Re-watched the Clemson game

View attachment 134138
This should've been PI and we should've a had a 1st and goal. We score here and it's 17-21 in the 3rd quarter. Different ball game. Not saying we beat them, but if we play our A game and don't commit 15 penalties we can keep it within a score. I want the rematch in Charlotte.

I hear ya, but I saw it more as them pushing us around. They wanted it more. We weren’t ready for them yet. Hoping for a re-match.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
I hear ya, but I saw it more as them pushing us around. They wanted it more. We weren’t ready for them yet. Hoping for a re-match.

Go Canes!
The way I look at it, it's simple. Clemson is THE dominant program in CFB right now. They know how to win. We've been irrelevant for 15 years. Frankly, anyone expecting us to beat them was smoking the kool aid. However, the fact is that we had an opportunity to keep it close and we got screwed on an obvious PI call. They didn't want it more. They knew what they needed to do to win.

Advertisement
View attachment 134138
This should've been PI and we should've a had a 1st and goal. We score here and it's 17-21 in the 3rd quarter. Different ball game. Not saying we beat them, but if we play our A game and don't commit 15 penalties we can keep it within a score. I want the rematch in Charlotte.
Wiggins is weak. That wasn't interference. He flopped and begged for a flag because the DB outfought and whipped him.

Advertisement
He was off balance, but he was clearly pushed to the ground. When a defensive player makes contact with a receiver before the ball has been touched by the receiver, that's PI.
Stop it.

OK if that’s P.I, then Couch got away w P.I all game long against Pitt last week. Lol. That was excellent technique. Had Wiggins showed any strength, he would’ve fought back for the ball, causing the defender to run into him, thus creating P.I. Instead, he tripped...he wasn’t pushed. No one is calling this; this was perfect technique. No jersey, arms, or shoulders were being grabbed or held. He turned back for the ball & reached to know how far the distance was between him & the receiver in connection w/ the projection of the pass. This is literally DB 101.

He was clearly offsides. In fact, he wasn’t the only one offsides that entire drive. Our DL went full ****** and didn’t realize where they were.
It's called WTF we're the coaches doing, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw we had multiple guys lining up offsides, between coach diaz and baker somebody should've caught that!

Wiggins is weak. That wasn't interference. He flopped and begged for a flag because the DB outfought and whipped him.
Too bad we didn't have Pickett throwing that for us instead of King b/c then it definitely would have been caught by Wiggins. Pickett being the heart and soul of our team and all and therefore capable of elevating the crappy play of our WR just by his presence.

Advertisement
That picture is more than enough to have gotten the call. How much more blatant can it get?

Last edited:
1 zillion percent not PI. Absolutely textbook coverage by the corner. You literally cannot play that route any better.

Combine that with Wiggins getting zero separation, the ball thrown too far inside, and Wiggins meekly stumbling, and you get what you got. A pick. And not PI.
Wiggins play makes you forget hes 6 foot 3.

**** is comical

Advertisement
You think we win out & ND loses twice?
Head-to-head competition versus the team with the best overall win percentage and proceeding though the conference.

We play 7 common opponents. If SportSource Analytics is worth their salt they'll analyze those 7 games.
Two played so far, we're up 2-0.

Last edited:
View attachment 134138

bf7584cd086aaabbb32114e2ed6e05e5.gif

Even if Miami was the ACC golden team with a yearly chance at the play offs.. we don't get that call. Miami will never ever never ever get calls like that from ACC refs. never ever. Even if we changed our colors to some gayass color of blue we wouldn't get that call.

Advertisement
Back