Re-watched 2017 ND game

Does anyone have a picture of the ND fan covering her ears after the Bandy pick...classic....if we build it, we will come

Attachments

• E1424E52-8B96-4382-8217-311C9E71A77E.jpeg
    E1424E52-8B96-4382-8217-311C9E71A77E.jpeg
    509.2 KB · Views: 4
Advertisement
I see your 2017 UM vs ND game...and raise you 1989s UM vs ND game....Never in over 40yrs of going to UM games have I heard such noise...not just the game...but before and after....Loudest game in OB History...Dolphins or Canes....
I have to agree. I was at that game and actually got my one and only tattoo the day after that game, still drunk and in a euphoric haze.

Hard Rock is definitely a home field advantage if you can actually get 35-40k butts in seats. I was there in 2017 with 60k and it was rocking. I was also there this past weekend where the tickets sold was 44k but there was more like 30 but at times it was still getting loud. I know that win first then will come attitude in Miami but the fans can give a little push towards that for home games. I do think all the talk about TVD is helping with people’s interest. Hopefully he beats FSU, I think then the VT game will be a large crowd finally.

Advertisement
I was at the Notre Dame game with the wife and two boys. Definitely created a memory for a lifetime that night.

I also went to our very first acc championship game vs Clemson that year. Not as memorable lol but i rather get to that game as often ads possible no matter what.

See yall Thursday night! Le go UNC!

Not only that, Pickett was a freshman that game and Mandy allowed him to kill us.
Completely ridiculous. Couldn't believe they blew that game but im just glad Miami beat Pickett 4 times in a row to close his career lol

It was one of the most intense home field advantages I've ever witnessed -- and I've been everywhere and to every big Miami game over 40 years. I was in the first row and it's the first time since the Washington game in the OB where the players on the other side looked intimidated before the game started. I think all those players grew up thinking no one goes to Miami games and the shock of the crowd shook them to their bones. That stadium is about as loud as it gets on a night like that.
Spot on. I'm not saying that game would surpass the best/most intense atmospheres at The OB but it's absolutely in the conversation.

Advertisement
Completely ridiculous. Couldn't believe they blew that game but im just glad Miami beat Pickett 4 times in a row to close his career lol

"Mandy allowed him to kill us"

JFC. Pitt averaged 4.66 YPP that day. Just for reference, if you averaged 4.66 YPP allowed in 2021, right now you'd be ranked 9th in the country.

Kenny Pickett's rating that day was 129.35. Just for reference, if you had a rating of 129.35 for the season in 2021, you'd be ranked 89th in the country.

You know what killed us? Our ******* offense. Let's take a gander at this drive log from the game:

PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
TD
PUNT
END OF HALF
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
TD
FUMBLE

Sighhhhhhhh. Does anyone actually watch the games here?

Was there. Bought a West End Zone ticket two months before the game. Had to threaten parking my truck on the side of the road to get my dispatcher to let me get my already agreed upon hometime. Flew out of Madison, WI, outrunning a snowstorm to get back home a day before the game.

Attended the official tailgate party with unlimited drinks. I wasn't slobbering drunk when the game started, but I had a pretty good buzz.

The crowd was nervously excited after the kickoff, but after we scored our first touchdown, almost in unison, the crowd decided to let it's presence known and we got into the game too. The bewilderment and look of horror on the faces of the few Notre Dame fans were glorious. They knew they were the wrong fans, at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

The Bandy interception made my ears ring. I hugged a total stranger and they hugged back.

People were singing 'Its Great To Be A Miami Hurricane' in the restrooms at the half. One particular incident I remember was an ND fan and a Canes fan at the urinal had a contest to see who could **** the longest and fans were roaring in the bathroom with anticipation who would win. xD

After the game, I didn't drive home, I already got reservations to the Olympic Hotel. ND fans were there crying in their beers. I remember overhearing one saying, "I will NEVER see an away game ever again."

...Did I mention that was my first live game?

Last edited:
Advertisement
The constant banging about the stadium is bull. Tbose ND players played at Pedo st, the big house and other huge venues. They said that's the loudest place they ever been. I went to every game except that one. Even the GT game where Langham had the circus catch. It was not full but we were down and they were bleeding the clock and in addition to the rain coming we made so much noise and they didn't have a first down for i don't know but a long period of the 2nd half. Win, compete and fans show up. Stop excusing mediocrity and telling fans to accept it.

It was one of the most intense home field advantages I've ever witnessed -- and I've been everywhere and to every big Miami game over 40 years. I was in the first row and it's the first time since the Washington game in the OB where the players on the other side looked intimidated before the game started. I think all those players grew up thinking no one goes to Miami games and the shock of the crowd shook them to their bones. That stadium is about as loud as it gets on a night like that.
Same, man. And, I feel like I was born in the Orange Bowl's WEZ with gargoyles. My godmother owned one of those "no blockie" buildings. I was there as a tiny kid in the 80s. I remember some of those OBowl night games and FSU games and the Zona game. Then, later, the Washington game, the **** Vick VT game, the Louisville Hester game, etc. All that said...

The Notre Dame game was like 15 years of frustration mixed with enough nostalgia and gunpowder. Hard Rock is a noisy *** place now when it gets max'd out. Even cops in our section at Hard Rock allowed things to happen that they would otherwise stop immediately. ND fans carefully walked out early. Listen, someone in our section admittedly (and confirmed by smell) **** their pants out of excitement in the Bandy Pick-6. That's a true story. It was a surreal experience. I wish stuff like that for all the young Canes fans who haven't had the chance to experience the Canes at the top.

The constant banging about the stadium is bull. Tbose ND players played at Pedo st, the big house and other huge venues. They said that's the loudest place they ever been. I went to every game except that one. Even the GT game where Langham had the circus catch. It was not full but we were down and they were bleeding the clock and in addition to the rain coming we made so much noise and they didn't have a first down for i don't know but a long period of the 2nd half. Win, compete and fans show up. Stop excusing mediocrity and telling fans to accept it.
Even Herbstreit said it was the loudest venue he'd witnessed in recent memory and the 3 weeks prior to that game College Gameday was at a Penn State whiteout against Michigan, at the Horseshoe for OSU against #2 Penn State, and in Stillwater for Oklahoma/OK State.

A game or 2 a year like that ND game and nobody talks about our stadium. But that takes us being relevant and FSU becoming relevant again for when they visit.

FSU next year, Texas A&M in 2023, Florida and ND in 2025. Should all be huge recruiting weekends for us.

Advertisement
Same, man. And, I feel like I was born in the Orange Bowl's WEZ with gargoyles. My godmother owned one of those "no blockie" buildings. I was there as a tiny kid in the 80s. I remember some of those OBowl night games and FSU games and the Zona game. Then, later, the Washington game, the **** Vick VT game, the Louisville Hester game, etc. All that said...

The Notre Dame game was like 15 years of frustration mixed with enough nostalgia and gunpowder. Hard Rock is a noisy *** place now when it gets max'd out. Even cops in our section at Hard Rock allowed things to happen that they would otherwise stop immediately. ND fans carefully walked out early. Listen, someone in our section admittedly (and confirmed by smell) **** their pants out of excitement in the Bandy Pick-6. That's a true story. It was a surreal experience. I wish stuff like that for all the young Canes fans who haven't had the chance to experience the Canes at the top.
Talk about being so happy you could sht.

Our speed in defense sideline to sideline was incredible that game. Trent, JJ and Pic were just awesome

Hard Rock is definitely a home field advantage if you can actually get 35-40k butts in seats. I was there in 2017 with 60k and it was rocking. I was also there this past weekend where the tickets sold was 44k but there was more like 30 but at times it was still getting loud. I know that win first then will come attitude in Miami but the fans can give a little push towards that for home games. I do think all the talk about TVD is helping with people’s interest. Hopefully he beats FSU, I think then the VT game will be a large crowd finally.
Esp if UNC beats Pitt as well

"Mandy allowed him to kill us"

JFC. Pitt averaged 4.66 YPP that day. Just for reference, if you averaged 4.66 YPP allowed in 2021, right now you'd be ranked 9th in the country.

Kenny Pickett's rating that day was 129.35. Just for reference, if you had a rating of 129.35 for the season in 2021, you'd be ranked 89th in the country.

You know what killed us? Our ******* offense. Let's take a gander at this drive log from the game:

PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
TD
PUNT
END OF HALF
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
PUNT
TD
FUMBLE

Sighhhhhhhh. Does anyone actually watch the games here?
Yeah I assume you were referring to the other guy who i responded to. I didn't say manny killed them. I just meant it was completely ridiculous in general for the Miami team to lose to a bad Pitt team with a young QB. The Miami offense was a big part of the problem that day

Advertisement
Back