RB Damien Martinez enters the Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Too soon for that
Maybe he takes the visits but i highly doubt he commits to anyone but Miami. We really have no competition...

Kentucky? Nah
Mississippi State? Nah
Arizona? Nah

The only competition was Tennessee and Michigan State. Tennessee isn't happening and we haven't heard anything about Michigan State.

Maybe he takes the visits but i highly doubt he commits to anyone but Miami. We really have no competition...

Kentucky? Nah
Mississippi State? Nah
Arizona? Nah

The only competition was Tennessee and Michigan State. Tennessee isn't happening and we haven't heard anything about Michigan State.
Let’s see if anyone tries to jump in now that the Tennessee visit is off

Kentucky? Nah
Mississippi State? Nah
Arizona? Nah

Kentucky I could understand if the NIL is close. They’ve been a better program than UM the last 10 years. I still think it’ll be UM but you almost hope news leaks that Kentucky is fine where they are at so the NIL price doesn’t go bonkers

Advertisement

Kentucky? Nah
Mississippi State? Nah
Arizona? Nah

Doesn't Kentucky already have a featured back? Who tf wants to live in Mississippi? Arizona just lost their coach and half their team....Cane lock

Posters think a Cedric Baxter type RB is jumping in the portal so they are trying to talk themselves out of Martinez. Like many have said, dont overthink this, if we get Martinez, we are in pole position to be in the ACC title game.

Advertisement
Posters think a Cedric Baxter type RB is jumping in the portal so they are trying to talk themselves out of Martinez. Like many have said, dont overthink this, if we get Martinez, we are in pole position to be in the ACC title game.
We’d have the best QB in the ACC, the best back in the ACC, a top 3 WR in the ACC (conservatively), a top 5 ish pass rusher in the ACC…

It’s more than enough to expect an ACCCG appearance, even if we don’t add #1’s at CB or DT. That’s not saying we don’t need them…because we VERY MUCH do. But the offense in particular…Yeesh that’s scary on paper. Then it’s up to Mario and the coordinators to put them in advantageous positions.

We’d have the best QB in the ACC, the best back in the ACC, a top 3 WR in the ACC (conservatively), a top 5 ish pass rusher in the ACC…

It’s more than enough to expect an ACCCG appearance, even if we don’t add #1’s at CB or DT. That’s not saying we don’t need them…because we VERY MUCH do. But the offense in particular…Yeesh that’s scary on paper.
Scary on paper sums up the last 20 years.

It’s more than enough to expect an ACCCG appearance, even if we don’t add #1’s at CB or DT. That’s not saying we don’t need them…because we VERY MUCH do. But the offense in particular…Yeesh that’s scary on paper. Then it’s up to Mario and the coordinators to put them in advantageous positions.

Now’s the time for Shannon Dawson to take advantage of this roster on offense. If wants to turn this into a HC job.

Advertisement
Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. Miami can win 10+ games with Martinez and Ward as the starting backfield, with some of the youngsters filling in as needed. Still would want another RB to split carries, but Martinez is a workhorse back.

Advertisement
Back