2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Gattis gotta show them something. It starts on Saturday. Everyone is out to see what this offense is going to look like. Jeremiah Smith, JoJo Trader, ****ey, **** even Innis... You want to pull these 5* kids at WR and you better make **** well sure you can prove to them that your system can get them into the 1st round like OSUs and Bamas of the world.

Fletcher I think we can slowly make our way back into his good graces. We F'd up. Time to show him that and make amends.

Advertisement
Saw Ivins said we are working to flip Innis and Fletcher
Gattis simply has to air it out to the WRs. I've read that he's either a great OC or a few articles saying he's not good at all and wasn't responsible for the turnaround at UM last year (granted it was Michigan insiders and Zach Smith).

I'm definitely optimistic but I want to see it on the field and really see what this offense is like. If it's exciting, i expect to see the WR recruiting pick up big-time.

****, that’s unexpected. I realize it’s their job to report this stuff, but I watch a lot of their stuff and I don’t think they would have even mentioned it if there wasn’t a legit chance behind the scenes. It’s definitely a longer shot for Innis IMO, but get them on an OV and win around 10+? Who knows
Agreed the smoke there seems to be getting bigger

FIFY. Kid loves the buckeyes.
He loved them so much he was committed to OU then everyone had him crystal balled to USC and then he fell in love with Ohio St. Anything is possible if we have a good season and recruit the **** out of the kid. Not many players from South Florida go up there and kill it. Challenge the kid to be a trendsetter and stay home. Miami has done their part and invested heavily in the program. Stop being a follower and be an alpha and buck the trend and stay home. If he is successful here he becomes a legend at Ohio St he will be forgotten. Become the next Michael Andre or Santana.

Advertisement
Gattis simply has to air it out to the WRs. I've read that he's either a great OC or a few articles saying he's not good at all and wasn't responsible for the turnaround at UM last year (granted it was Michigan insiders and Zach Smith).

I'm definitely optimistic but I want to see it on the field and really see what this offense is like. If it's exciting, i expect to see the WR recruiting pick up big-time.
Bit of a catch-22 since we may not currently have the WRs to air it out in order to convince the WRs that we want to commit so we can air it out in the future.

Mario just doesnt give up and wont. This guy is relentless. I dont expect him to land Innis but expect Mario to do this with every one and for the results to pay off. You saw it last year with Citizen and Moss. We will have a player or two that comes out of left field every year because Mario just wont quit when everyone else either moved on or didnt even think we could possibly have any traction.

Advertisement
Have an extremely hard time seeing us truly having any traction with Innis unless we do something completely unexpected in the passing game. Obviously keep pushing, but I doubt that happens. Fletcher much more likely, think a trip to Charlotte could make it tough for him. These kids aren’t jumping off board of a playoff team unless they have a **** good reason.

If OSU WRs don't blow up and we have just 1 guy who does, I could see Innis thinking about us..

that said, he seemed to barely consider us (Oklahoma, then USC seemed like where he was headed) when we had Lashlee/Van Dyke who was a very WR friendly offense, so I don't know what kind of traction we could get with him..

Fletcher is almost to the point that I expect him in this class.. that's how much I believe in Mario's recruiting....

Advertisement
I like that we aren't rolling over and throwing in the towel like plenty of prior staffs.
This is why i love this staff. Thankfully they aren't like the sector of the fanbase that just says "south florida diva, don't pay attention unless they love us immediately". We gotta keep working these kids cause in reality, looking at 20 years, theres no reason to blame these kids for picking some of these others teams.

Last edited:
If OSU WRs don't blow up and we have just 1 guy who does, I could see Innis thinking about us..

that said, he seemed to barely consider us (Oklahoma, then USC seemed like where he was headed) when we had Lashlee/Van Dyke who was a very WR friendly offense, so I don't know what kind of traction we could get with him..

Fletcher is almost to the point that I expect him in this class.. that's how much I believe in Mario's recruiting....
That IF though…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back