RBs tipping playcall

JayCane20

Seasoned Vet
Premium
Got a tip passed onto me from an analyst at GT - went back and watched a few drives in the condensed game to see for myself and it is pretty clear

Henry Parrish tips the playcall (run or pass) by his alignment almost every snap. If he's aligned with TVD it's a pass. Every time he's deep behind it is a run. Every pistol alignment I saw was a run. There are a few instances where he's somewhere in the middle like a half step behind and almost every time that was the case you could tell GT had to read the play and we hit a good pass play or he was a more effective runner - including the big pass to Restrepo, big pass to Young, Parrish's 18 yard TD run that got called back.

Chaney doesn't tip as much with his alignment. He's almost always a half step behind TVD. He did get deep a few times and it was a run and he did move up a time or 2 but it was clear passing downs anyway. Makes you wonder if that is why he was so much more effective running compared to Parrish on Saturday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Guess we need better self scouts.
I passed it onto one of our analysts and he said it's a comfortability/timing thing and it's by design and doesn't tip anything. Just how it played out on Saturday.

So there's that.

I'm also not sure if they picked up on it in-game or if they knew it coming into the game. Haven't looked at prior games

With Mario, nothing surprises me anymore
A1JR6XD2dKL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I don't understand why Chaney, Allen, even Johnson didn't get more snaps. Parrish falls down if you touch him with a finger. Chaney was the better rb Saturday up until the fumble.
That's what I told the people with us at the game. If they hold that against Chaney in the coming weeks we're going to be holding our best back out of the game or if it gets to him mentally, he's not going to run as effectively.

Advertisement
That's what I told the people with us at the game. If they hold that against Chaney in the coming weeks we're going to be holding our best back out of the game or if it gets to him mentally, he's not going to run as effectively.
What's the deal with Allen? He's quick, has good vision, runs hard. Why isn't he getting more touches?

What's the deal with Allen? He's quick, has good vision, runs hard. Why isn't he getting more touches?
Earlier in the season someone said they weren't happy with the way he wasn't hitting the hole the play was designed for and a few times it would have been a big play if he did. Running counter designed to hit A or B and he was bouncing it outside or cutting it back across the field. Don't know if that is what caused him to not play at all for 2 games then get like 2 carries Saturday or what but they didn't like it.

I passed it onto one of our analysts and he said it's a comfortability/timing thing and it's by design and doesn't tip anything. Just how it played out on Saturday.

So there's that.

I'm also not sure if they picked up on it in-game or if they knew it coming into the game. Haven't looked at prior games
Thanks for letting them know.

That's an odd reply though. Because even if "it's a comfortability/timing thing and it's by design," that doesn't mean it isn't tipping them off.

I'd like to see if this was the case in any other games. Its definitely something they need to look at.

Advertisement
Got a tip passed onto me from an analyst at GT - went back and watched a few drives in the condensed game to see for myself and it is pretty clear

Henry Parrish tips the playcall (run or pass) by his alignment almost every snap. If he's aligned with TVD it's a pass. Every time he's deep behind it is a run. Every pistol alignment I saw was a run. There are a few instances where he's somewhere in the middle like a half step behind and almost every time that was the case you could tell GT had to read the play and we hit a good pass play or he was a more effective runner - including the big pass to Restrepo, big pass to Young, Parrish's 18 yard TD run that got called back.

Chaney doesn't tip as much with his alignment. He's almost always a half step behind TVD. He did get deep a few times and it was a run and he did move up a time or 2 but it was clear passing downs anyway. Makes you wonder if that is why he was so much more effective running compared to Parrish on Saturday.
i also noticed in the final minute that chaney and tvd and every other offensive player were tipping off that we were running the ball and not taking a knee

So there's that.

Yikes, guy averaged 2.8 yards per carry and you told them GT was honing in on him tipping plays and the Miami guy tells you it’s by design and no biggie?

Doesnt tip anything even though an opposing coach said it was tipping and he ran for 2.8 per carry. Not great Bob!

It's funny during the game I felt like gt knew what we were going to run. Coaches need to get the alignment fixed up quick. Anyone with Decent Analysts pick this up quick. The worst game I can remember was Bama inAtlanta. They might as well have been in our huddle.

Advertisement
Back