RB Mark Walton new rivals 100 (reclassified)

People are really sleeping on Mark Walton

He was already good and he's taken another step this year.

With Joe Yearby and Mark Walton, Miami will have two of the most instinctive, natural backs in the ACC.

Not including scarlett and williams or are they officially gone?

We'll see. Just mentioned Yearby and Walton because they're similar backs.

By the way, how are the Tornadoes not the national champs? They aren't as good as last year, but they're still better than everyone else.

Advertisement
he was ranked the 2nd best running back in the country for 2016

Only back I would have rated higher than him in 2016 as a prospect if he stayed in that class. Kareem Walker from NJ.

Walton a top back in either 2015 or 2016 regardless. Nice to have him here earlier.

our coach is well respect in jersey i hear

Same school that Jenkins and Hester came from. I don't think we will land Walker at all.

Targets will most likely be

Deon McIntosh - Cardinal Gibbons
Amir Rasul - Coral Gables
Ivan Smith - Columbus
Carlin Fils-Aime - Naples
Tony Jones - IMG Academy

The ones I feel good on would be McIntosh and Smith. I think Rasul is going to be a hard pull regardless of being in our backyard.

Theirs also Keyshawn "Pie" Young from Miami High but I look at him as athlete type, more likely to WR or DB. Thats why I didn't lump him in there.

Ivan Smith brings versatility too, played some safety in the past as well as he mainly plays RB now and could play some receiver.

As far as Smith and Rasul are concerned they are both plan C type backs.Smith has always had good speed and loves the cutback but is afraid to run in between the tackles. Not a tough kid at all.

Rasul is a track kid with horrible change of direction and vision.

Both have bad habits that are hard to break and haven't changed since they were young.

I have no clue why people are so high on Amir. he's always been a track kid playing football

I have no clue why people are so high on Amir. he's always been a track kid playing football

He looked better this year, IMO. He's never going to be Yearby or Duke in terms of being natural but that size and speed will get him big offers.

People are really sleeping on Mark Walton

He was already good and he's taken another step this year.

With Joe Yearby and Mark Walton, Miami will have two of the most instinctive, natural backs in the ACC.

Not including scarlett and williams or are they officially gone?

We'll see. Just mentioned Yearby and Walton because they're similar backs.

By the way, how are the Tornadoes not the national champs? They aren't as good as last year, but they're still better than everyone else.

They definitely have the resume. 3 straight titles and have won 39 straight games. It's ridiculous if you ask me.

Advertisement
Despite my thoughts about Walton needing to bulk up a bit when he gets here. The game he had last night against Bolles. Unreal! 5 TDs in his final high school game and now Booker T Washington has won 40 straight games and another title.

Congrats to that Booker T squad. The Harris's have done a great job with that school. Truly a powerhouse.

As for Walton, I moved him up in my rankings of the 2015&2016 Runningbacks. In the #2 slot with Williams now IMO. Only rate Scarlett and Patrick over Dex and Walt now.

Walton's dominance last night was actually very reminescent of how Duke and Cook in previous years litterally took over the title game in their final high school games.

I dare someone to fight me and say Walton is not Dades best RB.

People made arguments for Cronk who I do like a lot as well.

But I'll take Walton and I've been saying that for a while.

Walton is one of the next great RBs to come out of Dade.

Last edited:
Walton's dominance last night was actually very reminescent of how Duke and Cook in previous years litterally took over the title game in their final high school games.

I dare someone to fight me and say Walton is not Dades best RB.

People made arguments for Cronk who I do like a lot as well.

But I'll take Walton and I've been saying that for a while.

Walton is one of the next great RBs to come out of Dade.

Mark's talent is off the charts, kid amazes me with his skills he doesnt have elite speed but his cuts and decision making makes him super elusive. Walton is a total beast and embodies what you would want in a player both physically and intelligence, thankfully the rumors surroubding him hasnt started.

Advertisement
I used to think that he would redshirt as he is the youngest of the 3 and that I feel he needs to bulk a bit BUT I'll take that back. I can definitely see him having a chance at playing early next year.

Despite not having elite speed. I have always called him a jack of all trades RB. In that he can do it all, he doesn't stand out at being great at one thing, he does everything good which makes him great. Very well balanced.

I love his ability in the pass game too.

RB is not always about being the fastest one or the strongest. It's everything put together. The vision, patience, ability to run between the tackles or take a catch or block.

Walton has a wide skill range, that's what's always stood out to me about him.

Last edited:
His performance last night reminded me of the Cook performance last year. Just beast it!!!

He looked strong and fast, maybe competition, but that's what I saw.

I was also wondering how BTW was not the national champs!!!

Last edited:
I used to think that he would redshirt as he is the youngest of the 3 and that I feel he needs to bulk a bit BUT I'll take that back. I can definitely see him having a chance at playing early next year.

Despite not having elite speed. I have always called him a jack of all trades RB. In that he can do it all, he doesn't stand out at being great at one thing, he does everything good which makes him great. Very well balanced.

RB is not always about being the fastest one or the strongest. It's everything put together. The vision, patience, ability to run between the tackles or take a catch or block.

If all 3 backs stick (Williams, Scarlett, Walton) who do you think redshirts

Advertisement
he was ranked the 2nd best running back in the country for 2016

Only back I would have rated higher than him in 2016 as a prospect if he stayed in that class. Kareem Walker from NJ.

Walton a top back in either 2015 or 2016 regardless. Nice to have him here earlier.

our coach is well respect in jersey i hear

Same school that Jenkins and Hester came from. I don't think we will land Walker at all.

Targets will most likely be

Deon McIntosh - Cardinal Gibbons
Amir Rasul - Coral Gables
Ivan Smith - Columbus
Carlin Fils-Aime - Naples
Tony Jones - IMG Academy

The ones I feel good on would be McIntosh and Smith. I think Rasul is going to be a hard pull regardless of being in our backyard.

Theirs also Keyshawn "Pie" Young from Miami High but I look at him as athlete type, more likely to WR or DB. Thats why I didn't lump him in there.

Ivan Smith brings versatility too, played some safety in the past as well as he mainly plays RB now and could play some receiver.

I sat next to Amir Rasul and his dad at the FSU vs Mia game he is definitely going to be a hard pull he was openly cheering against mia and for FSU at the game

Just give me Walton and Scarlett this cycle skip next and then Burns

Nope. Never works out. Injuries, transfers, "violations of team rules"...gotta stock up every year.

FSU took Freeman, Pender, moved Williams over, took Cook, taking Patrick and still going after Scarlett...that is how you build championship level depth.

Advertisement
Just give me Walton and Scarlett this cycle skip next and then Burns

Wrong. Still gotta recruit. I say at the very least we should take 1 next year. At the most 2.

As cowboy just said injuries, transfers, position moves and many things come into play. The targets as of now for 2016. I listed them a few posts above.

Despite my thoughts on Burns being a freak and the best RB for 2017 and one of my favorite prospects in years. Their is other backs in 2017 in the state that are going to be on the radar too.

jrock I've been saying it, some will question why because he is at coral gables but Rasul will be a tough pull if Miami pursues him.

If all 3 backs stick (Williams, Scarlett, Walton) who do you think redshirts

If I were to pick one. It would be Walton only due to the fact that he is the youngest and must bulk a little.

All 3 could very well play though. I know I know the whole separation thing for class years. You wanna try and save a year for them.

If anyone does redshirt I think Walton but he can definitely play early though.

I expect them to pass over Gus. I also expect Gray to move to WR, he'll probably get some wildcat RB looks but his body and play style looks like WR to me after seeing him this year. Very unorthodox at RB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back