2023 RB Mark Fletcher (commits to OSU* & De-Commits)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting man drops crystal ball with 5 confidence and the board goes into chaos. Lol. "We not recruiting him, players are ahead of him, Its NIL". All manner of mularky. U man really need a chill pill. Cristobal bringing in all these kids to visit really got some of you on the ropes. If yall think we gonna stop recruiting top kids in our backyard from schools thats constantly loaded with players. Please follow Manny to Penn St.

Advertisement
Recruiting man drops crystal ball with 5 confidence and the board goes into chaos. Lol. "We not recruiting him, players are ahead of him, Its NIL". All manner of mularky. U man really need a chill pill. Cristobal bringing in all these kids to visit really got some of you on the ropes. If yall think we gonna stop recruiting top kids in our backyard from schools thats constantly loaded with players. Please follow Manny to Penn St.

Glad someone else said it. I get attacked for saying some have more excuses than a mf on death row. Long way to go here w this kid regardless.

Everybody in here needs a breather. This looks more like us having higher priorities on the RB board than fletcher.
I have no idea if that’s true, but it sure feels that way. The kid is really good, but he’s not somebody you sell the farm for IMO.

I have no idea if that’s true, but it sure feels that way. The kid is really good, but he’s not somebody you sell the farm for IMO.

Just out of curiosity, who do you all think are the higher priorities besides Baxter/Young?

Also, where does the change occur from us simply pursuing a local productive stud that literally is the epitome of Mario’s style, to “selling the farm for” someone?

Advertisement
Just out of curiosity, who do you all think are the higher priorities besides Baxter/Young?

Also, where does the change occur from us simply pursuing a local productive stud that literally is the epitome of Mario’s style, to “selling the farm for” someone?
I think the Young ship has sailed, so it’s Baxter at #1. Do I think Fletcher has a spot in this class if he wants in? Absolutely. And if Baxter goes another way, I think then it’ll be Fletcher or bust.

But as far as “selling the farm,” I mean it as in right now, it doesn’t seem like Fletcher is to Mario, what Michael Johnson Jr was to little Richt. I think Mario has more immediate needs to fill for this next class, that supersede Fletcher.

To put it plainly, Mario would’ve traded anybody except for maybe Kelly, for Shemar. I don’t see him trading a high end defensive player or O lineman for Fletcher, this year.

Last edited:
Or they‘ve decided to only take one and it’s Baxter….

Advertisement
Everybody keeps saying that. We have 6 on roster and none are leaving any soon unless Chaney goes nuts. Where is that even coming from? It makes no sense.
Things have a way of working themselves out. Two is the number as it stands right now. So, you got me thinking and on last years Oregon roster, Mario had 10 RB’s. I don’t know how many were on a ride, but that gives a little insight into the value Mario places on the position. We currently have six to your previous point of note.

Last edited:
I think the Young ship has sailed, so it’s Baxter at #1. Do I think Fletcher has a spot in this class if he wants in? Absolutely. And if Baxter goes another way, I think then it’ll be Fletcher or bust.

But as far as “selling the farm,” I mean it as in right now, it doesn’t seem like Fletcher is to Mario, what Michael Johnson Jr was to little Richt. I think Mario has more immediate needs to fill for this next class, that supersede Fletcher.

To put it plainly, Mario would’ve traded anybody except for maybe Kelly, for Shemar. I don’t see him trading a high end defensive player or O lineman for Fletcher, this year.
Meme Reaction GIF by Silicon Valley
the black album help GIF by Weezer

Advertisement
young recruitment has been very quiet this spring. Not sure if he’s made any additional visits, hasn’t been back since elite day. I trust Kevin Smith and his recruiting though so I’m not worried.

Everybody in here needs a breather. This looks more like us having higher priorities on the RB board than fletcher.
Agree. Interesting timing with Baxter at our place. My first thought.

Both of these horses is the goal IMO.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love Fletcher's game and what kind of runner he is. Mario wants a physical running game, and this kid gives you a big back with ability.

I may be in the minority but I would rather take Baxter/Fletcher or Young/Fletcher than Baxter/Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back