RB Update 12:33 PM

I will say it again, and MAYBE Im way off on this, but I SUSPECT, that the staff is MUCH higher on Chestnut that most on here think. I honestly think he was probably always the back up plan to Collins. That may even be why the kid didnt take some of the better offers. Maybe he was always waiting on the call if/when Collins bolted.

Advertisement
I am almost positive that Benard Peirce didnt have 5 stars as a rb when he signed with Temple.

I am almost positive that Benard Peirce didnt have 5 stars as a rb when he signed with Temple.

Pierce was a two star recruit.... getting the crunch time carries towards the end of the season and playoffs because of fumbling ray... Pierce looks like he is going to be a **** of a back in the league

I will say it again, and MAYBE Im way off on this, but I SUSPECT, that the staff is MUCH higher on Chestnut that most on here think. I honestly think he was probably always the back up plan to Collins. That may even be why the kid didnt take some of the better offers. Maybe he was always waiting on the call if/when Collins bolted.

I can tell you Chestnut had been contacted previously...but at the time he wasn't interested because they wanted him to play in the slot. I suspect that has changed.

Advertisement
this guy is a take for me.

This is the kind of player that puts up big seasons for mid level BCS schools and we wonder how he got away.

Productive players at high levels in Florida HS usually end up being productive players in college. Plus, he'd be a depth guy more than likely after next season anyways

btw, who was recruitng Donald Brown out of high school? Terry Richardson put 3 straight UCONN rb's in the nfl. Donald Brown was a 2 or 3 star and is productive when healthy. Jordan Tallman was a 2 star and is on the jags. I am sure they can make something out of Chestnut

A possibility of why Chestnut doesn't have the same recognition as Collins or Green or these other backs could be he didn't do the camp circuit where many of these backs gain multiple stars from these sites that only go see players at these camps....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back