Real talk about this L-villa game

I don’t see us running for 300, more like 200-220. Think you’re right about King finding Brevin a bunch and throws for over 200. Gonna be an all around solid day from the offense.

There aren’t many teams we have the advantage over in the trenches, on both sides like we do here. We gotta capitalize on that.

We ran for 198 against them last year.

Advertisement
We've heard many times that a team makes it's biggest performance jump from week one to week 2. We're about to find out.

I expect Lashlee to open up the playbook more and he's already shown his ability to adjust during the game. I wouldn't be surprised if Loserville does on D what UAB did last week - throw looks at us that they haven't shown before.

Baker needs to stay the **** away from getting cute. We have the dogs to beat them straight up. Our D-Line should feast and we should be able to see the turnover chain a couple of times.

Advertisement
I just want to see more zone vs this offense...
If predicated on crosses and confusion from OZ play action, if you play zone and send only 3 to 5 plays after the QB we can win easily, if they pass off players the right way.
Stop being cute, this is a game where as a DC its a dream cause you can be aggressive on 1st down and just sit in zone after.

I’m thinking the passing game opens up and King pulls the ball and goes off. Brevin and Mallory catch a few, Wiggins too. All three RBs have solid days. Would love to see another 300 yard rushing game, even more if King goes off.

I expect the defense to struggle. LV has skill players and I’m worried about the Miami secondary. The defense will get its share of TFLs but will be gashed a few times, like every game. The defense will be helped by an offense scoring and holding the ball rather than repeated three-and-outs.

And I hope Hedley has a great day and flips field when he needs to. Make LV drive 70-80-90 for points.
Sounds like an honest evaluation ... good stuff.

Advertisement
I watched the game last night between them and western Kentucky. Lville is very small up front on the D line. We should be running inside on there A..... all night. Linebackers look fast, but if we get that push its another 100+yard night for all the backs. wideouts need to make sure they get out fast and start letting this man get into a flow of throwing the ball.
Def I'm going to be honest watching the game and breaking it down I WAS LIKE WE HAD SO MANY PEOPLE OUT OF POSTION IT WAS KILLING ME. Esp the linebackers Lville going to do the same stuff motion TuTu dump it to the flats and we need to be dogs and come to the ball. Now if TUTU is guarded by IVEY you can call it a day bc it will be a long night. He will make him look like he was an unrated no star project we like to get.

Advertisement
I know how this works....Atwell will score a couple TD's each time making the upside down "U" and then throwing up the "305" hand signal.
And every time he touches the ball we're gonna hear about how he is a miami kid and knows a bunch of guys on the team and we didn't recruit him. They did this a bunch last year, except when he fumbled or lost yards.

We've heard many times that a team makes it's biggest performance jump from week one to week 2. We're about to find out.

I expect Lashlee to open up the playbook more and he's already shown his ability to adjust during the game. I wouldn't be surprised if Loserville does on D what UAB did last week - throw looks at us that they haven't shown before.

Baker needs to stay the **** away from getting cute. We have the dogs to beat them straight up. Our D-Line should feast and we should be able to see the turnover chain a couple of times.
I do not like our OL in pass protection, but because of King this UL defense (although aggressive with their small asses) better respect King's ability to run or this dude might put up 150+ by himself. Our monsters in the backfield are going to hurt some of those little dudes on their front 7. What I look for is for King to have a quiet day passing but yet manage around 250ish with our run game putting up another several hundred.

Defensively we should be fine honestly. Outside of the 3TDs they scored in the 2nd quarter, UL was not impressive at all against WKU...or maybe they didnt want to show very much, who knows, but that was not impressive. Honestly I have no idea why they're ranked aside from the thin field of teams.

I feel like we hold them under 20 on defense, and our boys make an imprint on the CFB world this weekend, heading in the the FSU game with a handful of sack & sh*t talking all week.

Advertisement
I'm sick of hearing about PooPoo AssSmell too and how Scatterfield is the second coming of Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi. They got waxed by every decent team they played last year and smashed by a WR playing QB.

Having said that, I don't know how good we are either, and I don't trust Diaz until he shows me otherwise.

This is exactly how I view it. I also have trust issues with Manny.

The most important game of the year in my opinion. It will tell us much about our defense particularly at LB/CB. We just can’t take the L on Saturday.

I think we win scoring lots of points. We run the ball great again and the TEs feast. King A game arrives and we win by plus 14
agreed on importance of game. CMD is the man on the spot no more showing up flat and unprepared. UL looked faster than us last year tough test for D, not worried about the O crew they will be ready to roll
Baker and D staff not so sure

I think it's a close game at the half but we separate in the 2nf half. Run game >200yards and pass game > 200 yards. Defense gets 2+ sacks and turnovers. Louisville will get theirs but Cane's have too much talent for them to overcome. 38 - 24 Canes.

I hope someone takes tutu’s head off in the first series. I’m so sick of hearing about him and Louisville. We should have no fear of this program. People are acting like they are Clemson it’s nuts. Jarren Williams looked like peyton manning against them last year F&@k them.
They aren't Clemson, but neither was GT, FIU and La. Tech last year.

We have a tendency to play to the level of our competition, and that seems to work the opposite direction as well.

I look at Jon Ford and wonder how the guy isn't one of the most dominant DTs in the nation size wise. Our linebacking core is small and inexperienced, with Zach, our most experienced looking lost thus far. Now we have jr. high school CB depth with a DC learning at this level and a newbie head coach trying to shore up "his" defense.

We "should" beat this team by 7-10 less than last year...but sooo many on here said Vegas was crazy at -16 for UAB and that we were going to destroy them. We have fallen in love with our offensive POTENTIAL and forgotten how much guys like Shaq, Pinck, Rosseau, Garvin, Bandy and Bethel meant to this team by way of experience. Sure, we had our beefs with all of them at some point last year....but it is not addition by subtraction with Baker's scheme.

Advertisement
Back