RB Damien Martinez enters the Portal

Advertisement
Lol touche. Receiving yards should still be counted. 5YPT in 22 games ain’t as bad as you make it seem. You still didn’t acknowledge the OL discrepancy. Also didn’t add in that if Walton didn’t get hurt in 17 he was going for 1600 yards.

The injury vs Toledo screwed us. He wasn’t healthy vs Duke or FSU

Yes, receiving yards should always be added in. Yards are yards, it’s like not including Lamar Jackson’s rushing yards when giving his stats.
Firm believer if Mark Walton had the OL UM had last year he would’ve been 1st team all-acc and been a 1800 total yard back.

You have an easy time defending Walton - but the problem is your defense is terrible.

I'd respect you if you said something like:

"Walton's stats against P5 & NFL teams were pretty bad, but I liked him, and he was a 4th Rd pick, so the NFL and a lot of other smart did to".

But you refuse to even acknowledge his stats.

Instead you make this "Zach Wilson was a 1st RD pick and started 33 games the last 3 years - therefore he's a talented QB" type argument. Is it a good argument? No. Is it all you got? Pretty much.

Again - The Mark Walton Paradox will always be this:

Do you have the ability to understand / acknowledge / accept the fact that Walton put up all his numbers against weak teams?

@DMoney - you've made it very clear you do not have that ability. But I'm still rooting for you!
Most of our running backs put up their numbers against weak teams the last 20 years.
1000000898.gif

Seeing this I think less of Walton and Martinez and a whole lot more of Homer.

I wonder if we'll ever have a big time backfield again. Certainly had some great talents over the last 20+ terrible years.

Before he got hurt Tyrone Moss in 05 was the last time we had a back that could take over any game by himself. Some guys had good games here or there but no one you could lean on at any instant and absolutely get results.
Duke? Lamar Miller would also fit that category

Advertisement
You have an easy time defending Walton - but the problem is your defense is terrible.

"Walton's stats against P5 & NFL teams were pretty bad, but I liked him, and he was a 4th Rd pick, so the NFL and a lot of other smart did to".

Instead you make this "Zach Wilson was a 1st RD pick and started 33 games the last 3 years - therefore he's a talented QB" type argument. Is it a good argument? No. Is it all you got? Pretty much.

Do you have the ability to understand / acknowledge / accept the fact that Walton put up all his numbers against weak teams?

@DMoney - you've made it very clear you do not have that ability.
The last time we saw Walton, he was starting for an NFL team.

Every time we see you, no matter the topic, you write 7,000 words to convince yourself that Walton was a below-average college back.

If you can’t see it now, you never will.

Advertisement
Seeing this I think less of Walton and Martinez and a whole lot more of Homer.

I wonder if we'll ever have a big time backfield again. Certainly had some great talents over the last 20+ terrible years.

Before he got hurt Tyrone Moss in 05 was the last time we had a back that could take over any game by himself. Some guys had good games here or there but no one you could lean on at any instant and absolutely get results.
Lamar Miller was way better than Tyrone Moss.

Lamar Miller was way better than Tyrone Moss.
I never said he wasn't. I just don't remember another running back that would impact games the way Tyrone did in '05. If he didn't blow out his knee we don't lose to Georgia GT. We probably win the conference. We go to BCS game against the team that may still win but probably won't have the terrible kind of mismatch we had against LSU. Larry Coker coaches another 4 years. **** that didn't go where I wanted it to ...

The top rush defense he faced was UCLA, which was #10. He rushed for 6.0 yards per carry, for 90 yards. I personally don't think total yards rushing is as important as yards per carry as the RB can't control the play calling or how many carries he gets. The next top D was Utah, #13, he rushed for 4.1 yards per carry. Not spectacular, but still solid. OSU won that game 21-7, was a pretty good defensive battle. SJSU was the next best at #42. He rushed for 8.1 yards per carry (145 yards). Nat champ runner up UW, was #96 in rush D and he ran for a very good 4.7 yards per carry (123 yards, 2TDs). I think he's only going to get stronger his junior year. I personally think he is one of the top RBs in the country, but more importantly compliments what Mario does on offense extremely well.
Are you ok?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Advertisement
Advertisement
Someone tldr this for me, what was decided in the past 10 pages, Martinez is somewhere between Mark Walton and Barry Sanders or what?

I still remember Duke’s first game at BC. Was the best player on the field from DAY ONE. He was DIFFERENT! I was at the Ohio St game when Lamar housed the Kick Return. Two of my favorite Backs for sure.
I was at the BC game lol, I'm sure not quite as bad *** as the OSU game, altho we lost if I recall. Whipple and Shannon arguing on the sidelines comes to mind as well.

The last time we saw Walton, he was starting for an NFL team.

Every time we see you, no matter the topic, you write 7,000 words to convince yourself that Walton was a below-average college back.

If you can’t see it now, you never will.
You may need the law offices of Anidjar & Levine Accident Attorneys to defend you from that assault charge I mean “accident” @DMoney

@DMoney - you've made it very clear you do not have that ability.

I know Walton had to have smashed your mom. It’s the only explanation for this ongoing vendetta that you’ve had for years against him. You’re always looking for opportunities to badmouth a guy from what? 10 years ago? Only thing I have to say about Walton is I hope he gets better because he has major issues. But yeah, let’s post about his P5 rushing average for the 1000th time.

Advertisement
Back