RB Girard Pringle commits to Miami

View as article
Chris Johnson is on a different level.

Pringle ran 10.5 hand time so take it with a grain of salt. He still clocked 10.8 as a sophomore and the film matches that at least. As a track guy though I simply can’t take Hand times seriously. Still plenty of time to improve on that 10.8. My guess is that he’ll get down to 10.6-10.7 range which is plenty fast.
On athletic.net it says 10.56a do you know what that means? https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/540743/results/m/1/100m

Advertisement
On athletic.net it says 10.56a do you know what that means? https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/540743/results/m/1/100m
The official track and field website is TFRRS. Athletic.net and milesplit are not always accurate.

Here’s the race. The lower case h stands for hand time. That time is not an official time and would not be counted towards any qualifying meets. Whoever organized the meet needs to do better. There’s no excuse for not having fully automated timing. It hurts the kids.

Two problems. Hand time and no wind gauge smh

The official track and field website is TFRRS. Athletic.net and milesplit are not always accurate.

Here’s the race. The lower case h stands for hand time. That time is not an official time and would not be counted towards any qualifying meets. Whoever organized the meet needs to do better. There’s no excuse for not having fully automated timing. It hurts the kids.

Two problems. Hand time and no wind gauge smh
Athletic.net is the most official site in the country. They likely used the FAT adjustment method by adding .6 to his 10.5....Chris Johnson ran wind aided times throughout his entire senior year....his last three 10.25 (2.5) , 10.45 (0.7), 10.48. (0.8) were all technically in the 10.5 range....

Donavon Terry ran 10.52 (0.5) shortly after posting 10.4 in the same race Pringle ran 10.5 according to TFRRS... 10.6 or 10.7 isn't that far from 10.5.....let's see how Pringle does once the season heats up....it's still early like you said lets give him time to improve his HS times....

Last edited:
I said the same about

Byron cowart
Torrey Davis
Matt patchan
Matt Jones
Warren Thompson
Malcolm Lamar
Leon Mcquay

Etc etc

Idk what happens to these dudes once they put that blue armwood jersey on but they are phenomenal in HS and in college it never works out. I think some sicko put a curse on em, probably that old coach from Tampa plant Weiner

Gotta get some sage around this young jit after his final game to get that juju off em
Agiye Hall Wr also is an armwood kid smh.

For some reason......

I like this kid a lot though

Advertisement
The Armwood curse is real, however I would say that for RB's it's a lot easier to transition in college.

Jerome Ford is actually doing pretty well in the league with the Browns.

Matt Jones was destined to be a bust. He was overrated coming out of HS & was just a big slow lumbering RB with 4.6 speed.

Pringle is a legit Speedster & has very good wiggle & smooth footwork. He’s not going to be asked to be a bellcow back that gets 25+ carries a game, he'll be a change of pace back with homerun hitting capabilities in a committee. In that role he should be just fine.

We're probably not ever going to have a RB that just gets all the carries & has the bulk of the workload. Mario doesn't really believe in that style, he always has a RB committee.

Go back & check his tenure at Oregon, he usually had 3 backs with over 300-400yds a piece. Even when he had CJ Verdell the 2nd & 3rd backs would get 100 carries.

As long as we have a viable passing offense that doesn't allow for Defenses to stack the box, the run game will be fine & the RB's will pretty much be interchangeable.

Athletic.net is the most official site in the country. They likely used the FAT adjustment method by adding .6 to his 10.5....Chris Johnson ran wind aided times throughout his entire senior year....his last three 10.25 (2.5) , 10.45 (0.7), 10.48. (0.8) were all technically in the 10.5 range....

Donavon Terry ran 10.52 (0.5) shortly after posting 10.4 in the same race Pringle ran 10.5 according to TFRRS... 10.6 or 10.7 isn't that far from 10.5.....let's see how Pringle does once the season heats up....it's still early like you said lets give him time to improve his HS times....
I ran track in college and the official site for all ncaa, juco, naia schools is TFRRS. I promise you I’m not making this up. That’s why TFRRS has no pay wall and is fully transparent.

You can’t use FAT adjustments to hand times that’s not a thing.

Agiye Hall Wr also is an armwood kid smh.

For some reason......

I like this kid a lot though

Completely forgot about him, think he went to about 3-4 different HS’s those which in hindsight was prolly a pretty big foreshadowing to his college career

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back