Re-watched the Clemson game

Advertisement
1 zillion percent not PI. Absolutely textbook coverage by the corner. You literally cannot play that route any better.

Combine that with Wiggins getting zero separation, the ball thrown too far inside, and Wiggins meekly stumbling, and you get what you got. A pick. And not PI.

If this is PI

giphy9.gif

Then that is PI

When we get embarassed by clearly better teams, I feel like we look hard to find that point in the game when things went south. Just like Clemson the last three times and LSU in that season opener a few years ago, we were just flat out unable to compete with those teams and it was obvious.

Glad we didn't give up on defense this time, but our WRs didn't show any heart and as a whole, we didn't look like we belonged yet. I'm looking forward though and watching for growth each week. At least we grinded through a sloppy win against Pitt and didn't mail it in. That's the first step.

Advertisement
It wasn’t interference because Wiggins fell down instead of fighting for the ball.

Regardless, we aren’t getting that call in a rematch either, we’d have to play perfect and not give the refs any little reason to throw a flag.
A stiff wind can knock Wiggins down. What's funny is Wiggins is already falling before the DB contacts him lol

Advertisement
View attachment 134138
This should've been PI and we should've a had a 1st and goal. We score here and it's 17-21 in the 3rd quarter. Different ball game. Not saying we beat them, but if we play our A game and don't commit 15 penalties we can keep it within a score. I want the rematch in Charlotte.
lol. you're like that crazy ex gf that just never lets go.

Clemson would booty blast us again if we played them again this year. Yes the refs absolutely ruined the game for us multiple times, but we still lose. We had so many self inflicted wounds, and really not enough weapons. When your O line is non existant, causing no pass protection and no run blocking, you literally cannot have an offense. Couple that with the fact that we have ZERO guys stepping up at WR currently, it's just a recepie for disaster.0

With that said, I DO think, had we had a proper spring camp and no COVID to deal with, we would have been at least much more competitive.
Let's see how the boys do against more of these ACC teams, but not ones with top defenses...

View attachment 134138
This should've been PI and we should've a had a 1st and goal. We score here and it's 17-21 in the 3rd quarter. Different ball game. Not saying we beat them, but if we play our A game and don't commit 15 penalties we can keep it within a score. I want the rematch in Charlotte.
lol which one is the reciver and which one the DB again? Wiggins looks deebo'ed next to that guy

Advertisement
Advertisement
View attachment 134138
Why do it 2 yourself! Im sorry but i can't rewatch a canes loss, once i kno we can't win a game im in da dumps and off goes da tv because everybody is gonna be talking **** bout us.

Hate to say it. If both our losses are to Clemson no way we leap frog them even if they squeak by the other games and we beat the rest of the teams on our schedule by double digits.
If both our losses are 2 clemson then that means we already in da acc ship game!

Advertisement
Back