Real Question Should Golden Redshirt Rashawn Scott or Not?

jandman514

Senior
At 6'2 205 Scott is our most physical WR and can go up and snatch the ball at it's highest point. Before he was suspended the last 3 1/2 games he was our biggest playmaker. I don't think he is fully healed yet and probably won't be until after the season. Golden has a tough decision to make to waste a year on a 70 percent Scott or sit him out and he still has 2 years left. WR core in 2015 could be lethal with a RS SR Scott, SR Waters, JR Coley, RS JR Lewis.. With Langham, Griffin, and most likely Berrios and Dixon as well...

Advertisement
If he's ready and 100% by next week, I say no. You never know who might get hurt or start playing poorly 2 or 3 weeks down the road.

If he's ready and 100% by next week, I say no. You never know who might get hurt or start playing poorly 2 or 3 weeks down the road.

I think I have to agree. If we were looking at a 2 - 3 record or if the NCAA hammers us, maybe you sit him. But we are going for the ACC title and BCS bowl game. If he can contribute, I say play him.

Advertisement
Play him. Immediately. If he can help you beat FSU and/or VT, we go to a place we haven't been in a long time. You don't save those opportunities.

There's no guarantee he would stay 5 years anyways. We can use him down the stretch against FSU, VT etc.

We do not have the depth. We are one injury away from being in a bit of trouble. Lewis is not 100% yet and I do not trust D'Mauri Jones to have to come in against FSU or VTech yet. Scott, when healthy, is not just our most physical receiver but maybe our best.

Advertisement
If he's healthy for UNC that's potentially 9 games he'll play in this year, so, no.

I don't think he is fully healed yet and probably won't be until after the season.

What are you basing that on? Are you his doctor? Serious question.

If you're his doctor, and you think he'll only be 70% based on your orthopedic expertise, then I would shut him down for the season. If you're not his doctor, and his actual doctor says that he's adequately healed, then he needs to play immediately. If he makes 1 play that helps us win 1 game, then it's totally worth playing him. Most of our best opponents are still in front of us.

Advertisement
Play him. Immediately. If he can help you beat FSU and/or VT, we go to a place we haven't been in a long time. You don't save those opportunities.

I sure wish that dumb fck Coker would have played Gore (who wound up not using that extra year he was saving for him anyway) in the Fiesta Bowl because he was ready to go.

I don't think he is fully healed yet and probably won't be until after the season.

What are you basing that on? Are you his doctor? Serious question.

If you're his doctor, and you think he'll only be 70% based on your orthopedic expertise, then I would shut him down for the season. If you're not his doctor, and his actual doctor says that he's adequately healed, then he needs to play immediately. If he makes 1 play that helps us win 1 game, then it's totally worth playing him. Most of our best opponents are still in front of us.

If he is Rashawn's doctor, can he heal that thing in your avatar? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
He's the kind of guy we don't have at WR right now and can really use. He and Morris have great chemistry.

Golden has said multiple times that he is concerned about WR depth. I do not see him red shirting Scott this season; they need the depth.

no. he will be done after next year most likely anyway.

so, our team drs are in the habit of throwing guys out there who aren't "fully" healed and ready to go? so, if they have a fracture and only have the fracture has healed, they clear them? I don't understand.

If he is a top 4 WR on your team, and healthy, yes, play him. We have VT and FSU and hopefully ACCCG and a Bowl coming.

Advertisement
Back