RB Damien Martinez enters the Portal

Advertisement
Gus’ numbers were better with Coley than Richt. He was statistically below average at Rutgers too but he just got more carries.
Gus ironically was back practicing in Spring 6 months after his lisfranc.

No one seems to mention under Richt he was playing 12 months removed from lisfranc. But 10 years later people are acting like Fletcher's lisfranc is a death sentence.

Rutgers was also the worst offense in college football.

If people are going to adjust/reduce what Gus did at Miami by saying "he ran behind an NFL OL", then they should also adjust/increase his stats at Rutgers.

The most important thing with Martinez and NIL is not a specific dollar amount.

It's the fact that Miami ACTUALLY PAYS its NIL. It's not illusory. It's not a broken promise.
I've been telling my buddies for a while now that this is Miami's trump card. Our money is GOOD. That kind of trust goes a long way, especially with money makin, up-to-something-szn type of players we need to be after to get to where we want to.

Gus ironically was back practicing in Spring 6 months after his lisfranc.

No one seems to mention under Richt he was playing 12 months removed from lisfranc. But 10 years later people are acting like Fletcher's lisfranc is a death sentence.

Rutgers was also the worst offense in college football.

If people are going to adjust/reduce what Gus did at Miami by saying "he ran behind an NFL OL", then they should also adjust/increase his stats at Rutgers.
Cool. He was better at Miami under Coley than under Richt or at Rutgers. He probably shouldn’t have transferred to a school that couldn’t block for him.

People need to remember as well that with Parrish leaving Fletcher is the most experienced returning rusher and he likely is missing at least a part of the season. Martinez at worst gives you an experienced guy to lead that room who also happens to be really good at RB. He might not break a bunch of 75 yard runs but he will move the chains and he essentially is what you hope Fletcher develops into. Guys like Johnson and Humphries are the speed backs that come in after this guy wears the defense down to break the long runs.
Uhhhhh No AJ Allen is the most experienced RB but Fletcher is better IMO.

Advertisement
It’s always tough to judge backs that only get a couple of carries per game. It wasn’t that long ago you would watch a game and the more a back got the ball the better they got as they found their rhythm

Not saying Allen is some elite back but also felt last year I really have no idea what to make of him. I think how we used that room last year was absurd but then again I guess it’s what you do when you don’t have a true #1 back either

Advertisement
It’s always tough to judge backs that only get a couple of carries per game. It wasn’t that long ago you would watch a game and the more a back got the ball the better they got as they found their rhythm

Not saying Allen is some elite back but also felt last year I really have no idea what to make of him. I think how we used that room last year was absurd but then again I guess it’s what you do when you don’t have a true #1 back either
I believe Allen is better than what we’ve (fans) have seen. He never got into a consistent rhythm.

This kid is who some of you guys claim Mark Fletcher is. He’s version 2.0. If you like Fletcher you should begging this kid to come here and replace him this year.

Advertisement
I was looking it based on number of carries not years in college. It isn't by much but Fletcher had more carries in 1 year then Allen in 2. Regardless if Fletcher misses time this year you are left with just Allen who has any real college experience so definitely need to add someone with experience and talent whether it be Martinez or someone else.

It was weird how we used him. I agree

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back