1714360433601.gif

1714360462211.gif

1714360488808.gif

1714360526155.gif

1714360544522.gif

1714360571996.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
@bshaw28 Curious as to who your comp is for Martinez?

Mine is Chuba Hubbard.
I prefer talent-level vs style comps - and there I completely I agree with you. IMO Martinez has legit lower-end starting NFL RB ability like Hubbard.

But Hubbard is 210/4.48 where as Martinez is more a 230/4.60 type.

I think of Martinez as more of a highly effective North/South thumper - like a Carlos Hyde or Samaje Perine.

He's a big time get and I think he'll have a monster year & go pro. Even if Fletcher is 100% healthy - Martinez will be the alpha in the RB room. He's going to be fun to watch.

I prefer talent-level vs style comps - and there I completely I agree with you. IMO Martinez has legit lower-end starting NFL RB ability like Hubbard.

I think of Martinez as more of a highly effective North/South thumper - like a Carlos Hyde or Samaje Perine.

He's a big time get and I think he'll have a monster year & go pro. Even if Fletcher is 100% healthy - Martinez will be the alpha in the RB room. He's going to be fun to watch.
Carlos Hyde is a great comp. Very underrated career. Not an all pro or anything but he had some good seasons for some terrible teams in the NFL

Advertisement
@bshaw28 Curious as to who your comp is for Martinez?

Mine is Chuba Hubbard.

I have tons of respect for you both but I don't know know about the Chuba comparison. I had a chance to watch Chuba a few times in HS as I lived about 20 mins from his hometown. He was a legit sub 11 100m track sprinter. He's developed the power to his game in college but he's got legit long speed. You Americans always think we're slow up here lol

I just dont see Martinez breaking many long runs. I only caught a few ORst games last year (and truthfully I watched more to see how DJ U was progressing) and I came away impressed by Martinez's ability to run in heavy boxes.

At Miami, Martinez will be surrounded by too much talent for teams to simply just load the box on us. I'm hoping he can be our Eddie Lacy (Bama's Eddie Lacy). A true power back that makes the first miss.

Advertisement
Interesting note on Martinez per Matt Shodell of Canesport:

Martinez is still finishing up his credits at Oregon State so he won't be able to enroll until Summer B - June 17th. Because of that he isn't allowed in the facility. He will be working out/training up in Tampa at House of Athletes until he can enroll at Miami....

Interesting note on Martinez per Matt Shodell of Canesport:

Martinez is still finishing up his credits at Oregon State so he won't be able to enroll until Summer B - June 17th. Because of that he isn't allowed in the facility. He will be working out/training up in Tampa at House of Athletes until he can enroll at Miami....

Good intel. Any specifics on why in Tampa?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back