2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Elite vs Generational using NFL QBs since the 80s taking into account talent and production

Elite: Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre, Jim Kelly, Dan Marino and others (young bucks excluded because you should have the full body of work to pass judgement)

Generational: Joe Montana and Tom Brady
This is just dumb cause Peyton Manning has 5 League MVPs and 2 SB wins lol yet he isn't a generational talent. Who was every QB compare to coming out of College? "He's the next Peyton"... Aaron Rodgers 4 MVPs including back to back and is the most efficient QB like ever.

At the end of the day y'all just try to make semantical argument even though nobody truly takes the word generational literally. Your definition of generational for qbs seems to solely be about how many SBs they won as you say Dan Marino wasn't a generational QB. That just shows your argument is bad

This is just dumb cause Peyton Manning has 5 League MVPs and 2 SB wins lol yet he isn't a generational talent. Who was every QB compare to coming out of College? "He's the next Peyton"... Aaron Rodgers 4 MVPs including back to back and is the most efficient QB like ever.

At the end of the day y'all just try to make semantical argument even though nobody truly takes the word generational literally. Your definition of generational for qbs seems to solely be about how many SBs they won as you say Dan Marino wasn't a generational QB. That just shows your argument is bad
I'm a huge dolphin and Marino fan. He had magical ability. He won zero SBs and would have to be argued in to the top 5 of his own generation. Many fans today aren't even aware of how good he actually was, which is sad but true. His career was stunning if you lived through it and saw it close up but his statistical accomplishments have been overshadowed in the modern era and all that's left is the post season record.

Nobody has to argue about the level of player generational is meant to signify. Manning and Rodgers played in the Brady era. All they accomplished is compared to him. The reason nobody says oh he's the next Brady is because noone is dumb enough to think a player of his caliber is likely to come along and it would be foolish to project any kid at that level.

That's a legit barometer for the type of player we are talking about. If the player is so good you can't even consider comparing a prospect to him because it is laughable to think its possible someone can compare then that is a generational player.

To me generational means once in a 20 to 30 year span. That is my definition but it doesn't have to be yours.

I fully understand your position. You want to use generational to describe any player with physical traits that can be utilized to achieve a particular level of greatness. I believe this superlative should only be used on players who have actually harnessed their talent and dominated at the highest levels in a way that is unbelievable. On this point we can disagree and leave it at that.

Advertisement

Anyone who says Marino wasn't a generational QB needs to hang it up and go watch golf. I saw every game Marino ever played from day 1 and he's the best pure passer ever. It's not his fault the GM's couldn't get him a RB worth a dam.

Anyone who says Marino wasn't a generational QB needs to hang it up and go watch golf. I saw every game Marino ever played from day 1 and he's the best pure passer ever. It's not his fault the GM's couldn't get him a RB worth a dam.
They couldn’t get him a lot of things. His incredible career was wasted in that garbage.

Advertisement
Any update on fletcher or just apex/generational ***** discussion/Phins?
Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
The records that guys like Brady, Manning, and Brees were breaking in their time all belonged to Marino. Silly to not call him generational
There can be multiple guys at a position that are generational but they have to be special. I think Marino and Montana were generational. The issues become when you add too many players. To me Marino, Montana, Brady and Manning are shoe ins as generational players. Players like Brees, Rodgers and Elway are right there as well but, debatable. Players like Young, Farve and Ben are not.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back