Ray Lewis III, Transfering

Advertisement
If Ray's kid wanted to come here, you bite your tongue and extend that scholly. Coach may have alot of misses on recruiting but I didn't have a problem with this one.
This. He didn't pan out, and after 1.5 seasons he's transferring so it's whatever.

Agreed. The revisionist history here is what infuriates me the most. EVERYONE here knew this kid was a reach, and a project at best. But I sure don't remember anyone saying a **** thing about us taking him. He was Ray Lewis' kid, and a legacy, and the hope was that it would keep RL around the program which could attract other recruits, etc...

He was worth taking a flyer on. He's not the first legacy we have taken that was questionable as far as UM caliber, and he wont be the last.

I'm never in favor of giving a kid a football scholarship based on anything except an evaluation of his talent, potential, and likelihood that he can stay in school. If you give a kid the scholarship for any other reason, you are probably wasting a valuable scholarship (don't complain about lack of depth).

I agree, however, look at the flack and hate coming out of Chad Wilson and a few others because those offers did not come or other options were offered (positions, etc.)... Crazy but true.

"But but he's Ray Lewis' kid so we HAVE to offer him a scholarship."

"You dont turn down Ray Lewis' kid no matter what."

"He's going to outwork everybody, he's RaY Lewis' kid."

Are you guys sure? Because the franchise said otherwise. And I listen to him, because his name is the franchise

Advertisement
I wish him well. I also agree that we should offer second gen kids. Part of Miami's reputation is as a "family for life" and looking after the kids is part of building this. Once the kid realizes he is never going to play they will leave to a place where they can and The U is not the bad guy. In addition, I think, I don't know, but I think that many of Al's "misses" as some here call them, we recruits that would come despite the NCAA BS. We can all say that is an excuse, but I have talked to many who said we would have gotten their kid but for the NCAA risk. Now that he has presure on him, Al will use those not playing to make room for kids who, at this point, are unaffected by the NCAA. That is all poarsters

We should perhaps do that, but only for the guys who didn´t go on and earn dozens of millions during their career. Even a relatively expensive place like UM is nothing for the Ray Lewises of the world. I still find it hard to believe we actually used up a scholly on the son of a multi-millionaire.

"But but he's Ray Lewis' kid so we HAVE to offer him a scholarship."

"You dont turn down Ray Lewis' kid no matter what."

"He's going to outwork everybody, he's RaY Lewis' kid."

Don't forget about his incredible stats (against non-athletes), and surely he has outstanding instincts (hint: he doesn't) cause Ray did.

Unfortunately the morons who backed signing this kid won't learn their lesson because, well, they're stubborn morons.

in order for us to take a full 2015 recruiting class, we will still need a few more student-athletes to leave the team(and this is taking into consideration only Flowers & Duke going pro).

so as long as we are bringing in better players than are leaving, some attrition is actually a good thing. if we want to take a full class of (possibly)26-27 kids this year, a couple more will need to transfer(or commit sexual battery)

forgot he was on the team. can't believe fentress is playing but not a legacy....by the way, fentress was made to look real stupid and awkward on Cook's first TD.

he also made a touchdown saving tackle on cook later in the game in the same kind of situation. Those are 50/50 plays at best and he made 50 percent of them in that game

Advertisement
If Ray Lewis wants his son to get an offer and you Miami, you give him the dam scholly. If he has 6 kids who want to come to Miami, you give all 6 a scholly. He Ray Freakin Lewis and it's The U.

Was there a kid we didn't offer because of RL3 who blew up at another school? If not, then I don't see the harm in offering this kid.

Was there a kid we didn't offer because of RL3 who blew up at another school? If not, then I don't see the harm in offering this kid.

I'm sure it didn't stop us from making offers, but offers aren't that important. Signing is all that matters. When did we opt not to recruit Skai Moore? Was that the same year we signed RL3?

I'm pretty sure we didn't sign a few guys who wound up blowing up elsewhere. To keep signing bums and watching them quit or get the boot after a couple years can't be the best way to build a deep and productive roster.

Advertisement

I'm sure it didn't stop us from making offers, but offers aren't that important. Signing is all that matters. When did we opt not to recruit Skai Moore? Was that the same year we signed RL3?

I'm pretty sure we didn't sign a few guys who wound up blowing up elsewhere. To keep signing bums and watching them quit or get the boot after a couple years can't be the best way to build a deep and productive roster.

Skai Moore was the same year. The corches didn't offer Skai Moore until NLOI day. It was too late at that point.

I agree with what you are saying about building rosters, but this one kid was an exception and I don't know if his offer precluded the corches from offering Skai Moore.

2123162.jpg

in order for us to take a full 2015 recruiting class, we will still need a few more student-athletes to leave the team(and this is taking into consideration only Flowers & Duke going pro).

so as long as we are bringing in better players than are leaving, some attrition is actually a good thing. if we want to take a full class of (possibly)26-27 kids this year, a couple more will need to transfer(or commit sexual battery)

We wont take a full class because we have tons of decommits and kids running from this program. We have what over a dozen decommits and you are talking about taking a full class? The only way we take a full class is if we "shovel" a bunch fo no star craptastic kids from NJ, PA, NY, and projects. We might lose on kids like Scarlett because this admin and staff is so **** weak. CLOWN

Advertisement
Excellent. He was never going to play here. I'd like to see 4-5 more players go...

I'm never in favor of giving a kid a football scholarship based on anything except an evaluation of his talent, potential, and likelihood that he can stay in school. If you give a kid the scholarship for any other reason, you are probably wasting a valuable scholarship (don't complain about lack of depth).

Oh shìt! I just tore my rotator patting myself on the back.

Advertisement
Back