2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not for me....I think Baxter & Young are both better than Fletcher...
I agree, but the question is can we get both? Everyone seems to have slotted Fletcher in as RB2 because pulling both Young and Baxter would seem unlikely

As for who i would take, i would like Young and Baxter. They are both big and fast players. All rounded backs. Can do everything. Run some wildcat with both in the backfield. I have no handle on Young's leanings but it seems Bama has zeroed in on him and that's a tough fight at this time with their recent history. So Fletcher and Baxter is a good combo for me. With the type of coach Mario is, he would love to use a player like Fletcher and pound people into submission.

Advertisement
Keep recruiting him obviously but if this is ultimately Fletcher’s decision and we’re recruiting him just as hard as the other 2 then it shows why casting that wide net is necessary.

For the last decade we’ve seen kids for whatever reason leave South Florida for programs they find more attractive. We need to start being that program for other regions nationally. There are states like Virginia where FSU, Penn State and Ohio State have had success despite proximity so they’re out there for the taking. Shoot we’ve had success in Vegas.

Mario is making the most appealing version of the Miami Hurricanes that we’ve seen in a long time and if homegrown kids continue to go elsewhere it just speaks more about the game today. But there are players everywhere and I trust him to find them. Give your best go at our guys first and if they’re trippin keep searching.

I dont know who the guys will be at the end in February but there’s going to be some names we don’t know today and I think he’ll get it done.

Fletcher is an incoming freshman at American Heritage. At 6-1 185, Fletcher has an impressive ultra-early offer list, including bids from Alabama, UGA, South Carolina, and WVU

Reminds me of Cane Mark Rush RB , not many here can remember Mark but he was a force in backfield with breakaway speed.

Any old folk remember Mark ?

GOCANES

Advertisement
It’s been mentioned OSU is going after a lot of Florida skill guys the next two cycles. Getting one in makes it easier for the other dominoes to fall.

OSU has produced better RBs than us lately and it sounds like he knows he's not our top priority as well.

Would love to get him and Baxter but regardless a lot of time left.

Meme Reaction GIF by Silicon Valley
the black album help GIF by Weezer
My man was racking up those flyer miles

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Fletcher is a stud, so we need to keep recruiting him hard regardless, BUT I think we should turn up the heat on Roderick Robinson if the OSU Fletcher smoke is real.
We also have to remember that this is basically still the 1st quarter of the cycle. 1) Even with Mario being the beast he is, we weren't going to just jog to the ridiculous class being forecasted. We are no longer recruiting kids the big boys dont want. 2) Kids will emerge, fade and re-emerge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back