Raymond/Banda - Trippin or on to something

I keep telling people on this board that we bash our team constantly while never pointing out the huge number of four and five star busts that never made the league after they go to the SEC. But these kids and the recruiters from other teams want to point out these draft picks from all these kids that were number one in the position number two in their position and basically got to these campuses and balled out and started from day one.

Advertisement
There are a couple of dudes on that list for Raymond that are better than any safety we have had since at least Kenny Phillips. I mean Adams, Battle, Mathieu. Come on now those dudes are legit studs no doubt. Compare starters vs depth guys... How many safeties do we have starting in the league right now? Rayshawn Jenkins? Does he start? Bush has been passed up, Jaquan is not starting, Redwine? is he starting? Where as Adams could very well set the market for safeties, Mathieu is a stud in the league. Its ok, we are just not at that level right now. We will get there.... eventually lol

Whoever his coke dealer is needs to step on the package & stop dropping that pure uncut premo shìt out there because it's too potent & ****** up peoples minds...

You have to be higher than a NASA space station to believe that shìt.

All I got from the OP was both Banda and Raymond suck as coaches, because if they are on the same level it’s the Sucks at coaching level

Advertisement
Yeah....are we really comparing Banda who only coaches safeties and the highest guy he got drafted is Redwine in the 4th round, to Raymond who's put out multiple 1st rounders and coaches the entire secondary at LSU?

Please tell me we're not doing this. I like that Banda pulled off the shocker by snagging Avantae on Wednesday, but he has miles to go in terms of catching Raymond.
I wouldn’t go as far as comparing him to Raymond.
But I don’t understand why everybody gives him credit for the kid he gets drafted why completely ignoring way more kids that never saw the league and were as highly rated as the ones he did put in the league.
It’s always an excuse for every other team but never for us. When another team gets a four or a five star and he doesn’t make the league or get drafted it’s always the players fault because he didn’t develop or didn’t have the right mindset or it was an injury or he wasn’t focused he couldn’t grasp the defense. When its us it’s always a coaches fault and it’s always poor evaluation or scheme or any other excuse.
look how good Bubba Bolden looked out there in the few games he played especially with all the time off he had from actually even having playing time. But then it’s the player not the coach right?! we always get held to a different standard than everybody else. Stingley at LSU basically had the job as soon as you got on campus and jumped off the screen from day one.

Current safety totals in NFL:

LSU---------5
Bama-------7
OSU--------6
Clemson----2
Georgia-----3

Miami-------6

Deon Bush is the only one of our six who wasn't coached by Banda at all.

What about production in college? Lets compare PBU and INT's in college. Or Passer Rating (Against) for players developed by them and molded by them for their own system.

I think its pretty obvious Banda is not on Raymonds level. But I think it will be make or brake for Banda if he does jack **** with the talented safeties we have gotten recently. Honestly if Hall, Bubba and now Avantae don't develop in to day 2 or higher type draftees it'll be the nail in the coffin.

Advertisement
I think its pretty obvious Banda is not on Raymonds level. But I think it will be make or brake for Banda if he does jack **** with the talented safeties we have gotten recently. Honestly if Hall, Bubba and now Avantae don't develop in to day 2 or higher type draftees it'll be the nail in the coffin.
So he needs to put all of them as early draft picks Regardless of how they ball out in college?
This is what I’m talking about. Why does saban get a pas with jobe? Why does uga get a pass with Campbell? We would be killing our staff right now if they performed like they have been.
We are the only team that’s expected to
Make every elite kid a day one pick. Nobody does that. Nobody.

So he needs to put all of them as early draft picks Regardless of how they ball out in college?
This is what I’m talking about. Why does saban get a pas with jobe? Why does uga get a pass with Campbell? We would be killing our staff right now if they performed like they have been.
We are the only team that’s expected to
Make every elite kid a day one pick. Nobody does that. Nobody.
Im saying something different to this affect. Im saying the big schools recruit with wins, get the star players can just let them be stars. Most of those teams coaches are interchangeable, Raymond aside.

What I am saying is Banda has shown that he can get mid 3 stars drafted. He has also shown struggles with rotations, playing the right players and has struck out on players in recruitiment. His bread and butter is development. If you only do one thing good, and then you fail at that one thing, yes, you will be on the chopping block.

That said hes showing he can recruit better recently getting Hall, Keontra, Bolden and Williams. But he HAS to do what he does best with them and develop.

Advertisement
Im saying something different to this affect. Im saying the big schools recruit with wins, get the star players can just let them be stars. Most of those teams coaches are interchangeable, Raymond aside.

What I am saying is Banda has shown that he can get mid 3 stars drafted. He has also shown struggles with rotations, playing the right players and has struck out on players in recruitiment. His bread and butter is development. If you only do one thing good, and then you fail at that one thing, yes, you will be on the chopping block.

That said hes showing he can recruit better recently getting Hall, Keontra, Bolden and Williams. But he HAS to do what he does best with them and develop.
I’m not saying Banda is irreplaceable. But it’s a lot easier to keep your job and look good if your class is full of elite freaks like LSU and Osu.
Everyone forgets about the elite dudes that didn’t get drafted when a few of your dudes are day one picks.
We've all seen how hard it is to get elite kids at db.
It’s an expensive position to recruit at. Look at UGA, LSU, And OSU’s db rooms. They’re full of blue chip 6ft, 4.3 dudes. How are you gonna compare the two coaches when they’re starting with 2 different types of athletes.

Advertisement
****, Banda got some good vibes on this site for like 1 day after a very strong recruiting cycle and y’all are already back to bashing him.

Here’s a newsflash for the haters. Unless he decides to leave for a promotion, Banda ain’t going nowhere for as long as Manny is our coach. And why would he? His position group has been 1 of the more consistent groups on the team during his tenure and he’s recruited a room **** near full of 4 stars.

Raymond's a recruiter man u really don't have to coach an Adams or the Reeds of the world. Those guys are born savages. Just like Saban was trash in the NFL cause he can't recruit like college. Those guys are suppose to be legendary coaches but all they do is recruit the best players.

****, Banda got some good vibes on this site for like 1 day after a very strong recruiting cycle and y’all are already back to bashing him.

Here’s a newsflash for the haters. Unless he decides to leave for a promotion, Banda ain’t going nowhere for as long as Manny is our coach. And why would he? His position group has been 1 of the more consistent groups on the team during his tenure and he’s recruited a room **** near full of 4 stars.
Hall and Williams pull are big pulls man. He beat Saban for Hall....thing is I don't think the scheme is that great for those guys to shine. U also need an elite front for those guys to look next level.....and we don't have that.

Advertisement
Back