident that Lashlee will have us ready. I would really like to see Lashlee try some 2 back looks and experiment with 21 and even 22 personnel. This way we deemphasize the WR position while leaning on our strengths at RB and TE. The great thing about these personnel sets is that they are traditionally groupings that indicate strong run tendencies but we can throw just as well out of these groupings. It's going to be interesting to see what types of personnel and formations he cones up with. There are many options at his disposal.

Advertisement
Considering they’re returning a majority of the guys who played in last year’s game along with pretty much every coach, they haven’t really changed that much.
I get it. You want Louisville to win. You hate Miami. Whatever.
Lol, just because I call out blind homerism when I see it has nothing to do with not wanting miami to win. I want them to win all day long, but puffing out my chest and skewing reality isn’t going to make that happen. You think somehow this will effect game play? You think reality means hate?

Lol, just because I call out blind homerism when I see it has nothing to do with not wanting miami to win. I want them to win all day long, but puffing out my chest and skewing reality isn’t going to make that happen. You think somehow this will effect game play? You think reality means hate?
Your “reality” is that Louisville somehow improved dramatically and Miami got significantly worse yet you are yet to state any reason for believing this. The reality is that Miami destroyed Louisville last year and even if they did get incrementally better, they would still need Miami to be much worse this year. It’s not really puffing your chest to look at both teams objectively and say that the team that got blown out last year hasn’t improved enough to win this year. Blind homerism would be thinking Miami was just going to crush every team they play.

Regarding Baker, that's just it. The guy doesn't know how to stop being cute. He doesn't know any other way. Baker literally cannot comprehend a concept like "beat them straight up." Expect the same Baker we have seen before. There's no reason to think the guy is going to all of sudden say "Hey! I've got an idea! I might not need to blitz all out on 3rd and 15 and instead I can drop my Linebackers into coverage and pressure with my elite front 4!" or "Hey! I think I've got something! If I'm blitzing or getting pressure on the QB and he has to hurry his delivery then maybe instead of having my entire secondary play 10 yards off the receivers I could go to press man or bump and run and get some interceptions that way!" I seriously doubt that. Unless Diaz decides to intervene. it who knows.

I feel much better about this offense and Lashlee's ability to game plan especially with King at the controls. I would assume that the Louisville DC Brown will go into the game planning on stopping our running game thus making King beat them with his arm. I'm confident that Lashlee will have us ready. I would really like to see Lashlee try some 2 back looks and experiment with 21 and even 22 personnel. This way we deemphasize the WR position while leaning on our strengths at RB and TE. The great thing about these personnel sets is that they are traditionally groupings that indicate strong run tendencies but we can throw just as well out of these groupings. It's going to be interesting to see what types of personnel and formations he cones up with. There are many options at his disposal.
If Diaz was our DC, and Lashlee our OC, we would win easily. But Baker will make this a close game.

Advertisement
Watched Lousiville last year. Play was sporadic, but that new coach of theirs got his kids working hard.

We SHOULD beat them, but I think it's going to be a shootout. I'm not entirely convinced of our CB's (Blades is good, but he's been caught before, and he's one guy)

Honestly, we shouldn't get too cute on offense or defense. Run the damned football down their throats and force their QB to throw deep and contain him.

Your “reality” is that Louisville somehow improved dramatically and Miami got significantly worse yet you are yet to state any reason for believing this. The reality is that Miami destroyed Louisville last year and even if they did get incrementally better, they would still need Miami to be much worse this year. It’s not really puffing your chest to look at both teams objectively and say that the team that got blown out last year hasn’t improved enough to win this year. Blind homerism would be thinking Miami was just going to crush every team they play.
Not it at all. Miami has gotten better, as they couldn’t get any worse, and Louisville I assume has gotten better, which you completely discount. Just because we beat them last year means little. Just look at the line for God sakes. If you saw how we finished the year, how we played them that week may have been luck over skill. Stop acting like we are somehow dominant against anyone. We lost to FIU.

Not it at all. Miami has gotten better, as they couldn’t get any worse, and Louisville I assume has gotten better, which you completely discount. Just because we beat them last year means little. Just look at the line for God sakes. If you saw how we finished the year, how we played them that week may have been luck over skill. Stop acting like we are somehow dominant against anyone. We lost to FIU.
Losing to FIU last year counts but beating Louisville last year doesn’t. Gotcha.

For the record, I’m not predicting a blowout win. It should be fairly close but I think Miami matches up very favorably against the Cardinals. I’m not just writing this one off as a loss

Last edited:
Advertisement
I watched the game last night between them and western Kentucky. Lville is very small up front on the D line. We should be running inside on there A..... all night. Linebackers look fast, but if we get that push its another 100+yard night for all the backs. wideouts need to make sure they get out fast and start letting this man get into a flow of throwing the ball.
Def I'm going to be honest watching the game and breaking it down I WAS LIKE WE HAD SO MANY PEOPLE OUT OF POSTION IT WAS KILLING ME. Esp the linebackers Lville going to do the same stuff motion TuTu dump it to the flats and we need to be dogs and come to the ball. Now if TUTU is guarded by IVEY you can call it a day bc it will be a long night. He will make him look like he was an unrated no star project we like to get.
The Problem for UL is they have no one to cover Wiggins and Harley who combined for 201 yards on 6 catches last year.

Uhhhhh did you actually watch the game last year? We we're up 35-14 at the half. We were up 52-21 at the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

Yeah we didn't dominate them. GTFOH

Because Miami is totally rebuilt on offense. New starters at QB, RB, WR and three new starters on the offensive line. Running a new offensive system with a new offensive coordinator, offensive line coach and WR coach. Louisville is returning pretty much all their skill players from last year but are replacing both starting tackles on the line including one who was a first round draft pick. It’s really quite simple to understand.
Finally someone who understands the importance of the OL tackles. Can anyone remember how our new LT worked out for us last year?

Advertisement
Back